Register now to get rid of these ads!

Relay? South Dakota to Hunnert Car Pileup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad54, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

There's a SWEET '61 Chevy truck hood in Souix Falls, South Dakota... and I'm in Atlanta...

I'm heading to the Hunnert Car Pile-up on October 9... anyone from the Souix Falls area gonna make their way to the Hunnert in Decatur, Illinois? And are you driving something that could haul a Chevy pick-up truck hood?

-Brad

2. Still not sure if we are going to make the trip. If we do Soo Foo is on the way.

3. If any one can get it to interstate 90 just south of Rochester Mn. or close, I'll take it from there.

4. Brad, you're coming to the Pileup..... Cool

5. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Yup, I'll be at the Pile-up covering it for HRDeluxe and Classic Trucks. I'm really hoping they'll accept 5-slot rims and dual spotlights as "two modifications" to get my '61 Suburban in the gate so I can work out of it!

If you guys could PM me your phone numbers and emails, that'll make organizing this debacle a whole lot easier. Then we can go with gang emails, rather than a ton of PMs and posts on here.

-Brad

6. yee haa a GA guy going to the pileup! anyone leaving the pile up heading to SD wanna hook a brother up i got a 5 rims that need to make there way to SD.

7. 6inarow

6inarow

Hey thanks PBRmeASAP for the bump - funny thing is its my hood heading east and my wheels at your place trying to get west........

8. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Bwahahaha! Damn that's too funny!

Hey Jeff--go ahead and bring that single Buick valve cover, too.

-Brad

9. Brad how many cheese curds would it take to get a single buick VC?

10. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

There aren't enough in Wisconsin.
    Same as I'm guessing there aren't enough boiled peanuts in Georgia to get one either!

And what really pisses me off is a few years ago, about 6 months apart, two singles went on ebay and sold for near nothing, because nobody wanted a single!

-Brad

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

If you can get the hood to me by the weekend before the Pileup, I'm sure I can haul it down in the van

12. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Back to the top.
    Looks like if I can get it to south of Rochester, MN I'm home free (Unless T-man is coming, then I'm home-home free!)

So, Brookings or Souix Falls, SD to Rochester, MN is the leg I'm looking for.

Anyone?

-Brad

13. Brad, I am out. carla is in a Patsy Cline Theater production for the next few weeks. Last minute deal and I am bummed for sure.

14. Tman - are you EVER going to make it back for the pileup? We miss you!

15. I thought there was a chance this year but we have too much going on:( Its sokay, means I get the weekend to work on the Tudor and when that is done I am roadtripping!:)

16. WHAAAATTT??? :eek::eek::eek: :(:(:( :cool:

17. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

So can anyone get it from Brookings, SD area to just south of Rochester, MN?

-Brad

18. Yes my friend, it is true.

19. Well, we'll miss seeing you, :( but we're planning on going anyway.

20. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Back up for a last-ditch try... this hood is way to good to go to the scrapper... or anyone but me, for that matter!

-Brad