Register now to get rid of these ads!

event this friday in pittsboro, nc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconsprint63, Sep 2, 2010.

1. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

just a heads-up for the nc crowd. there's a rumble/cruise/rockabilly event this friday evening in pittsboro from 6:30-???

I tried to grab the poster and drop it in here, but my computer crashed. featured band is the Straight 8's out of Hillsboro. Their website has all the details.

www.straight8s.com

looks like fun.

2. pauls fords

pauls fords

Cool I'll be there.......

3. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

bump for the friday crowd--its a bit out of the way for my weekend trip to asheville, but I'll be there in spirit.

4. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

gonna try to go.

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

went, saw, had a good time...

Murph tore up the skins...

6. murph

murph

Hey Falcon, thanks for starting this thread! I posted the show over in the NC HAMBers group and on the calendar, but didn't do it on the main board. I appreciate it!

Paul, a good friend of mine came with his son and one of his buddy's. He said you took the kids for a ride and they haven't stopped talking about it since last night. That's the kind of stuff that will keep the hotrod flame burning forever. Thanks for coming!

Zman, sorry we didn't get to hang out more, but hopefully you had a good time. The '57 is looking awesome... did a guy come up and talk to you about louvering a hood for him?

I said from the start that I'd be thrilled if we got a dozen cars... I think we got double that amount, which isn't bad for Labor Day weekend (so many people out of town). It always amazes me what cool cars will come out of the woodwork for a cruise night... that 60's Merc ragtop was the shit, and super-cool/friendly older couple driving it.

The wild part is that the majority of the people actually came to see the cars and hear the band... not just the people who drove cars there. The only part that sucks for me is that I live 2 miles from City Tap, so didn't get to enjoy that windows down, blasting through the night, post-gig buzz.

-murph

7. pauls fords

pauls fords

When a kid says he likes your car the best, well ya know ya have to give them a ride, glad they enjoyed it........

8. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

If I hadn't been headed to Asheville from Mt Airy for the weekend we'd have been too--couldn't talk the bosslady into the "sidetrip" with the 3 rugrats--destination maybe--sidetrip no.

hate that I missed it, but glad to help spread the word. Working to get the Straight 8s up to mount airy for our White Liquor and Dirt Tracks event on January 22. Look for more news to come once I pin down who's gonna be there.

9. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

I had a good time. Good to see you again zman. We need to get together more often. Murph you guys rocked as always. My offer of using the 50 pontiac straight 8 for a photo shoot if you need it will stand till I get rid of it.

10. murph

murph

Link to a photo album from the Rumble (hopefully this works). Be forewarned, I am a crappy photographer!!

Rumble Pics

-murph

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

12. murph

murph

Zman - thanks for the extra pics!

53 Delpala - was great to meet you and thanks for the photo offer.

Falcon - totally understood about the distance from mt. airy to PBO. your event sounds cool... and in january no less? hell yeah! mild winters are definitely one of the great things about living in nc. keep us posted!

-murph