Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hopefully I'm a stepping up....from a 29 to a 36

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lonestarentertainment, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Well I finally sold my 29 sedan ( it was on here for sale ) for awhile, and Tuesday after work I'm headed to go drop a deposit on a 36 ford coupe!

Hopefully I'll be stepping up in the rod world by making this leap o faith. I've always loved the lines on a 36 so I'm pretty sure I'll be happy either way

The 36 is a chopped 5 window coupe, not to many thrills cause it is still a project car but the chop looks like it was done right ( 2 inches maybe 3)
    It's on a 36 frame, boxed from firewall forward, Farman mustang II up front and an 8 inch ford in the rear... Motor mounts and tranny mounts are there for a sbc and a turbo 350....

I don't have any pics right now but I'm planning on snapping a few on Tuesday and I'm definately going to be running a step by step build there here too .

2. Moondog13

Moondog13

Can't wait to see some pics! Congrats on the new project! :D

3. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds good, will be great when you get rid of the MII front and drop in a dressed flattie!!

4. big bad john

big bad john

Congrats..........keep us posted when you get it......Big Bad John:D

5. brady1929

brady1929

i love 36 fords

6. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Great choice....congrats!!!!:D

7. Hey guys thanks a bunch on the congrats with the car... well we picked her up today and ive got a couple of pics of it in my phone but nothing that really shows her off to much..... Ill work later on this evening at getting the pics from my phone to my computer, then post em up here

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  8. NYfatboy

NYfatboy

I'm no expert but those look like 35 fenders to me. Anyway, congrats on a nice car!

9. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

'35 firewall too.

10. Yeah it is a 35 but soon to be getting converted over to a 36....

the firewall has be completely cut out and replace with a bitchin unit, so dont know how you could tell its a 35 by that ?