Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Dragsters @ Eagle Field Fresno Dragway Reunion

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Toymaker, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

And the HAMB Dragster winner is................ Gorilla Trap Racing, driven by Sam Evans!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

3. riceman

riceman

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

5. Joe Hamby

Joe Hamby

Is anyone going to tell us about that one with the flathead straight 8?

6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Joe I've tried to get the guys on here to no avail. What I know about the car is it's a stock Pontiac Straight 8 that now has a 3 speed trans and only recently recieved this treatment.............
    [​IMG]

No times yet as they have only participated at Eagle Field.

7. Joe Hamby

Joe Hamby

Thanks Rocky, now it looks like the first GTO motor. I really like to see different motors like this. It looks like maybe, an Early/Gas Rail. Has anyone ran accross the 00 Okie Outlaw, it was a flathead sdra car from Tulsa, that was sold to someone in California, a couple of years ago. That car at it's best would run 11.80's. Joe

8. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I posted this on another thread and thought this would be a good place to offer it completely. Rocky
    THIS ONLY APPLIES TO EAGLE FIELD PARTICIPANTS

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO EAGLE FIELD PARTICIPANTS
    I want to clearify my post without changing it because I'm not backpedaling on it! QUOTE "HAMB "STYLE" Dragsters withe these style engines (3rd generation) are welcomed, encouraged, begged, pleaded and wanted to join the fun at Eagle Field but the Eagle Field HA/GR (insert "AWARD") will go to a Rule complying (as I see it) car. Dick Mosely is a good friend and the only car this applies to at the moment, he is welcome to run with us but the HA/GR final round (again at Eagle Field) will not have a 3rd Generation Chevy 6 in it." ALL cars built in the "Spirit of the Bug", HAMB Style Dragsters are welcome to Come and Race with the HA/GR's at Eagle Field, HOWEVER the Trophy Round will not have a 3rd generation Chevy in it. This still leaves plenty of room for those who just want to come out and "Run for Fun" and allows those who followed the rules to compete for their chance at a prize. The event at Eagle Field is a "Grudge" style format and racers are allowed to come back and race round after round.
    The C/GD dragster offer was to Racers with 3rd generation or non-complying engines who may want to compete for a throphy.
    QUOTE "Skip has asked me in another thread about his build and I encourage him to build with what he has and come join the fun, the 3rd gen chevy's can run in C/GD (bring your 9" slicks if you like:D) and then I'm open to a TOP Eliminator award."

It is true the Slant Six can be a killer along with the big early Chevy and GMC six's, but I didn't write the rules and those who have built cars understood the options (me included) when we started. It just isn't fair to those who have built or started builds under the current rules to start allowing newer Chevy six's to race for a "Title". Those who are building with what they have are welcomed at Eagle Field as there is plenty of room to race for fun! I don't think anyone was afraid of Thingy's 194, it's the oppurtunity others see to build a 250 or even a 292 HA/GR. Rocky

9. 6ck Pony

6ck Pony

10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

11. sam evans

sam evans
    from clovis ca

Hey all, the Gorilla Trap intake and exhaust is all one home made piece.
    It seems to be working out well so far. It's a work in progress and doing changes as time allows. If you look real close you can see the center carb is a dummy.

12. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Welcome to the board, Sam. You guys need to do a build thread so we can all see how that beast is made.

13. 348chevy

348chevy

Just got my new Hot Rod Magazine and Rocky has a nice feature piece in there about the Eagle Field Drags. This guy is the next Mickey Thompson.:DRoy

14. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Don't say that, you know what happened to Mickey don't you:eek:!

15. Four Banger

Four Banger

Katuna, sick minds think alike. That was my very first thought concerning 348's remark. Whatever his promotional successes may be, I know we all wish Rocky a LONG healthy happy life!!!

16. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thanks guy's, I watching my back over the Chevy 6 debate:D Just Kidding, Rocky

17. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Easy for you...you run a Ford!:p

18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

"o" here we go! :D

19. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Sorry...I didn't mean to use the "F" word.:D

Got our room reserved for October...looking forward to seeing you guys again.

20. HAMBsterLady

HAMBsterLady

Got our room reserved also. Ready to leave right now, what do you mean it is still September?

21. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Yeah, and we've turned the ol' Barn Job into a fire breathin', asphalt scorchin', eardrum rupturin', competitor violator. :p

OK, OK, so we just put together a cooling system that seems to be working and finally got the valves to stop kissing the pistons. :eek:

At least she'll finish a race again. :cool:

22. 97

Good NOW let's start another controversy.

E85 is pump gas in California , right ?
    So E85 with its greater energy potential and cooler burning would be an, advantage . as well as help with cooling , right?
    Great so if you were re tune to run E85 ,will you get 85% of the power advantage of running straight Ethanol (E100) which in turn has slightly more energy available than normal race alcohol....Methanol.

Alky has a broader viable mixture range and much wider torque/power band, the same should apply to E85, more torque for longer time. On the dragstrip hopefully the power spread will lower ETs without overcoming the limitations of the 6" tire .

SO all you need to do now Dick is increase compression ...AGAIN...and retune the SUs to suit...right?:D:D:D:D:eek:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  23. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Lets just bypass all that crap and go to HA/FR......."Nitro burning relics of days gone by".......could be a lot of fun.:D

24. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Aaaaaaaarrrrrgghh!!!!! :eek:

...... and renotch the slugs again to clear the valves in the remilled head. :rolleyes:

:D

25. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

They are never done!!:p

26. 97

I already have one of those in my portfolio, it is a money pit.

Attached Files:

27. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Looks like more of a "daily driver".:D

28. 97

Yeah yeah , that would be a fun "week" to bankruptcy :rolleyes: .........Nitro costs $4000 for a 55 gallon drum in this part of the world.....in fact everything is about 4 x US prices, by time you pay freight, tax, and exchange ( US$ to NZ$ ) plus a myriad of "fees" at every stroke of the pen. All is good, it's the real thing and we get to run it a couple of times a year.... There is no race meets for these here, only about 4 Nitro cars in the country that actually run...we are exhibition only.

29. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

It takes devoted folks like you to show the fans what it is all about. Something special about the sound and smell that only those who have experienced it can appreciate.:D Keep up the good work!

30. Farm Truck

Farm Truck
    from Aromas

Well, I'm happy to anounce I have sent in my prereg paperwork and I got the new bullet in the truck.. Just need to put bolts in the verter, put the crank pulley on and fire her up :) 71 extra cubic inches, better set of cyl heads and little bigger cam.. All this should make for a fun truck..