Register now to get rid of these ads!

3rd Annual Milwaukee Hound and Hare Run September

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by acRocker, Jul 21, 2010.

1. acRocker

acRocker

I'm working on getting this together now that our fearless leader is out of state. I'd be grateful to know if any of these September Sundays 5th or 12th conflict with an existing event. I definitely don't want to blindly set a date and then find out everyone is headed somewhere else. Personally, I like the idea of the beginning of the month. I think I may have a family thing or two happening the last two Sundays.

I had a great time last year and hope to top it;) I mean want to keep it going:)

Cheers,
    acRocker

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. Bttt.......

I wanna win again!

Joe.....Joe....where ya at?

3. acRocker

acRocker

If I wasn't running it you probably wouldn't have a chance to win. By a technicality you won. I'm still pisssssst about it. I had that run. I had it. But I won't hate on you if you kill it this year!

School me what is bttt?

4. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Bttt means bumping a thread up to the top.

5. Back To The Top.

No worries....i might not have my co-pilot this year...but might have the new ride rolling...

Last time i talked to Joe...hunnert heads up....he was talking about coming back up and doing it again.

Where's little Nick?

Lets get this rollin. I'm sure i can get a good group of the Hoodlems car club up for it....gotta clean there clocks too, cuz i'm the big wininer!

6. acRocker

acRocker

He prob won't be in town, but in the future may be able to pop in if he has enough advance notice.

I've been thinking route almost nonstop since Sunday. It's fun.

What are your thoughts on the Sep dates?

7. haha...can't beat ya if your running the show...

8. acRocker

acRocker

I will give you a bag of coal if you keep that up!

9. hmmmm charcoal for the grill? that might work

10. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Cornroast in Fond du Lac the weekend of the 5th, but Sunday winds down pretty quick. I'm sure some of the Fondy guys would be up for a cruise down that way in the afternoon.

11. acRocker

acRocker

Good impute thanks

12. BTTT......

anyone?

poop noodles?

Henry Ford?

Cow Pie?

13. acRocker

acRocker

Ok September 12th it is. I have the Flyer almost finished and will post that soon.

I am also looking to do a food round up. Maybe in a couple of ways: food bank and pot luck. I think the first is the easiest. Say for every three nonperishable items you get a free beverage. Charity is good my friends. The pot luck thing is all on whether you guys wanna do that, if so I'll find a finish line that will accommodating. If not I'd like to end at a place that has food that way the option is open.

Did I mention I'm already having fun! If not I am. I can't wait!!!

14. get the fliers done.....
    more time to pass them out the better.

what about ending like the first one? order some food, keep it simple?

I'll talk to little nick tonight see if he has any input

15. acRocker

acRocker

Ah well I wasn't at the first one and that is kinda what I was thinking I just needed some imput. I think that's great! And simple! I didn't know you guys got food when you were at Burnhearts. The few pics posted I don't recall seeing food.

Too convenient that JoeBuick's wedding was the day before the last run!)

16. acRocker

acRocker

I don't know what's going on here. I'm trying to get the flyer posted, but the upload isnt' happening.:confused::(
    It's cool tho. I swear. I'll keep trying.

17. acRocker

acRocker

Boom. Here you go. Giddy Up!

Attached Files:

18. acRocker

acRocker

I got flyers in my paws last night. Getting em out is now on the to do list.

19. Jaker

Jaker

this is a great time!

20. acRocker

acRocker

Will you be able to make it?

21. acRocker

acRocker

Dudeskis where should I go and mingle with car folks- in person? I got this bike thing down like no other. I'm lame and all I can think of is Mon at Hardees, and Tue at McD and HD. Alright I guess to get a little heat off of my lamedom maybe it's the lack of hot spots. So anything else that is not far from the '07? Anything further that you'll be heading to here are your instructions: print flyer out, get dresses, pin the flyer to your shirt (cuz I don't want blood on the flyer) and rock it like kindergarden!

22. acRocker

acRocker

It's been really cool to hear-Oh I've heard bout this... from people that I've approach about this event.

Great work People!

13 more days......

23. acRocker

acRocker

Drinks are in the bag- hope your Non-perishables are, too!

4 More Days...

24. acRocker

acRocker

I'm so excited! Just. One. More. Day. Forecast is looking amazing. I only have one more thing to do before the festivities and then it's easy street. Can't wait to see you all.

25. littlechris

littlechris
    from MILWAUKEE

Results: Dan and Alex on Motorcycles at about an hour and a half. It was a good and confusing coarse not everyone could navigate. I had to stop for gas, lost my air filter and radiator cap (sorry Titus), my fan belt loosened up, and my clutch is started to go. Even with two navigators we embarassingly drove past the finish 20 minutes before anyone else. 3 passes later we finally figured out where to finish... thanks ac rocker for putting this on. im looking forward to the next one.

26. acRocker

acRocker

Super Happy to hear your report. I can relate to many near misses of the final maker. Last yr I drove past it at least 2/3 times. More officially moto finish time was 1hr 19min and car finish time was 1hr 32min. The look on Alex's face when he got off his bike was amazing. It was a domino effect with Dan and his girlfriend. Smiles and "That was awesome...." I love how Brian thought he'd be a smarty pants and head to Classic Slice cuz I said I work there only to find an empty lot. Ha! Glad that a few No Club and real no clubbers got on the road for this little ditty. The Hounds And Hare Run is really something special. :)

27. redbeard

redbeard

I have heard of these Hound and Hare runs before.

But to be honest I do not know what it is.

Can you explain it to me? I would appreciate it.

I am glad to here about others getting out there and driving their shit.

Thanks

28. littlechris

littlechris
    from MILWAUKEE

Everyone started from one location and the finished at another undisclosed location. The coarse was marked at each intersection that a turn had to be made at. If you didn't run into another marker after about a mile or less, you made a wrong turn..

It could be set up in an alley cat format as well/

29. acRocker

acRocker

Pretty concise explanation that works for me.

alley cat format- heh?

30. You won the best destruction classd! Seems like I won all the loot!
    Sent from my LM-V405 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app