Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown Drags one month out!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, Sep 2, 2010.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

We're one month out to the Jalopy Showdown Drags at Beaver Springs Dragway...who's gonna make it out and what are you bringing? Bob makes everything real easy for me to have this show, great layout, great crew, easy tech, tons of room. It's Oct. 2nd, the weekend before Hershey. Hope to see you there http://jalopyshowdown.com

[​IMG]

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I want to come so so bad. I'll really depend how far I am with my '35 to set in stone whether I can go. If I am no where near done I'm coming. If I am close to done I am coming.....but if I am on the fence whether or not I'll be done by Hallowween, I'll have to pass and spend the weekend working on it.

I'd love to see what's going to be there though!!!

3. Verminator

Verminator

We'll be there !!! THIS is one of our favorite shows -- always a great time. The VERMINATOR will be getting it's usual romping and the punishing of the slicks !!! We'll be pulling the trailer with the 55 Ford Panel too. Kim and I can't wait for this one.

If you've never been to this show, do whatever ya gotta do to make it this year --Drags, an awesome collection of cars, camping, vendors with kool stuff, and probably the BEST scenery of any dragstrip ever .....and it's NOT going to rain on friday night. Get away from the keyboard and get wrenchin' --ya got a whole month to build something !!!! Larry, thanks in advance. Seee ya there, Pat/Vermin & KimBarleykorn

4. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Sherri and I will be there. Last year was KILLER. Be there. Slim

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

See ya soon, folks!

6. scarylarry

scarylarry

Some photos from last year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. I will be there, anybody bringin rubber bands?

Attached Files:

8. We will be there Vending and should have '61 Impala (Gorilla Milk) ready to race! If it works out, we will have a few very cool vintage parts this year. So, bring your wallet.

Items of interest:

Fiberglass '48 Anglia Body (1st stage funnycar)

Magnesium Halibrands

Hilborn Injectors(2-port and SBC 8 stack)

Multicarb Intakes

Slicks

and traditional parts!

9. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

I'll be there racing with the East Coast Gassers. Best event of the year for me.

Attached Files:

10. Spike!

Spike!

Can't wait Larry!!! It seems like forever between May and October!! Two of the best shows on the East Coast!! A show where you actually DO something if you want to!! And all the extra activities are fun as well.. flashlight bike drags...rubber band fights... hot dog races... ass rockets.. I love this show and this track. Never change a thing Beaver Bob!!

Spike

11. My old man will be there with the LITTLE HONKER.... Im tryin to make it as well...gotta keep em in check...

TH

12. scarylarry

scarylarry

Don, you dragging Littleman out again? Eastcoast57, YOU are in charge of keeping him straight??? We're in trouble! :)

13. pontiacfarmer

pontiacfarmer
    from sweden

We're one month out to the Jalopy Showdown Drags at Beaver Springs Dragway...
    who's gonna make it out (Im coming from sweden )
    and what are you bringing? (Kia sedona rentcar) LOL
    was a good show last year so its marked in the trip calender

s

14. ALWAYS a good time.

15. Lookin like his motor might finally be coming together, so it is possible. I may have to buy his place of employment so he can get the time off from work tho. hehehe...

16. Shit, I won't complain about the drive anymore!!!!

(never really did, but damn, sweden is far)

17. Might have to fire up big blue and make this show

18. Wow all the way from sweden and he wants to race a kia hahaahahaha

19. pontiacfarmer

pontiacfarmer
    from sweden

haha..well....if its would have been closer ive could race a 58 or 59 buick....or
    but..thats only if its closer to sweden

regards stig

20. 51box

51box
    from MA

Is it 1/8th mile? And do they let old style cages run? If I'm no working I'm definitely going to come down from Ma.

21. stevens2@htva.net

[email protected]
    from 14883

Hey Larry, is there still camping on Friday nite? I'll be there, first to Carlisle, wed and thursday, then up to Beaver springs Don't get any better than that!

22. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

I'll be there for sure. Cannot wait.

23. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Yep, driving the 55 up again so I can say I did the track at both of your shows. Just have to make sure I can drive it back home..........

Hope the weather let's us party Friday night. Thanks again for the great events!

24. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

Look for some of the REDLINERS CC Members from Western PA. A great time either racing or spectating.

25. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

26. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I think we're almost ready!;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. tgabbe1934

tgabbe1934
    from smithtown

We will be there, we missed latimore this year, and I am still pissed about it! See ya there

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Man I'd love to the see the torpedo tear it up!

29. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Can't wait to see/hear it make a pass! Matt's got his metalflake helmet shined up too!;)

30. scarylarry

scarylarry

51box, it is 1/8 mile unless your car can pass a real tech for 1/4 mile pass. The cage will be O.K. 1/8 mile will take a catch can, no giant leaks from the engine or trans, seat belt, and helmet/jacket/long sleeves for open car.
    Camping Friday is fine. I think Bob gets 10 bucks to camp, you can also run with his usual Friday night crowd if you want to run. Saturday camping is included if you want to stay until Sunday. I'm going to try to get with Bob this week to make sure there are no surprises...shouldn't be, he's been great to work with.