Register now to get rid of these ads!

next up...sept 11 orange airport drag reunion...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by milltownrodz, Aug 16, 2010.

1. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

johns cusom rodz and milltown ink present....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Someone set up a HAMB Meet and Greet as I want to meet as many of my New England HAMB pals as possible that day....but I don't know what anyone looks like.....please :D

3. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

hmmmm? how can this work?would a rea designated be cool?hmmm?shout on the pa?

4. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Loud shout on the PA is a good idea, give us a time to expect it please, some of us are approaching the hearing challenged stage for some reason.......

Ed

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

A specific time is choosen....say 12 noon and a specific location is designated. This I can't help out with cuz I don't know the setup of the place. A reminder 15 minutes prior is a good idea but the time and place should be determined ahead of time in a thread so everyone is on the same page.

6. glassguy

glassguy

hey denise.. whats bringing you out this way???

7. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

ok im meetin with my partner in the show tamara......maybe a sign that says hamb meet up...1pm or sumthin....

8. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

how does thie sign with hamb meet n greet sound?like 2 pm?we talked about it on the radio today....we pushed the hamb.....

9. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

10. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

Am I the only one that thinks it's awkward to have a meet up on September 11th at an airport? I know it is on the weekend but it made me do a double take. I think it's fine to hold the event so don't get me wrong there. It just made me do a double take.

11. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

I read a thread earlier this year talking about all the car shows going on in our corner of the country in the limited amount of time we get and everyone was trying not to over book with another event...so they prob had no choice. Either way Id be there but will be on the west coast for weekend...Good luck and have a blast to everyone going!

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Big Olds was going to bring me out that way ;) but unfortantley my plans have changed for that weekend and I've got to stay in Michigan.:( One of these days I'll get out to the New England states to visit my HAMB pals in the area.

13. Awww maaan!sorry to here that Denise!Maybe next year?

14. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

3 n countin......wait till you c whats comin......

15. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

Any idea of how many "original competition cars" will show up?

16. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

cant get a count....between me n my partner...a shitload......

17. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Big downer, we'll miss you. Bright side is the way this first meet is shapeing up I'm sure there will be plenty more as well as Ty Rods to look forward to. Also a lot of other stuff going on all over NE all season long. Keep the faith.

Ed

18. glassguy

glassguy

fooey!!!

19. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

20. CruZer

CruZer

Oh man !!!!! I thought we wuz gonna meet up twice this year ,Denise. Too bad you're going to miss two great get togethers.
    Glenn

21. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Next is now, past is today, Orange the place to be.......

Ed

22. Milhouse

Milhouse
    from RI

I haven't posted up too much on the HAMB, but I wanted to say a big thanks for setting up this show! It really was one of the best I had been to in a long time. Although I did not get a chance to speak with any other HAMB members (that I know of) I recognized a lot of cars that had been posted up here before. I only wish I had more time to wander around the show and to talk to people, there was just so much stuff to take in (in a good way!)

The highlight of the show for me was talking to one of the original drag racers (who's name I unfortunately did not catch)... while he no longer had the car he still had the speed parts for the original 261 inline six that he had on display. Not only was it amazing to learn all about the history of the car and how they had modified the engine, it was being able to talk in person to him and see the passion for racing in his eyes that made it all worth it. I really felt like I was able to experience a part of history because of that.

Thanks again, and if at all possible please make this an annual event!

23. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Former Pittsfield kid, UMass student and Orange attendee ( in the60s) needs pics!

24. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Milhouse,

Odds are you were talking to Richard Moreau National D Altered Champion and record holder back in the day. I had a nice chat with him also, had not seen or talked with him since the early '60's. True gentleman as a youth as he is today.

Ed

25. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

26. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the link! Great to see.... vic

27. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

we are in the middle of doing this anaual...we are 99percent sure now of this.....thanx for comin out...
    it meant alot to us to get the cars and the people that founded orange together....great time....we do alot of shows...this one meant the most....

28. Church Key

Church Key

Thanks to everyone involved for putting on such a great show. I had a terrific time, and will be back next year. Chuch Key, BRADY & MAHAN B/A

29. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

30. CruZer

CruZer

It was great meeting you and hanging out.
    Glenn