Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

47Plym...yes,of course we do have salvage/junkyard yards,and many of em...especially in the crowded areas or cities...as far i know there are aprox 60 salvage yards in DF (Mexico City) alone....

There are normal ones where you can more/less go in and federal ones wich is strictly forbidden to even stay around the fence and look thru...

I remember time ago being in DF and tryin to look for cars in government yards...payed a cheap bribe to the cops to go in and jump around cars to check out somethin interesting..that day i ended up findin 3 60 Impalas convertibles...i could'nt save anything out of the three...even the roof mechaniasm were smashed or totalled...sad day.

Down south on the places you're mentioning there is not much as far i know...empty areas with not much traffic in the older days.

I know for sure for example that there are still Panamericana original cars hidden close to where the race used to pass thru....

its kinda hard to say where to find stuff really cause there is stuff hidden where i would never imagined its there...it happens to me all the time too.

What i can say??Good networking is mandatory to get the stuff..and some good luck too....

2. The Hearse is bitchin....

3. Thanks for the reply........I was just wondering.
    Keep up the good work and keep those reports coming.....I enjoy
    seeing what you find.

4. sled

sled

Another story i remember from DF...a guy told me that his 34 Ford 5w coupe was towed away from the public streets since almost 2 years..i met him at that time.
    He said just pay me some parts i have layin around and you can get the car for free cause i will never be able to pay the fees from the municipal car corral...at that time (2 years ago) it was 37 pesos a day (3USD)..quite some dough!
    So the total was already 1500 bucks or so...i said ,fine.
    Got the parts and the adress of the car corral,went there and the cops told me that was at the very end and buried under 3 more cars...they let me in,been diving under 3 cars and yeah,the 34 coupe was there and still surprizingly intact despite the cars above...a solid cars too.
    So i made my plans to come back soon and for some reasons i could'nt .. after couple months i went there and when at the door i almost fainted...place was empty!! 1 week before they crushed the whole place out....another sad day!!I still got the parts....

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  5. sled

sled

Welcome anytime,glad you guys like the stories...i seriously think that nowadays there are very few countries where stuff is still around to be found...of course the US, Mexico ,Argentina, Colombia,Venezuela...others could be but number of stuff will be dramatically reduced i feel...i stick around here while i can ,no doubt:D

6. sled

sled

Im out there scarfin currently so good surprises should be added sooooon;):eek:

7. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Well,trying to keep up with everything but i simply can't...many cool finds recently and great fun moving around gettin new stuff...
    Some bikes here...Harleys and Indians,always loved em.Down here in Mexico they were around in huge numbers,also the Highway patrol always used em since the 30's or even before...nowadays are being replaced with modern BMWs and jap stuff....
    Just met a collector recently that loves to restore and use em regularly....he has also knucks,pans,big flatties and so on...this is just a small amount of whats there.I have no pics of the other stuff cause it was stored in another place...will be back soon anyway...

Attached Files:

8. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Here some more ...guy told me he owns a 42 FL Knuck wich interests me a lot...and some UL flatties...love em!So stay tuned,more pics comin soon from this stash...guy likes to restore em all originals.

Attached Files:

9. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Some daily discoverings in the DF streets...being a huge 30 million and counting city it happens all the time to see stuff around sittin there...a bit of everything.Actually i always keep my sight on any door open for some reason,cause it happened many times to see somethin hidden inside that if its not for a small smace open i could'nt recognize anything from outside,no way...
    <table style="table-layout: fixed;" height="100%" width="100%" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="bottom" width="140" align="left">
    </td><td style="overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap;" valign="top"><table style="white-space: normal;" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td height="30">
    </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Attached Files:

10. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Some more random stuff around DF....i believe there is a lot of hidden stuff still there

Attached Files:

11. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Somebody told me there is an old jalopy sittin there so i took my time and off i went...Could'nt jump thru there and all i could do is takin some quick shots from outside...looks to be a 33/34 Chevy coupe...too bad its not a Ford but hey,roll of the dices ,ya know...Tomorrow will be a better day

Attached Files:

12. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Why don't I have money and time?

13. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

You mean like all the rest of us? :D

14. sled

sled

Money is all relative i feel...sure,sometimes it helps a lot...but sometimes i feel quite lucky to be able to touch and deal all this stuff and most of the times i feel satisfied being able
    just to work on this cool iron...not necessarily owning many toys makes me more happy,i know that...who knows for others?

15. thadeal4real

thadeal4real
    from FRESNO, CA

16. sled

sled

Got more....waaaaay more....

17. Magnus B

Magnus B

More from Sled:
    Well,it has been a while but its a busy summer for me,no rest at all...the junk is calling and i've been quite lucky recently so i never had the time to update anything altought i have tons of new stuff...here we go,just an appetizer fellas
    What about a cool solid 51 Merc coupe...sittin for long time but luckily in very good shape...imported from the US many years ago from a local army guy,wich used for many years and then lost interest on it...a great candidate for a cool custom here....
    More stuff to come as soon i can find some spare time,stay tuned...

Attached Files:

18. sled

sled

Thanks buddy...one of these days will try to find some serious time and post a ton of pix...seems that i cant keep up,way too many finds...perfect job??almost...

