Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Found this old race car #65 in salvage yard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cru_zn_29, Sep 4, 2010.

1. cru_zn_29

cru_zn_29

:)Iam trying to find more info about this car #65 The model T engine was converted to overhead valves has remote water pump has oil pump dist mounted to timming cover. The cyl head is missing. I have no idea when it was raced i think it came from Calif. If you have any info it would be very helpfull Thanks Kenny

Attached Files:

2. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Looks cool did you buy it?

3. studematt

studematt

That must be some salvage yard.

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

5. Just Jones

Just Jones

Somehow I get the feeling there is more to the story.

Kind of like the guy guy who is posting on the HAMB about his barn find '47 ford convertible - that he put in the barn thirty years earlier or some crap like that.

6. Moondog13

Moondog13

I agree with Speedyjones, are you pulling our leg?!?!? I wish I just stumbled upon that! :eek: :D

7. cru_zn_29

cru_zn_29

Nope I not pulling any legs. A friend ownes the yard called me told me he had towed 2 cars from a house that owner was cleaning up his dads yard who passed away. The outher vehicle was glass body dune buggie. This was in 1999. I did some horse trading with him for it .He said the son kept the head because his dad had made it.I am hoping somebody would will reconize the car so i could maybe locate missing parts.

8. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

9. ScottV

ScottV

Kinda has a hill climber vibe going on

10. Moondog13

Moondog13

Wow, sorry then, in which case I wish I could be more help. That is one awesome car! Hope someone knows something! Bump! :D

11. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I'd second the hillclimb purpose for this car. the engine and trans is model T set up for an OHV head. It is very possible his dad did build the head. Do you have a name? If you know who owned it and when, try checking with the local model A and Model T clubs for Hill climb results.

12. cru_zn_29

cru_zn_29

Thats my problem i have no names to go by. Ill try the A&T clubs thats a good place to start.Thanks Kenny

13. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

See if you can find some Old Timers from the Long Beach Model T club. They might recognize it from their annual hill climb.

14. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

being socal, and looks like a hill climber, it probably ran at the hill climb LB. There was some big model T hill climb that was at that time. big competition. Try the MTFCA website, they might recall the car.

15. FLH

FLH

There were after market OHV heads that cost more than the car and they are rare as to find ,its well worth finding that guy and buying it.
    It might be slightly modified or maybe he did make it.
    The water pump and oil pump are after market too , the timer has bevel gears installed to run that and distributor. You can still find Vaporiser carbs too.
    Thats a damn good score but I reakon you need to hunt down that head pronto!

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd post that question and photos over on The Ford Barn site. Looks like a modern build with all the hardware holding things together. Do you plan to part it out or rebuild it?

17. Looks like MGA Knock offs and Radiator...

18. Just Jones

Just Jones

Cr Zn 29 - Best of luck to you

19. wish I found it!! good score though... keep us posted!!

20. cru_zn_29

cru_zn_29

I bought it at the LA roadster show. a few years ago. Havent had time to do anything with it. I want to finish my 40 delivery. Thanks Kenny

21. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

Anybody recognize the water pump?

22. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Go to Fordbarn Model A board and find Jim Brierly...he has the proper connections to track a California hill climber car, I think. FAST or something like that is the likely organization to start from, and he's in it.

23. '29jalopy

'29jalopy
    from H.B. Ca.

print up some pictures of that, get out to the meets, you gotta talk with these guys face to face, their not on the internet, mostly.
    today's hill climb in Devore would'a been a good place to ask.
    get to it, we wanna see that thing run.

24. I wish we had shit like that in the junkyards around here!
    My first car was a dead ringer for the '77 truck in the background, sans camper.
    [​IMG]

25. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

:cool:
    Son needs to know what he's got or it might get lost in a move, etc. At least get some pix so we can see what it was, etc.