Register now to get rid of these ads!

Previous owner bitching

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dr_X, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Dr_X

Dr_X

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I am selling a non HAMB friendly truck, the previous owner just called me to tell me I ripped him off. I paid him exactly what he was asking. I brought the truck home, put a bunch of time and about $500 into it and sold it for three times what I paid for it. If he would have fixed it up a little he could have gotten more money, that's what i told him.
    I think i'm done flipping cars for awhile.

2. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

Who cares what he says?

3. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

he is just mad you did what he couldnt do. forget about him and move on. its not your fault he is lazy.

4. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

dont sweat it , if you gave him what he asked for it , he has no grounds to carp , like one of the old guys used to say be careful what you ask for you may get it lmfao

5. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

If you paid him what he was asking, that's his fault. Even if you didn't pay him what he was asking, it would have been his fault for selling it for less than asking price. Don't let it bother you.

6. I'm sure that's not the first time he paid an idiot tax.

7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

That is about as stupid as if gets. Tell him fine, you'll never buy another car from him again.

8. Trophydash

Trophydash
    from Tulsa, OK

Another sore loser!

9. rschilp

rschilp

I went to something similar recently, bought a stack of parts and sold it piece by piece, the first part I sold for more then I paid for all the parts I bought. Previous owner called me to complain that I ripped him of. But he named his price and I paid what he wanted, no reason for him to complain. I can't help that he didn't do his homework and check casting codes on some of the parts he sold me, that's how I made my money (428 CJ and some really nice flathead speed parts)

10. Not your fault he is stupid.

11. candy53

candy53

Buy low, sell high! thats the name of the game.

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

sounds like the seller is the King of the Dumbshits.

13. You can't stop stupid . . .

14. CruZer

CruZer

Exactly. He didn't have the talent / time / ambition to fix it up and make a profit and now he's complaining. Tough, too bad for him.

15. -Brent-

-Brent-

It happened when I bought a car that didn't run, stranded roadside by the owner's home. I paid the seller his asking price of $150, put a fuel pump relay in it, and drove home.

I don't remember what exactly he said when the car fired up but I remember his tone and body language. He lived less than a mile from me and everytime he drove by and saw me he gave me a dirty look. I drove that car for a couple years of college and it only broke down once. I sold it for exactly what I paid for it and the young guy drove it problem free for a few years, too.

16. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

regardless if you paid his price or he took your price, he chose to sell his truck for what you gave him, end of story

17. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

It's called free enterprise, the country was founded on it. You sir are a patriot!

18. old 52

old 52

Does he have anything else for sale?

19. Yeah??? If you didn't rip him off, then why are you wearing a mask?????

Actually I bought a 69 leMans ragtop with a goat nose out of the local antique, custom sportscarmart.....The phone # printed was wrong, but I called the mag and got the right # from them. It turns out that after a week, I was the first person to call him about the car. I talked him down $250 and bought the car. I called back a few weeks later with a question, and man was he pissed at me!!! Once the mag printed the correct phone number he started getting calls offering 3 times what he had wanted, car unseen....
    Yeah he was pissed...but that sure the hell wasn't my fault....

20. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I use to have a good friend Till I bought my old truck back off him ,Rehabbed my truck for 300 .I decided if he is that stupid to be mad at me for buying my old truck and rehabbing it .Its not like he asked me to help him fix it up or anything .So I basically said goodbye .That was years ago .I still talk to him maybe once a year and thats it.

21. big bad john

big bad john

I wonder if you sold the truck 3 times cheaper than you paid for it.......would he be bitching...........HE SOUND LIKE A DUMPASS:confused:

22. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Why does the PO know anything about your current business?

23. tjsr19

tjsr19
    from Lincoln NE

i just sold a trans from a newer truck. I had the motor transfer case and trans all in one package. the guy called me up and asked me to split them up I said I would. he told me he was going to buy a truck that needed a trans for 400 bucks. the truck was in great shape ect. just needed a trans. long pointless story short he got a very clean truck for 600 dollars just because he put in a little bit of work. He did what was needed and it paid off. I wish i had seen the truck for 400 but i did not. more power to him. i hope he makes a butt load on this truck.

24. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

I hope you hung up on him.

25. brad chevy

brad chevy

Hell,call him back and ask him if hes got anything else for sale,then tell him to kiss your ass.It takes a real dumbass to admit hes a real dumbass.

26. hotrod8

hotrod8

you cant fix stupid !!! not even with duct tape !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Maybe he should've taken the shit to Vegas to be on Pawn Stars. His loss, he named the price.

28. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Tell him to kiss ole' spot!

29. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

I think Id call him up and ask if he has anything else for sale? :D

30. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

If he calls again offer to give him lessons in economics. $35 an hour................. Ha. LOL!