Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Fest Sep. 11-12th, Morris, Il

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, May 21, 2010.

1. indyjps

indyjps

Im stuck in another country for work trip, I live in Oswego.

Please post some pics so I dont feel so leftout, Help, Im having car show withdrawl

2. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I read that there were 22 cars at 10:30 am and 2 more arrived and left by noon. Sounds like a rip-roarin good time.

I know the weather kept most away. If it was 80* and sunny I bet they would have gotten probably double the cars...

Look at it this way, you and couple others got the prime swap meet stuff.

but either way... Jalopy Fest = FAIL

(not that I expected anything different)

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

:rolleyes:
    yeah *snicker* please post some pictures:p

I really want to see the coverage...:rolleyes:

4. Ironswims

Ironswims
    from Illinois

How was the turnout in Peotone?

Any pics?

5. Chris 50

Chris 50

Now this is hush hush too? This has to be the most secretive show ever! :rolleyes:

6. Some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope on the sunniest day of the year!! This is getting old real fast wheres the moderator when you need him?? Remember when just having someplace to take your rod where it fit in was a good thing? Now everything is debatable or open to criticism by a few who feel they speak for everyone or have a show of there own to promote................how sad

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  7. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Hangin' out at the second day of jalopy fest.

8. c-dan

c-dan
    from Illinois

WOW that band (Iron Horse) was very entertaining and a great time. hope we can get them again next year. Yes there will be a next year! Sold a lot of great parts and couldnt pass up on a few nice items. I was there both days and both parties and wouldn't have wanted to be anyplace else. Everyone that I spoke to had a great time too!! Beer, bands, cars and friends . . . . what a great time!!!!! Thanks Jalopy Fest for a great time with great people! The whole weekend was a blast!

9. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Last year the Pile-Up it was cold and wet and 1200+cars showed up,so whats your point?

10. I'm not one of the haters, I could care less if there's two shows in Illinois..just another show I can attend is the way I see it..but I'd really like to see show coverage, if there wasn't a few shows in Michigan this weekend I would have came down to check out this show in person

11. MODELA30

MODELA30

Did you go to the same pile-up i went to. Last year i got there at 8:20 am and parked. The show started at 9:00 am i left at 12:30 because i could not walk in there, there were so many people. But yes it was cold but it never rained!!!!! Cold weather does not stop people from going to a show or any were for that matter but if it rains hell people can not find there accelerater pedal when it rains. Knuck from indiana.

12. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Bet it was a lot easier to walk around during jalopy fest.

13. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

It rained ALL day long on Friday the fairgrounds were very wet(puddles all over) dont you remember the white slurry that was all over the cars driving around inside the fairgrounds?

14. MODELA30

MODELA30

Yes it did rain friday night but not saturday. If it would have been raining saturday that would had made a difference. Especialy with a open car or no windows. Knuck from indiana.

15. I posted some pics on another thread for 35PU.
    Hey Knuck I saw you on the cart when Liz was taking your wheels out. You should have introduced yourself!

16. c-dan

c-dan
    from Illinois

My point is how long did it take for the pile-up to have that many cars show up???? Your first year was no where near that. I've been to a lot of the pile-up shows and every show has been getting bigger, but it takes time. The pile-up is a great show and we really enjoyed it. Why can't you people be happy that there's another show so you can show off your cars? Life is too short! Plus I enjoy less cars so I can have room to walk around and look at the cars and talk with the people who own them. I go to Morris cruise night every month and there are so many cars there that I don't even look at them all because there are way too many. I was told there were 82 cars on Saturday and 90 on Sunday. I'd have to say that's a pretty good turn out (especially Saturday in the rain) for a first time show. I've been to car shows where there are less than 15 for their first show. Anyhow, who gives a darn how many cars show up? It was a great time and I'll be there again and so will other people. So if you'd like to come and enjoy yourself, we'd love to have ya, but if you'd rather stay home and complain on the computer, we'll enjoy the show without ya! (being at the show sounds a lot more fun than sitting at home by yourself in front of the computer!)

17. chopz56

chopz56

Not only did rain all Friday,it was cold add the next morning our windows were frozen on the inside and out!But like everyone keeps saying 1200 plus cars and a hell of alot more people!

18. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Hey I just would like to see some pics. I was out west for a swap meet last weekend and would like to see what I missed.

