Register now to get rid of these ads!

Steel 41 willys coupe VS steel 32 5 window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Thompson Speed Shop, Aug 16, 2010.

1. gasserkiwi

gasserkiwi

go for the willys.even if its going to take a while before you get to drive it, you can still sit in it, and it will be worth the wait when you do get to drive it. and regardless to how you build it, it will be yours!
    if you do have another car to drive, just owning it will be enough.
    it worked for me.

2. My mistake. It has been a while since I looked at the build pictures. Just the nose is glass. Very nice car.

3. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

anything else you can sell or cash in and have both cars. cash in your chips or 401 K and get the willys. you know you want that Willys more that stocks or bonds which are going to be worthless any way since China will own us by the time you are ready to retire. Fuck it !!! go for having both !!!!!

4. a1941willysnut

a1941willysnut

Willys no questions!

5. vettepilot69

vettepilot69

That willys is my Dads old car. I have always wondered where it went. Please contact me!
    [email protected]

6. JERDOG

JERDOG

your coupe is very cool and alot of time spent on tradition but common this days, the willys has real history its real hot rod stuff ... trade

7. c57heaven

c57heaven

Willys with history = no brainer.

Haul the willys with your 40 pickup. There's a neat old time photo op.

8. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Which ever one YOU like the best..

9. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Opinion! I'm lucky & have both! Just got back from Pleasanton & took Willys! Great time! Guys jaws dropped on Willys & believe me Tons & Tons of nice cars! They crawled under it over it & just tons of interest! If I had taken my 32 & its one cool car it would have just been another cool 32 with the other 3000 32's! A Willys is a Willys & a Gasser just stops them in their tracks! If no great sentimental value trade for the Willys you won't be sorry! Bill

Attached Files:

10. My thoughts are that there are not a lot of true 41 willys gassers with history out there but there are a lot of 5 windows. Any help is appreciated! Thanks you[/QUOTE]
    :confused: which one of my kids should I save,an impossible choice.Thing is you got a working rod against a bunch of work;do you enjoy the build?I love a gasser but a steel 5 window coupe;there's GOT to be history there :cool:

11. chevsled53

chevsled53
    from Australia

Take the willys

12. big bad john

big bad john

KEEP THE 32 Big Bad John....... Both are COOOOOOOL.:D

13. The Willys. I like your '32, but a Willys (especially that one, with the history), will win out everytime.

14. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Thats a rad 32,But I would trade it for the Willys.

15. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Now this, ladies and Gentlemen............ Is what you call a life or Death Decision!

I'm helpless for you......... I'd sell my house and get both! Hahaha!

HC.

16. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6 pages - made a decision?

17. Thompson Speed Shop

Thompson Speed Shop

Well, I am now the owner of an all steel 1941 x gasser. I want to thank all of you who gave there 2 cents on this tread; It was much appreciated and respected! I have been contacted by Jeff Mauro the son of Sonny Mauro builder/driver of the car in 62. It turns out that they both reside in the Northwest and had been looking for the car. The cool thing is they have documentation on the car: photos, posters, timing slips, trophies, and stories. I am looking forward to meeting the two of them and learning about the cars past. I am thinking I am going to restore it back to its glory; It's only time and money, which I have neither. will keep all of you posted and might contact some of you for advice etc.. I am looking for a 41-42 stock Willys complete chassis. Thank you

18. c57heaven

c57heaven

good for you. I think you made the right call.
    Hell, the experience of associating with previous people involved in the car will only add to the enrichment.

19. Steve 38

Steve 38

Awesome! Good for you.

20. thehardway

thehardway
    from Missouri

Dollar for dollar, You made a good deal!!...I have 3 32 five windows and would have traded anyone of them for the car.....But a 41 steel willys is one of my favs of all time, And I have been looking for years.......I would build it my way as my car and screw the history......All old cars have history..... As another member has already said, the car will never belong to you if you restore it to the way it was in the pics.......It sucks but you will soon find out What it is like to own another mans car......I have been there and it is not any fun....You seemed unsure about the trade, So that most likely means the willys is Not Your dream car....And most guys who get a project that there heart is not into End up never finsihing it.......If I were you I would think about offering the car to a high end collector who will throw money at it and have it restored to its racing glory.......And take that fat wad of cash and build your dream car for yourself.....

21. Toner283

Toner283

Good deal, Congats.

We need more pics of the Willy's.

22. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

You won't regret it. Good for you!!!!

23. badnews 31

badnews 31

good choice lets see pics :D:D:D

24. Jingles

Jingles

Call John Milner and ask him what to do.

25. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I have a softspot for Willys gassers.....good deal.

26. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Thats awsome ! Congrats on the Willys AND the contact with the past owner/builder.

27. henry29

henry29

So when can we see some more pics?

28. 56gasser

56gasser
    from lower al.

Congrats on the Willys!!

29. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

I think you made the right choice. Hard to turn down a Willys Gasser w/history, especially if you always wanted one.

30. Me?????????
    I've been down that road.
    You got a finished steel 5 window, very nice I'd add.
    The Willys needs 3(?) years of work, maybe more?
    Keep the '32 enjoy it and save your money for a finished car unless you got more years ahead of you than I've got left.
    Your 32 is a head turner the Willys is okay as far as projects go too. Do you enjoy the build more than the drive?
    I vote to keep what ya got.