Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage hot rod hoe down pa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by teddyp, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Mapquest sayeth Norwitch.

2. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

6825 Norwitch Dr Phila Pa 19153

3. CHOP36

CHOP36

Its close by the Philadelphia Int Airport .Off Instate 95

4. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

I'm about 3 1/2 hrs. from Syracuse, north, and the HotRod HoeDown is about 1 1/2 hrs the other way south from me or about 5 hrs would be my quess. But its a great show.

5. Goldy

Goldy

cool stuff!!!!!

6. lorodz

lorodz

looked like fun

7. 'Be there Sat, this is definitely on my "not-to-be-missed" show list.

8. Flathead26T

Flathead26T

i'll be there on saturday.

9. George T G

George T G

:confused:Looks like a long cold drive but I'm heading down. Not sure of the route yet. Two different ideas Tpk or senic road.

10. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

Heading down Sat. morning

11. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Can any Philly guys give a status on the traffic because of the Girard Point Bridge painting? That's the huge bridge on Rt 95 near the Airport. A friend said 95 backs up there and it takes about a half hour to get through it, even on Saturdays. Between a traffic tie up and green bridge paint overspray, people coming in on 95 South may want to re-route. That bridge is so high, I get sweaty palms driving an old car over it on a good day. I have no idea if it's still an issue or not, but does anybody know?

12. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I won't be able to make it to the show this year, but I've been to the Simeone Museum before and it is kick ass. Looks like a real good time

13. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

What's the temp in tamaqua on a september saturday morning at 7 am, George? About 35? What no heat in that beauty!!!!

14. George T G

George T G

I guess they want mid 40's. Not as bad as the Vargo show were I had 28 one frostey Nov morn.:eek:

15. dont feel bad dude I'm with ya bringing my roadster pick up
    unfortunitly I put a top on it and it has a mohave heater in it
    (which is way to much for my roadster ).
    I will be leaving at 5 am from nyc so if anybody wants to hook up on the way down guess pm me tonight .
    I have a crackberry Im always on the computer now.

16. teddyp

teddyp

got afew things to fix on the chevy so i,m riding over with cowboy vinny and dave

17. George T G

George T G

:DWell I washed off the Macungie crud from 2 weeks ago checked the fluids, packed extras (leaks) and ready for the AM after I get a fill up and add the Lucas.

18. George T G

George T G

Save me some of that extra heat. I'm leaving about 6 and the only heat I have is the view of the headers through the open floor/firewall area.
    Do I see a "Henry-J as your avatar? Yours? That is my next project Hilborns on a 354 and a push button TF . A-100 axel narrowed 5" in the front and a Winters quick change on the other held together by a Scout frame.:eek:

19. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

95 south has been backing up at the girard point bridge for at least a half hour most every day, not sure if they're doing construction today (sat) . If you're worried about traffic, get off at any of the exits in South Philly ( Washington Ave, Penrose, etc) and cut across the city, it's not that bad a drive. Philly is laid out like a checker board, and you'll be getting off around 2nd street, just go west on any street till you hit broad. There is no 14th street in Philly...it goes 11th, 12th , 13th , Broad, 15th, 16th etc So make a turn onto Broad ..Probably around the 2000 block of south Broad, Passyunk ave comes in . Turn westbound onto Passyunk, continue westbound past 15th , 16th etc and after a while you'll be passing a lot of junkyards, at this point the road turns into Essington ave, and you'll then see new car dealorships on the right hand side of the road. Norwitch Drive is a small road behind the car dealorships. Norwitch drive is only about 2 blocks long. The drive from 95 to Norwitch thru the city streets shouldn't take longer than 15 to 20 minutes tops. If you get lost call me at this number 215-669-5390. I live in south philly so I know the area pretty well. I remain.. Chris in Philly

20. George T G

George T G

Neat show well worth the 2+ hr drive. Looks like they ran out of room, some nice stuff parked out on the street.

21. Large_911

Large_911

Yeah, that lot was way too small. Cool show as usual though...

22. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

23. koolkemp

koolkemp

Time for some pics !!

24. George T G

George T G

Neat show worth the 100+ mi ride but my ass is still sore.:rolleyes: Did it rain there on Sun? Hope to come again next year.

25. machineguneddies

machineguneddies
    from NJ

Yeah...we were parked out on the street with the 64 vette. Good thing they let us move it in front of the gets eventually. Too small of a lot though, they need a bigger one. And what was with the no alcohol. We opened up in front of a cop, brought it through the front gate and then was told we were going to get thrown out.

26. gearhead55

gearhead55
    from philly

anyone have pics????

27. George T G

George T G

There is pics on two other posts. Any idea of how many cars?

28. Overflowed the joint Saturday, Sunday I hear was a washout.

29. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

Hot Rod Hoedown has a NEW LOCATION FOR 2011 . Check their show infomation.

30. George T G

George T G

I thought it was going to be the same place this year as last year.:)
    GEORGE!!