Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Picture of Little Red Wagon & More

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 61morrisrat, Sep 3, 2010.

1. 61morrisrat

61morrisrat
    from ohio

I want to share with everyone about the best day any hot rodder could have.I have a friend that just turn 70. He is paralized from a stroke on his left side and confined to a wheel. He always told me of the days he race and car he had built.Well yesterday we finally found pictures of his cars,motorcycles,peddle cars and small scale cars he had built. Also some old drag pictures from National Trails. He said this is what they called it back then. He has own cars from Studebaker,Simca,Tall T,Packards and ect. The Henry J is the car he used to run. He says he has more pictures of gassers and the Little Red Wagon. The 57 Chevy picture is when he finish doing the chassis work. He told me the 57 chevy ran the low 13. He told it wasn't fast enough,so he turned it in his tow vehicle for his Henry J.I will post more pictures when we find them. I could on all day about the stories he told. I know every would rather see the pictures. So here they are.

red wagon.jpg

red wagon 2.jpg

gasser.jpg

gasser 2.jpg

gasser 3 jim.jpg

gasser 4 jim.jpg

jim 004.jpg

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell man, we want to hear the old racing stories too!! Though for starters this is damn good!!
    Way to go, shake his hand for me.

Doc.

PS, I have seen that J before?? Anyone??

3. big bad john

big bad john

Great thread....We want to hear the stories too. Post more if you can.:D

4. Reported spammer

5. barney rubble

barney rubble

reported

6. Want2GoFaster

Want2GoFaster

Man, I love the Little Red Wagon. I remember having a model of it when I was a kid. I remember setting toothpics under the chassis to make it look like it was "popping a wheelie" and I also would leave it flat and add pulled apart cotton balls to make it look like it was burning out.

Thanks for the pics & for bringing back good memories!

7. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

cool old photos , thank your friend for letting you share them , would have been neat to see some launch shots or action photos

8. realkustom51

realkustom51

I love old pics. Thanks.

9. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

...and Big Red Wagon!