Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greaserama 2010- Kansas City

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tathataboy, Sep 6, 2010.

1. tathataboy

tathataboy
    from Olathe, KS

Went to it on Saturday 9/4 and had a h*lluva good time! Thought I'd post a few pic's to share some of what I liked. Many thanks to all the folks in Los Punk Rods, et al, for putting this wicked thing on. I heard there were about 900 vehicles there on Saturday. It's the schitt.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This yellow one IS NOT a car. It's a meat smoker. Firebox where the engine would be, multi-shelf lazy-susan for the meat, and where does the smoke come out? You guessed it- the exhaust.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wow! Nice pics!

3. switchkid0

switchkid0

You must have one helluva camera. I was there, but your photos look even better than real-life.

It was a nice time, I just hope i can have something worth showing by this time next year.

4. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

great pix!!!..great time!!

5. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Looks like a great time, some mean lookin` rides, and sweet lookin` babes.

6. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Sweet pics. I think I will make the drive next year. :)

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Your photos are awesome.

8. tathataboy

tathataboy
    from Olathe, KS

The sunlight was a beeyotch to fight for a number of the pics; I tweaked pics 1, 7, 9, and the last one to compensate for some glint and bleaching (intensity and brightness, and the "sharpen" filter). However, nothing so out-of-control that it makes it "fake." The fun colors and the cars were all there.

The camera is a used Pentax ist dl I got off eBay, about 6 years old or so, 6.1 mp (but not using the RAW mode), with a 200mm lens on it. The rig is nothin' special, but I've been really really happy with the results. However, thanks for the comments!

It's these folks and their awesome rides that make the pics. I had so many fun conversations with folks- from the old guy that uses old trophy toppers (bowling trophies, tennis, etc) for hood ornaments (brilliant!), to really intense wrenchers who spoke a language I couldn't begin to understand- except it all meant FAST and TOUGH. People were friendly, the music was a riot (punk surf band from New Zealand?? REALLY??? Awesome!), and the fashion statements by so many of the ladies really made for a stand-out experience.

I didn't stay for the grindhouse double-feature (or was it triple-feature this year?) on the screen. I'd walked my legs off.

I'll be back next year, to be sure. Would love to see the HAMB represent. :)

9. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Great pics thanks!!

Punk Rod COS

10. sinks88

sinks88

Noice! and Im sure you know which one I mean!

11. thendrix

thendrix

Looks like a good time. That VW is pretty cool. I take it, according to the chick in the black and blue dress, the folks weren't very shy either

12. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

very nice!! any more pics??

13. I concur.

14. sololobo

sololobo

KIller shots, I love this event but the Ranch Wagon was punked so I couldn't attend. First miss in 5 years, but I won't miss next year!! Thanx for the shots to take me there via your lens. Mucho Appreciato!! ~Sololobo~

15. tathataboy

tathataboy
    from Olathe, KS

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  16. tathataboy

tathataboy
    from Olathe, KS

Huh. You shouldn't have to have a username- just a password.

17. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Need both not working for me either???

18. tathataboy

tathataboy
    from Olathe, KS

19. tathataboy

tathataboy
    from Olathe, KS

Funny thing about her: when I saw her back there talking with friends- and I know, this sounds corny- the first thing I noticed was the smile. Very warm, very open. Loved the hair, the eyes, even the tats (don't really care for nose-thingies like that, but the rest of her look made up for it).

She seems- through the lens- like the kind of lady it would be fun to have a beer and a conversation with. Now, maintaining eye contact while you chatted might not always be easy...but that's in the bonus column. Don't know her from adam, but her smile is really nice.

20. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

Nice tit hanging out

21. LULL

LULL

22. Philbilly

Philbilly

Great pics! I'm going to have try to make this show. It always look like a good turn out.