19. MODELA30

MODELA30

HERE IS THE OTHER SITE WITH PICTURES Jalopy Fest 2010 pics . I HAD A GOOD TIME. C-DAN IS RIGHT THE PILE-UP DID GROW EVERY YEAR. I HAVE BEEN GOING OUT THERE FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS AND MAN THAT LAST ONE WAS CRAZY. BUT WE ALL START SOMEWHERE. I WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR. HEY STRCOMP I AM SORRY I DID NOT INTRODUCED MYSELF WAS THAT YOU AT THE SWAP MEET? ANYWAY I MIGHT GO TO THE PILE-UP EVEN IF IT IS 5 HOURS AWAY. WE WILL SEE. KNUCK FROM INDIANA.

20. Our first year we had 250 cars and 2500+ people, this year 350 cars and 3800 people. TorqueFest had well over 300 cars its first year. It is all on how it is promoted and who is involved.

21. Hank

Hank
    from Wisconsin

Keep in mind that when the Pileup started the HAMB was much smaller. You could see all the new posts on one page. Now it's a couple pages of new posts each day. Ahh the good old days.

22. Chris 50

Chris 50

And also keep in mind that for better or worse, this thread got bumped to the top well over a hundred times leading up to the show. You can't buy that kind of publicity.......or can you?

23. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

The only thing people didn't like about the show was when it was first posted it made mention of a lot of clubs and people who weren't actually involved. It made people believe that it was the pileup when it wasn't. Coattail riding so to speak. If the show rocks cool. But it's the first impression and that first impression sucked.

24. MODELA30

MODELA30

hank is right the pile-up was word of mouth and a flyer here and there. Now the internet and the hamb and that is why you got 250 cars.

25. silent rick

silent rick

yeah, technically it was the first year for this show, but all the hype and build up promoted it as a continuation of the pileup. add to that 700 cars being in town for the morris cruise yet the show didn't even draw a hunnert cars, i'd have to say the show failed miserably.
    i was at the first pileup, it was cold and rainy there too. i remember feeling bad for bobby bleed having to drive back to wisconsin in the roadster. cold and rain don't keep the faithful away but poor planning and lies will.

26. MODELA30

MODELA30

The morris cruise is in the evening and by that time it was nice outside. It was raining in the morning!!! Hey silent rick we are still waiting for the pics of the whites pit stop us30 reunion!!!!! Knuck from indiana.

27. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Right.

And this isn't a Pileup -vs- Jalopy Fest issue... it's totally about respect and just doing the right thing.

Just remember... attitude means a lot in this community. Do you think a few dozen cars drove from Chicago to Wayland Missouri for a 300 car show because they were bored? Who the fuck goes to Wayland, MO for anything (sorry Todd... )

Breeder is cool and would give you the hair off his back if he asked you. So people from all over who knew him made the effort to hit the show.

I know about 50 or so guys who wouldn't go to your show (some as close as) 20 miles away because of the shit that went down.

Imagine if you just played it clean and got the blessings of the Czars and the Red Shirt Army (not that you needed it) But if Django and Hellfish were on here talking you up... I bet you could have had 300+ cars easy.

28. Deadbird

Deadbird

Agreed. I'd have probably made the trip on Saturday if not for the stuff I read about the origins of this show. That got 'em off to a bad start. Maybe it will work out eventually. More events can be a good thing if done right.

29. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

My thoughts exact...It was rude, distrespectfull, and outright wrong on a moral standpoint. Yall can do as you wish and I agree that more events where we are welcome is a good thing....when done right. I dont feel that a "blessing" is needed per say, but a friend who has experiance in running a show at that venue would have been priceless. A group of friends with a lot of connections, well, nuf said. Pissing off a bunch of people with a shit load of connections...and you get what you get. This is not rocket science people, this is simple common respect within the community.

What I find even more interesting is the support he/they got. There is a clear cut reason why you had poor turnout, ya pissed off almost every club in your back yard! You want to call me a hater, or a whiner, or bitchy...fire away. At least I know how not to fuck people over, lie about it, lie about who is involved, and hide while questions go unanswered...pop out from under my rock and blame it all on someone else. But hey, if yall are cool with supporting that shit then go right on ahead.

As mentioned, this is not an us vs. you argument, or a this show vs. that show debate...this is opposition to support something ran by a liar, promoted by morons who only made it worse by telling lies. Plain and simple.

I wash my hands of this JalopyMess conversation. I honestly hoped it would turn into something respectable as more events near my hometown are always fun. Instead it has become a he said she said bitch-fest with a bunch of morons chiming in their ill informed two cents...