Register now to get rid of these ads!

36 dodge brothers truck build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Jun 12, 2010.

1. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

You kids and your crazy hotrods:D neat project. keep it up!

2. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

3. choptvan

choptvan

thank you gentlemen. I appreciate it.

4. Joes50

Joes50

Wow......I like your work!!! Thank You for sharing and replying to all the questions. I can't wait for the next update.

5. choptvan

choptvan

will only be bolt on stuff the next few times. Front end parts mostly. But I will be building the pitman arm right after that. But I will keep it posted...

6. choptvan

choptvan

So. It has been awhile. Most of it was so boring we did not even bother to post it. That, and I was real busy on other projects. So here is an update.

I realize I forgot to post the pic of the assembled front end. I am short a few springs here. It is all assembled with spring sliders now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still have to mount/ build the brake lines on the rear axle. I want it loaded with the weight to be sure of where the line will go when the line and the rear suspension flexs

[​IMG]

took out a few springs to reach the desired height with. Also bent the steering arms and placed them out back where they should have been.

[​IMG]

engine is getting some attention right now. All painted and waiting on a few parts. Should have a few pix of that tomorrow.

7. choptvan

choptvan

8. hooligan909

hooligan909
    from San Diego!

i still wanna get a ride in this thing!!!!!

9. choptvan

choptvan

may want to do it soon then. The roof comes off for a trim soon!

10. hooligan909

hooligan909
    from San Diego!

did yea start the chop yet???

11. anteek

anteek

What are the rear springs and hangars? Also what steering box? nice truck!!!!!!!!!!

12. choptvan

choptvan

THe rear springs are out of the same truck as the motor/trans. A 1984 dodge ram mini truck. 2wd. The cowl steering box is rom a volvo 140. VERY fast steering. Feels like rack and pinion.

13. choptvan

choptvan

did you move already! You never stopped by! Does this answer your question?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a lot done to this. By the end of the weekend I should have the chop finished, and the tailgate done. It already has the bed wood installed with strips, and the grille finished. Also, changed out that steering wheel.

14. hooligan909

hooligan909
    from San Diego!

looking good man!!!!!! did you talk guy into painting it yet? or does he still wanna leave it as is?

and yea im down in San Diego now!!!! its pretty rad down here! there is a big car show here every wensday less then a mile from my place! an im digging all the sun lol!

you coming down for ink n iron?

15. choptvan

choptvan

Nope. But my guys will be there! We are going to paint it blood rear and black. Black grille, black interior, black headlight/tailights, black frame/steering/suspension and motor with a few trick parts on it. Just got he exhaust done to. 1.5 inch straight all the way out back.