Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wisconsin HAMB'r entrepreneurs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigChief, Sep 9, 2010.

1. BigChief

BigChief

Hello All!!!

A couple of very, very good friends of mine (fellow HAMBr ModelABrian and his wife Julie) just moved to Marshfield Wisconsin and took ownership of the local Napa store. Brian and Julie Smith are absolutely wonderful people, they have a few killer rods/cars/trucks and do what they can to support the hobby and share the fun and knowledge. They are in WI via Dayton OH, Rochester NY and Chicago IL where they've fostered deep friendships with many people along the way.

If you're in the area stop in and say 'Hi!' to the new owners. Brian is a hands-on guy and is usually in the store or doing deliveries himself. There are grumblings of a cruise-in there in the not so distant future (before snow flys).

Here's the store location.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?h...&hnear=Marshfield,+WI&cid=1758515931638151738

I hope to hear that some HAMB folks stop in and say hello and get to know the Smiths.

Thanks!

-Bigchief.

2. Best wishes to them! Good to hear of another store actually owned by car folk!

3. sota

sota

Brian and his wife and both stand-up folks and will be missed here in their hometown.For you that need parts stop and shop at his store.

4. bonebroke

bonebroke
    from WI.

welcome brian and julie, i lived over there for a few years and made lots of trips to that store. next time i go over that way ill stop in and buy something.

5. 194 miles away....kinda far to pick up parts......wish they were closer, my NAPA sucks ass

6. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Marshfield is right in my neck of the woods. I've actually went to that Napa a few times. Maybe now I'll finally find someone who doesn't give me a weird look when I need parts for a 50's whatevermobile.

7. So close and yet so far. I will have to try and get in there to say hi.

8. Tony

Tony

Gotta bump this up fom Brian and Julie and their new endeavor.
    Like Big Chief said, very good friends of mine as well and i can honestly say you will not find a part's store owner who is more interested in helping his customer's.

Lemme give you a little info....
    see, i work in an auto repair shop and have for 20 years now and when Brian started getting serious about getting into the parts business, he spent a long time talking to the owner of our shop, myself and anyone else who dealt with parts stores.
    His goal was to find out ALL he could, good and bad, in order to run his store the best he could and give his buyer's a good feeling in doing business with him. We talked a LOT, and i know for fact that he spoke with many other's like us doing the same thing.
    So he did his homework....

So with that all said, stop in his place when it comes time for your parts and know you are not dealing with "just another parts store", but with a guy who actually give's a shit about you.
    If he came back to Rochester i'd probably be working for him myself, i know for a fact i'd be buying from him :D

Best of luck guy's!

Tony

9. Fleetside Sweetie

Fleetside Sweetie

Thank you all so much! Brian and I look forward to meeting and getting to know our fellow car nuts in central Wisconsin! Stop by the store or give us a call (715) 387-1738, whether you need parts or you just want to chat with others who love the hot rods as much as you do.

Those of you who are in our other "home towns" in Indiana, Dayton, OH and Rochester, NY, come visit or call us soon! We miss you and always have a guest room open.

Julie "Fleetside Sweetie" Smith

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hey Julie, welcome to the HAMB! Best of luck to the two of you in your new endevor. When I get to the area I'll make sure I stop and say hi.

11. Fleetside Sweetie

Fleetside Sweetie

Thanks, Denise! Hope to see you soon!

12. sota

sota

Juile, Best of luck to you and Brain!Please tell Brain that Ed Gromer said hello.

13. Fleetside Sweetie

Fleetside Sweetie

Will do! He should be home from the store in a bit. I will also send you his new cell number. Thanks for the well wishes. We are having a blast with all of this.

14. krimsonghost

krimsonghost

if i ever make it up to the marshfield area, i will swing by and say hi

15. Fleetside Sweetie

Fleetside Sweetie

Awesome! We look forward to it.

16. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    from Wisconsin

Congratulations on the purchase of the store. While I don't live in Marshfield anymore (moved about 3 months ago) I still get back there quite a bit. I tend to do a lot of work on my stuff when I'm in the Neillsville area. I'll have to stop by when I start the serious work on my Plymouth.

17. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Congrats on the store & your new path in life. I wish you 2 the best & know if anyone could pull it off...Its YOU! **To whom it may concern from that area...You truely will never meet a better couple than Julie & Brian. They are 2 of the most welcoming & humble people i've ever met who are constantly always willing to help. I bet from an introduction/handshake you will make a new friend beyond the business.
    I'm honored to know the both of them!! Miss ya guys--Xo Tom

18. Ironswims

Ironswims
    from Illinois

Excellent! Car people with a parts store = all good. The location looks like the definition of boonies :D

19. big bad john

big bad john

Ill stop in when in the area......welcome to Wisconsin...Big Bad John

20. Fleetside Sweetie

Fleetside Sweetie

Thanks, Tommy! Miss you, too! <<HUGS>>

Thanks, too StayFrosty (can't wait to see the Plymouth), Big Bad John and Ironswims.

21. studematt

studematt

I know exactly where that is. My parents summer home is right down the road from there.