Register now to get rid of these ads!

61-64 impala's - still good looking or overdone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by full foot notch, Jan 15, 2010.

1. I'll second that!:D

2. **Warning** Not a HAMB friendly car.
    Ladies and gentlemen, the Godfather of '64 Impala Lowriders.....3 time Lowrider of the Year.....Loco '64 owned by Geoge Torrez of Salinas, CA.

I can't tell you how many f'n times i've spent underneath this thing waxing and cleaning it at the shows........and I'd do it all over again when it's time again.
    Paint by Rod Powell
    Front Tilt, turntable, and reverse trunk by my dad....Nick Martinez

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Brother, that thing is still looking clean. I love it.

4. 61 chevy

61 chevy

hell, i had too jump in, i love my 61, gave away a 62 when i was young, still pissed off over that,

5. Wicked50

Wicked50

I'd take a '61 convertible SS 64's are played out but the earlier years arent

6. Wicked50

Wicked50

When is Loco coming out I here on LiL that George is bring him back out but WHEN?????? I took pics of my lowrider bike with this car back day.

7. Finelinefab

Finelinefab
    from La salle

Heres a pic of my 62 byscane. just brought it home a few weeks ago !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Very cool!!!!! needs to go up in the back about 6 inches and then ANYTHING but flatblack!

9. senior fried

senior fried

These 2 are nice.

Attached Files:

1963hoopty likes this.
  10. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

11. clemdaddy

clemdaddy

still one of my favorite rides... of all the impalas, 61 is it for me.

Attached Files:

12. slammed

slammed

Me Avatar gent's. It's driven 'till the snow hit's the pavement. It's got the 5 spoke's (15's-14's) at the moment. Not played out.

13. Six4

Six4
    from Houston

Finished bagging my "Six4" last month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

ok, its a belair not an impala but basically the same...:D just switched over to stock steelie's and radials. what a great car! 327/300hp with a factory 4 spd. I have a very bad love/hate relationship with my car.....

Attached Files:

15. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

it's hard to mess up a 61-64 but I really dig the 'muscle' look on these cars...5-spokes, stockish stance...mean attitude!

16. if they are played out...give em to me..ill take them..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a Belair Spt Cpe (that's a bubbletop for you non chev guys). What a bag o shit. Fuckin played out wanna be Chevy. A FUCKIN CHEVY!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!??

Ok, now that I got that outta my system I really dig this car. I like the smaller trim on the sides, only 2 taillights, semi spartan interior, not too much outside bling. I have a vision for it. In fact I almost sold the car 2 months ago. I had a decent profit to be made and it would get me closer to one of my other 4 projects. The guy came back at me saying he'd pay me $2800 more if I'd do the body and paint for him. A hearty "GO FUCK YOURSELF!" was delivered back for the insult (I wouldn't put the color on it for that) and I decided not for sale at any price until it's done. Now I need to see this vision through. So try to picture it: Jubilee Blue with a stock interior + a few minor custom touches like different colored headliner trim, some of the W/S trim satin chrome similar to the impalas, a padded dash and grab bar, a factory looking tach (not the Sun version) and the seat set back an extra inch or so to sit lower and farther back (I'm a lanky bastid). On the outside, the color will be a variant of the Jubilee Blue to get just the right shade and a hint of pearl for a bit of flash under street lights at night, all the letters on the hood filled with lead after I make a pattern of where they go, custom front bumper and lower valance to eliminate the front plate, custom cut rear valance to accept 3-3 1/2" tailpipes, 62 rocker panel moldings because I like em and I think it'll lower the visual profile. The front will have 2" dropped spindles and the rear sags just right at the moment but I'll address that when it's "loaded" to get the right stance. The car will have a 350 under the hood (already have it) with 3 Rochesters and some rams horns or block huggers in white, a 700R4 and 3.37 gears for awesome freeway manners. The exhaust is going single...that's right, single. A 2 3/4 or 3" main pipe going to an OEM T/A or Camaro 1 in 2 out style muffler for the sound and for performance. I'll have to section the trunk pan up to pull this off but it'll be worth it for long distance cruising, mileage, sound, etc. Nothing worse than being in a car for a dozen hrs with the exhaust harmonics wearing you out. I want it all out back away from the inside. I have an amp, a pant load of speakers, and some other ideas for sounds and such. Chrome reverse wheels, OEM style, 8" out back and 7" up front, 15" with WWW radials and all the required stabilizer bars and gas shocks and alignment settings to take advantage of em. Already have disc brakes and a 605 box on it. Now I could big block and nose-high this car too and it'd be a perfect fit. But I've turned into a low n slow kind of guy lately. I just like the idea of something kool that becons to a time period I remember very well. While some things are certainly upgrades not used back then, none of it will be visible without closer inspection. The side job's gone and my garage is all Belair now. I'll start a build thread sonn, maybe next week. I got this car from one of our very own, scottyT. I'm sure he'd like to see me get it done as bad I want to see me get it done.

Played out huh? I guess...

18. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i cant believe the builder of loco has a son that posts here.. damn, what i wouldnt give to have been under that car with you polishin it up...

here is my current project... still in progress, but driving around.. lots more planned..and a pic of the pescos before i put em in... no pics at work of em installed except on my phone

Attached Files:

19. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

20. EL SOLDADO

EL SOLDADO

These are my buddies rides...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

22. Gman0046

Gman0046

How about a '62 Impala wagon?

Attached Files:

23. rlowrod

rlowrod
    from Corona Ca

There not played out,
    There like a pretty woman's dress, looks great when it's laying on the floor:D
    Here's mine

Attached Files:

24. slammed

slammed

Love this color. Is it a stock shade? Of course, the car be beachin'!

25. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

I still love them. My dad and I restored a '63 convertible for my mom (was 283/pg, now 350/TH2004R) from a $600 "field car", back in the early-mid 90s. One day it will get a 409, or at least a stroked 348 now that more new parts are available.

26. indyjps

indyjps

on 14's and hydraulics worries me. Not played out if theyre cleanly done, dont look like a rap videos ride, or have some crazy dragon mural or something.
    Lots of them out there like that and lots of them done to a high level of workmanship but its not for me.
    Ive got a '63.

27. krome

krome

I agree, best lowrider -back when they stilled looked like cars not fold out robots

28. krome

krome

Classic

29. 31fordV860

31fordV860

James ..agree drove a 62 SS in high school. I'm not partial to the impalas I see with the oversized bling wheels. Again they can be changed out...

The spinner covers I had on my 62 were nice. Wanted to put a 409 in that thing...oh well...

30. 1963hoopty

1963hoopty

I know this post is old but if they are still a dime a dozen i will take $20 worth!!!!