Register now to get rid of these ads!

Holley Jets

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 58Darlene, Sep 7, 2010.

1. 58Darlene

58Darlene

Does anyone know where to find different jets for the Holley 1904 single barrels? Are they interchangeable with any other Holley carb? Anything helps!

2. 58Darlene

58Darlene

Bump for the night

3. merf

merf
    from new joisey

Yes the're the same, what sizes do you need?

4. 58Darlene

58Darlene

Im not really sure. I put in a bigger cam on my 223 and it seems to be starving for fuel at around 50mph. I have a 3 carb setup but im still putting together the carbs and wondered if bigger jets would help the single.

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

To do a quick and dirty test on your theory...hook up a piece of wire to work your choke, and slowly pull out the choke at the speed where you feel you are lean. If car is actually running lean, choking will crudely enrich it and you should feel some improvement to verify your theory.
    But...if this test suggest that you are lean, I would carefully go through the carb before changing jetting. Trouble is likely not the jetting, assuming it is correct stock size.

6. 58Darlene

58Darlene

I appreciate all the info! I was just not sure what the problem could be with the work that has been done to the engine. It just seems to stumble at 50 mph. I will try the choke method and go from there. hopefully have the three carb setup on the car soon.

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Don't go to triple until old number one is sorted out! That way lies madness...
    My advice would be to run each of your three carbs as a single before lining them all up.
    That way you know you have a workable starting point for development.