Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trading cars. Transportation issue!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Sep 12, 2010.

1. I fellow HAMB'r and I are considering trading cars. The catch is he lives in South Carolina and I live in Connecticet. We both (I believe) are very comfortable with the trade. He's getting what he wants as am I.
    I do not have a truck and trailer,nor the time to go down and do the swap.
    I am sure more than a few people have done this before. What do you suggest? Should we hire a carrier to trandsport one oneway and then the other the other way? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Todd

2. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

All you can do is either rent a truck and trailer from Uhaul? or pay a drive away service. There are a few in the Hambodex but I have found they are way to expensive for my use. I tried to get a car from California to Ohio, I was quoted $1600 by one of them, my buddy got a guy out of the phone book for $600. I lost the name of the guy with the truck, and he pulled his add, so I am out.

3. brad chevy

brad chevy

Either find a hauler here on the Hamb to do the job,or rent a truck and trailer and maybe split the cost between the both of you. This way you both actually see what you are getting and no bullshit later..It would make for a good weekend roadtrip and it isn"t like you are going cross country.

4. dualquadpete

dualquadpete

How about meeting at the 1/2 way point, switch cars & return??? Do both cars run & driveable??? If not my idea won't work, & you could still do it but need trailer

5. csimonds

csimonds

Hey Tugg,
    Ever thought about Amtrack car transport? I think they do that still?
    Chuck

6. Get in touch with Rick at Showtime Transportation,,he does a lot of hauling for hambers and lives in the upstate of South Carolina.

Ricks cell,,,864-324-1571

Great guy to deal with and does exactly what he says he will do.

All these guys below have been happy with the service.HRP

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352897

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  7. how did this end?