19. imnezrider

imnezrider

Man, you've got more huevos than I do. I advise you to grab wht you can and high tail it out there. You never know when you might be caught in a crossfire!! (and that's no joke). I just read where Mexicana Airlines is about to go down the tubes due to the lack of US tourists. Also, as an example, merchants in Cuidad Acuna (Del Rio) are beginning to feel the pain also. Good luck, brother.......

20. sled

sled

Imnezrider,well...as you imagine i do live this violence vibe practically every day and from here inside is not bad as it looks from above altought i feel there are some convenient political reasons on all the current narcos,zetas violence and drug wars especially on borders area...so,we apply out own tricks to manage normal life...and it works altought i hear all the stories all over the places...
    But again,this is temporary and created for somebody to take a huge profit on this situation..i dont want to get in political shit here obviously...but hey,as for me i do travel a lot but of course im careful watching my ass and avoiding some hot areas...i never had a single problem myself but ya know,shit happens anytime...havin great fun anyway...the donkey show will go on ,ah,ah,ah

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  21. sled

sled

As a paradox i never found so much hidden stuff like these last couple months..and good stuff almost very often...
    So my conclusion is that in the streets there is not much to see but there is still a lot hidden in garages and werehouses...and of course you have to have some huevos to dig all the shit out in the barrios,but to me is where the fun is..stay tuned fellas

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  22. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Finally back home after a good part of this summer out scarfin out stuff...need couple mimutes rest.I had the itch to update the thread may times but i never had some free time to relax and puttin tons of pics togheter ...but here we go again.I'll try to get the ball rolling this time...
    Ok,been down to Cuernavaca (40m south of DF) time ago with a pal o mine and he mentioned a 40s Caddy sedanette in quite solid conds..finally we went there and it turned to be this cool 41 series 61.Lovely art deco details..41 Caddys are top class cars,beautiful in every way and finally the guy's restoring this one is doing a pretty decent job...luckily!

Attached Files:

23. Magnus B

Magnus B

More from Sled:
    Well,after almost 2 years finally i had the chance the see a private collection that i knew it had some good stuff ranging from early 1900 til the 70s but i had not an exact idea of what could be inside there...
    Well,this 40 Buick Limited Century convertible sedan was there...1 of 194 made.Not bad at all,unexpected really...not my style but an unusual car indeed.

Attached Files:

24. Magnus B

Magnus B

Even more from Sled:
    Funny enuff ,one day i get in touch with one of my scouts ...he's a cab driver and going all over DF has the chance to see cars and stuff hidden away so reguraly we call each other to update the finds,ya know how it works..talk of the town is the key!
    So,he's tellin me about a guy that has couple of 65 Impalas ,all SS cars in a certain area in DF aka Mexico City...we're drivin there and suddenly i knew that we were going to meet an old friend o mine,wich was happy to see me again...another car nut ,ya know!
    Yeah,he still has the Impalas wich i'll show ya later but also i was happy to see again my ex 54 Merc Sun Valley still in the same conds as i sold it 3 years ago...i know 3 of em in Mexico so far.My pal has no indoor space to keep em all inside...when too many are too many?

Attached Files:

25. Magnus B

Magnus B

From Sled:
    Here some of the 65 Impalas SS that my pal owns..he has another nice 65 convertible just in the close by building too,that has never seen the streets for quite some years...plus more stuff in another garage..Was cool to meet each other again...

Attached Files:

26. Magnus B

Magnus B

European junk in mexico, by Sled:
    Since im a big fan of art deco here some cute stuff...an european Tatra and a late 50s Morris sedan delivery,cool small thing...i never seen another one before of these commercial Morris here in Mexico...I know a guy in the Netherlands close to Amsterdam that has a good number of Tatras,probably 20 of em (or more) in one werehouse as far i remember couple of years ago....Czech made cars indeed.The 30s in the automotive industry were top products in any way...speed ,performance and style,my favorite era.

Attached Files:

27. Magnus B

Magnus B

More from Sled:
    Well,i traded another car for this 40 coupe recently and i made it running quickly...runs fine but since i know some more of these coupes i just sold it to a good pal of mine in Sweden,also into cars.This will be put in a container soon and sent over with another 47 Caddy ragtop..
    I do prefer to work to 3 window cars personally altought i feel the 40 Fords are much as beautiful..great body lines,almost impossible to improve it. Anyway,another one saved,no doubt.

Attached Files:

28. Magnus B

Magnus B

More from Sled:
    Mercury time...always lookin for these 49/51 Mercs and once in a while they pop up such this 50 coupe...looks quite nice on the pics but after a close inspection it has bondo and many details poorly adapted,so i did'nt liked much...great stance anyway.Fender skirts help to show it low...and it is low,cause scratches speed bumps all over..topes sucks!

Attached Files:

29. sled

sled

Magnus B,tack so mukke as usual to post my junk on here,very much appreciate it.
    Matter of fact just been back from 3 hours away trip where finally i could manage to take pics of a 32 Ford,that was the 3rd time that i've been there,ufff...it was raining and im just home wet but it was worth it....What type 32 ,you might ask???Wait and see.....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  30. hershambob

hershambob