Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show us your outdoor paint-jobs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Marshall Metal Shaping, Sep 7, 2010.

1. July 30th sees the brothers 49er get a low gloss black paint job under the maple tree...it's all about having fun !

Attached Files:

2. mattlowe

mattlowe

looks good, shade tree painting at its best!:)

3. Fenders

Fenders

About 40 years ago I gave my brother my 52 Chevy sedan, he wanted it painted another color, we did it using an electric buzzer sprayer in his driveway one evening, not a bad job just a few mosquitos on the paint..... sorry no photos....

4. Special Ed

Special Ed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010

5. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Here is mine. I decided I was more of a stock guy. Horizon Blue and Indian Ivory.

Attached Files:

6. Tcoupe

Tcoupe

Did this in my driveway, the neighbors were excited to see it!!! Primer, two different color base coats and 3 coats of clear. All done outside with minimal bugs/junk.

Attached Files:

7. Here's a pic with the car put together.

Attached Files:

8. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

Years ago a buddy of mine painted his car in his driveway under a surplus parachute. It worked great.

9. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

nice job tcoupe and marshall..thats what I had in mind but it didnt come out as good..its almost all together in the last pic..its getting painted again in a couple years, but in a shop..theres too much dust around here...and flies..damn horses..

Attached Files:

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I could be doing this..im still shopping for prices.
    but when your budget is tight, and the fun isnt in the finish its in the car itself..this is a sound decision..
    looks nice

11. 231ramona

231ramona

I painted this one in the driveway. It had a little dust but a good color sanding and buffing took care of that.

Attached Files:

12. duste01

duste01

my neighbor is trying to sell his house, I am trying to keep a low profile right now.

13. Area56

Area56
    from Oklahoma

I don't have any HAMB related cars to show pictures of, but the one's I've painted outside have had less debris in the paint than one I had 'professionally' painted. I'd swear they had a 'dust injector' in the airline.

14. From that... to this, as of a couple of weeks ago.
    Ended up painting the trunk lid area by worklights-lost mother nature's light sooner than expected-suprisingly only a few kamikaze's in the finished product. :eek:
    (still a work in progress... that I unfortunately have to sell now, by the way. See car classifieds under 1939 desoto)

Attached Files:

15. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Heres my job, done a couple weeks ago.

Attached Files:

16. hemi

hemi

You can paint just about wherever you want as long as you are handy with some sandpaper and a buffer.

I've painted a couple of cars outside with single stage, and as stated, had less trash than the booth we had at the dealership on a few. The sunlight on a warm day really helps the paint layout, too.

This one laid out awesome, and had very little trash, and got beat to crap the first heat race. It was cool:

[​IMG]

Did the white portion of my roof outside:

[​IMG]

This was basically a scuff and shoot and it had about five other repaints.. he didn't want me to strip it down, he just wanted it orange.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  17. gatordave

gatordave

My '56 was painted in the late '80s in a driveway in Salinas, by Cesar Tamondong, who did great work. It's done in good old PPG Deltron single stage.

Attached Files:

18. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Great job ya'll! I'm going even a little more shade tree, though. Since I'm putting the major body work off until next year, I'm going around and doing mad bondo (I know, I know) and taping off areas and rattle canning them satin black as I go. It'll work for the next 9 months or so!

19. jchav62

jchav62

My brother and I(mostly him) :) painted my '62 in my buddies backyard in about 2002.... Hose down the ground and start early...

Attached Files: