Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowrider Magazine - From humble beginnings

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brootal, Dec 1, 2008.

1. chaco

chaco
    from Modesto,CA

Goozgaz wrote what I was thinking.

2. Moondog13

Moondog13

Hey guys, I asked this in the other lowrider thread and haven't received a response, but when did the 13" wheels become popular? I'm curious as I'm building a '63 Impala and am going for a '70s look. I've been researching all the great older magazines and it's difficult to distinguish the 14" from the 13". Thanks!

3. MODELA30

MODELA30

If i recall 70's lowrider were sporting 14x7 reverse supremes. But if you were a chingon in the hood you had a set of crager tru=spokes and yes 14x7 reverse. 13's if i recall were only after the tru=spokes or tru=rays which are a bitch to find and rare. But 13's i recall came in the late 70's early eighties. Hey are you looking for any og cast iron blocks that where used in the 70's if you do i have some. Lowriders hydraulics in san jose which closed there doors due to a rival hydraulic shop shooting the sons father, steve miller. Those guys were one of the biggest suppliers of hydraulic pumps in the 70's and all those are cast iron no aluminum. Knuck from indiana.

4. Moondog13

Moondog13

Thanks a million Knuck! I'll be sure to hit you up when I get to that part of the project. I had found a set of 13x7 reversed supremes and I wasn't sure if they'd be correct for a mid-late 70s build.