Register now to get rid of these ads!

abandoned with cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pcterm2, Sep 8, 2010.

1. pcterm2

pcterm2

just saw this abandoned dealership in ohio ,thought you might like to check it out,did a search couldnt find anything but if it has been on here sorry my bad
    http://jalopnik.com/5632032/

2. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

the old time dealers were tough old guys ...in a very tough business

3. pcterm2

pcterm2

yeah i started in the biz in 1970-they were rough and tumble bunch

4. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill
    from Alberta

"Two mighty Mopar classics"????? a 67 and 75 fury???. The outbuilding contains more "classics" such as "a Chevrolet LUV, a (Dodge) Warlock and Red Express,"?????? Uh...OK.

5. pcterm2

pcterm2

i think you need to ask ,what is the other cars in the out buildings besides those mentioned

6. The Fury is a '77 or '78 (rectangular headlamps give that away), and the fusey Fury is a '67 (no sidemarkers). I'd take either, as well as the Lil' Red Express or the Warlock. I'd love to see what else this old guy has stashed away.

7. junk fiend

junk fiend

its almost weird to not see graffiti on everything and all the windows not busted out

8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I'm betting a Mopar fan is renting storage space or has purchased the property.

Why is it that every time someone sees an old car in a shed or barn they think that the car is abandoned??

9. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

This collection of fine vintage automobilia has the rare and extremely sought after 1977 Ford Granada Four door, with the extremely low mileage of 131,896. Has also the Landau top in a Mustard color, auto is a heavenly tone of brown, has the rare chrome mud guards, may or may not have the revered transmission capable of the break neck speed of 73 MPH. For a limited time only this rare and prestigious auto is available with 3 of the 4 original hub caps from an AMC Pacer circa 1978. Also for a limited time and may not last the drivers side door is still amazingly, but not known for hold long attached to the automobile. Incredible.

10. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

HAHAHAHAHAHA that was great!

11. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

My grandma has one JUST LIKE IT except its a blue 2 door with a silver top, no mud guards no Pacer hub caps but hers goes 78 mph ! Other than that their identical!

12. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill
    from Alberta

I would think that if there was a '70 Challenger or a 57 Nomad in there, those would have been mentioned in the article. If they are going to mention a few, they typically mention the best of the lot. Like a movie trailer, often you watch the 2 minute commercial about a new comedy and you've often just seen the only funny parts of the whole film, ESPECIALLY if it's a Will Farrel film.

13. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill
    from Alberta

Or a "classic"?

14. VooDoo Child 56

VooDoo Child 56
    from Jersey

For '78 the best performing amercian "car" was not a car at all but the Dodge Lil' Red Express, better than Corvette, Camaro, or Trans Am

15. the-rodster

the-rodster

""Even my goddamn doctor says I look good, that son of a bitch."

:)

Rich

16. redtracker

redtracker

i just ready the article im on about 20 minutes from this place im thinkin this evening taking a ride and seeing what i come up with. does anyone have any ideas on an address

17. Because that's the only way they can justify their desire to steal them.

18. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

because its nowhere near a concrete jungle.:rolleyes:

19. RichG

RichG

Mine was a blue '78, no landau, just the base model car with an asthmatic 302... yet I managed to get it up on two wheels, Joey Chitwood style, more than once.:D The damn thing had those hubcaps with the reflectors that rattled, the classic Ford leaking steering pump (complete with whining squeal), blue vinyl interior that stunk like burning cats, carpet that smelled like it came off the Titanic... all this on a car that was barely six years old!

20. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Duuude, the burning cats smell was an extremely rare factory option, this was only available for a limited time. Also available was the much sought after rigor mortise squirrel feature available as a radiator option or under the back seat option. As a special 1979 only option one could get Mexican cock roaches in your choice of size and color, this came with the plaid trunk liner from Tiajuana only. If you are truly interested in this vintage original condition auto mobile you should act fast because this is one vehicle that is literally disappearing quickly. You may only have 30, no wait it's raining and windy make that 26 days left.

21. solid

solid

22. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

don't get shot ! I think its a sting, ya know "BAIT CAR"