Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Fenton SBC header outlet flanges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jmountainjr, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A bunch of us recently received Patrick's repoped Fenton SBC cast headers. So at some point we all need to fab up an exhaust system. It appears that a flat flange welded to the exhaust pipe was the standard solution to hook the header outlets up to the pipe. So it looks like a bunch of us will either need to buy or make four flanges each. I personally have not stumbled across a current source for them. If there is one that you know of, then please speak up. If not, I see there are several guys here on the HAMB that do laser cutting etc. I assume most guys will want to use 2" pipe, and that most will want steel but some may want stainless. So if there is no current source, perhaps we could get together to do a group production run from someone on here - kind of how the headers came together. Might work out to be cheaper than making your own (if you put a value on your time)? Just a thought.
    Thanks,

2. If someone sends me a pattern, I'll CAD draw them for the laser cutter, whoever that may be.

3. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the CAD offer Richard! Just thought I'd run this to the top to see if there is any traction for such a project.

4. AZRacer2000

AZRacer2000

Hey Fellas! Patrick said if you will CALL HIM, we will sell you ALL 4 flanges(with gaskets!) for 10 bucks plus a lil postage! Dad said he meant no offense by not including them with the headers! No need for a special project! Just pick up the phone please!520-836-1117 8am -4pm M-F (mountain standard time) same as Pacific Daylight if you dont know! Thanks guys,Phillip @ Patrick's!

5. Shit! I spent a Saturday making my own! Oh well.