Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Little Red Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Dynoroom

Dynoroom

My son & I were at the Peterson for an auction and the we got this shot.

Attached Files:

2. camchuck

camchuck

Are you reaching over the roped in area. :D Nice pic

3. barney rubble

barney rubble

I havnt been on here for a while but it seems like this thread just lives on like the LRW.:cool::cool::cool:

George nice to hear from you. I spent a lot of time looking at the truck that weekend in Columbus when you had it there. Take good care of her its deffinatly a part of history.

4. camchuck

camchuck

Hey George do you currently own the original truck? Was it still running 15 inch wheels up till 1975?

5. Tat-2

Tat-2
    from SoCal

Man, I would love to see a bunch of these old wheelstanders at an event and watch them race against each other again.... I saw most all of them at one time or another when I was growing up and went to the tracks......

6. George T G

George T G

Yep still here in a side room in the shop.
    It has 15" Tork Thrust D's from the 60's. They really had a guy from American excited about them a few years back at a show but I wouldn't let them go. Mav thought that was "neat".
    I don't think it ever had anything other than 15" rims. Even the white ones early on weere the early 15" SS rims which were about the same as the factory A-100 rims.:cool:

7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

8. camchuck

camchuck

One of these days i am going to get with the guy i was talking about earlier. Told my father i would like to talk face to face about this truck and figure where he was involved. The info i read shows truck had 15 x 7 fronts and 15 x 10 rears and thats what i have. He,s in KY. and i am in OH. and you are in PA. go figure.

9. See posts #2, #31, & #104.

That said, this thread is really about the Little Red Wagon wheelstanders ... for threads about the Hurst Hemi Under Glass wheelstanders, checkout:

* Hemi Under Glass Original Footage
    * The Hemi Under Glass & More (Blog)
    * The Hemi Under Glass & More (thread)
    * Hemi Under Glass......
    * Hemi Under Glass
    * Favorite Wheelstanders??? (more pics of Hemi Under Glass)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  10. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I remember a few of these from US30 in Indiana. I have pictures somewhere from about 74 or 75 with me standing next to them. (I was 3 or 4 at the time.) I think my fav was "Maxi Taxi" but i think it was later in the 70's and 80's.

11. Growing up near Fremont drag strip was cool, as a kid me and my friends went all the time. 1970 I was 12 and I helped bill unstrap and unload the little red wagon.I got to touch it! for me at that time it was the highlight of my life.Also became the coffee gopher. It was a great day.Chuck pooles chuckwagon was there, it had a VW utility body. It was cool also,but the little red wagon was awesome. Pete.

12. ron0257

ron0257

WOW, great thread. Sorry I missed it the first time around.

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

14. camchuck

camchuck

Hey George i am going to meet up with the guy Roy Cox on Monday. He's the one that i got these rims from. What should i ask him about verifying these rims? Year or track or people he knew? Any idea's.
    I did not want to add anything to this post until i would meet him face to face. I am going to take a rim back down with me and take a pic with him with it .
    Charlie

15. George T G

George T G

Ask him what year they were on the truck. It started out with the factory wheels (white) I believe Roger Lindamode put the Thork Thrusts on because I was told they came off his car. That would cover the first few years. I forget what was next. If you send a pic to Maverick he could tell you. He is good with that stuff.
    GEORGE!!

16. camchuck

camchuck

Does he have a screen name here?

17. George T G

George T G

I don't think he is on here. Give him a call or E-mail him direct. His info should show up if you search LRW.
    GEORGE!!

18. camchuck

camchuck

Thank's
    Will see what i can find on Maverick. I am going to wait till i talk to Roy. It hasn;t happened yet. I have been waiting patiently. IMO if these are real, then they need to go with the truck. If not then i will probably put them on my truck next summer. There not perfect but what old used racing wheels are.

19. George T G

George T G

But which truck?:confused:

20. camchuck

camchuck

I thought the first and second truck where used to build the 3rd truck. I thought you had the 3rd truck?

21. George T G

George T G

That's how it went. Then there was #4 the one he retires with.

22. camchuck

camchuck

Will wait to see if i can validate them. Then go from there.
    Will post here after meeting with Roy with what i find or if more info is needed

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  23. camchuck

camchuck

I was not able to visit with him. So i talked to him over the phone. He said he was called "Buddy" Cox and nobody called him by his real name Roy. He raced against Bill's LRW with his unsponcered LRW. He said he did not have the money that Bill had to race. He said Bill would no him. He raced around Ky. Ill. In. Oh. He had a 413 engine and 4 guys were on his team and they payed for any work themselves. Poured lead in bed for traction. Overtime he ended up in a 66 Nova and i believe a 67 chevelle and ended with a 69 Chevelle with a BBC. His cars were called the Blue Dipper. The wheels i have did not come off of Bill's Truck. He believes around 1966 be bought these wheels from Crager. Never seen another set like them. He used them on everything he raced cuz they fit on all his cars. They are unilug 4 1/2 to 4 3/4 with Mag center welded on steel rim. He is older and you have to listen carefully to what he says . Looking back he did have LRW but it was not the one everybody knows. It was the unsponcered one.
    Charlie

24. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

25. camchuck

camchuck