Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paso Robles...still riding the coat tails.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theloosecannon707, Sep 3, 2010.

1. <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ti0TUIMfx8...&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ti0TUIMfx8...xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti0TUIMfx8Y&feature=player_embedded

I call BS on this one!!!! Paso Robles City Hall is spinning so many blatant lies to cover their own butts, that it's not even funny. To anyone who ever attended the West Coast Kustoms show, watch this video. I'm guessing that it will also piss you off. For over 20 years "Paso" ruled! Everyone came to town, spent alot of money and had a great time. There were never any problems. The problems started to happen, when the city brought in cops from every other central coast city. It was NEVER with the car guys, it was always with the locals. So the powers that be, have given the green light for this Labor Day Weekend show, to try and rebate for shooting themselves, and all of the downtown business owners in the foot. The truly funny (or sad) thing, is that the TV commercials promoting this weekends show, feature clips from the banished KKoA show. Again, the problem with the Kustom show wasn't violence or rival groups of people, or even drinking, it was the "Old Guard" (Dick App, city planner) and the generation gap, that THEY couldn't understand... Now we are stuck with the same old car show that every other town puts on. Where every car looks the same. The feature car, is some super over-done abortion of a 32' Ford that Chip Foose built. There is not a year deadline, and the poster said that only finished cars are aloud. Sounds like it's going to be very bad indeed.

Also they require 'finished' cars only, which means any car without a completely new finished paintjob will be turned away at the gate. I was told even if i wanted to go, i couldnt bring my 34 chevy 409 car that is currently in sanded bare metal...

http://jackpotgarage.blogspot.com/

http://luckybdesign.blogspot.com/

2. OLLIN

OLLIN

hosted by the "golden chain car club" haha

3. People who attended and particiapted know how it was. As a young guy it was pretty impressive to meet and hang out with people like Winfield, Troy Ladd, Cole Foster, Jesse James, and alot of other note worthy car builders. These people were the ones that the city called 'undesirable' because they had tattoos, and drank beer instead of wine.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
  4. The Blurr

The Blurr

No way man it going to be B I T CH I N' I can bring my tri 5 chevy down that looks like everyone elses with my new Chip Foose wheels and drink my favorite cab and talk shit about all the "ethnic" groups that ruin the old show and quite frankly scared me. This way I will be with like small minded people and be safe in my hypocracy.

5. hahhhahahah What D-BAGS!! BTW the show that moved to Santa Maria is on Memorial Day Weekend not Labor Day

6. Julio

Julio
    from san diego

Problems with ht e "Mixed crowds" this sho looks disgusting now, Resto crap and mustangs, count me out

7. guys the cut off i believe for cars is 76.... um really? LLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

8. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Wouldnt it be cool if a couple of the gold chainer got drunk and out of control and they shut this one down to?

9. Rod and Wheeler

Rod and Wheeler
    from NOR CAL

If you believe that the guy running for mayor said that he going to bring back THE OLD CAR SHOW? is full of shit. The city is pissing up a tree. The merchants lost because of attitude of the mayor and the police towards West Coast Kustom. They are stupid asses to think that car people would support them.To all of you car people do not support the city of Paso. ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY AND THEN TELL GET YOU TO GET THE HELL OUT OF TOWN. Not a nice town to visit for car people. May the merchants rest in peace. Go to Santa Maria where you are weLcome by WCK

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  10. I saw a black helicopter today, better get out the old trusty aluminum foil hat.

11. Guy on a grassy knoll? The Umbrella Man? Lee Harvey?

12. The Blurr

The Blurr

You're crazy! They only come out at night and ditch that old tin foil you need the heavy duty foil to make a difference.

13. Would the First "Gold Chainer" into Paso please save me a prime spot to power park my Prowler.

14. The Blurr

The Blurr

You got it.. dude!

15. 21tat

21tat

May Paso R.I.P. It was good while it lasted.

16. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

wow...three years have passed, you have a new city, Santa Maria, that welcomes you....so why all the grumbling?
    I learned many years ago to only take my charming and vibrant personality, my joyous smile AND my wallet only to places where I are welcomed.
    Move on, folks....

17. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

thats my Buick in the picture behind the anchor man on the news cast.....way to use a car thats not welcome to your show to promote the new show.....

18. tinguy

tinguy

We have been to every Paso show since the beginning. Easy for us, we live here. We will personally not attend the show and do any business in the city this week-end. You have to understand that Paso is the typical corrupt small town run by a group of candy ass losers that have never produced anything in their lives but know what is best for ever one else. All this garbage about gangs, fights and alcohol problems is crap! If you are looking for drunks and alcohol problems come to their wine festivals in the park. The problem is that the powers to be are trying to make Paso into Napa!!! Our car show didn't fit the image. Santa Maria has worked out well for WCK. Carry On!!! tinguy&Patticake

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

unless you are posting old photos or talking specifically about the old show Paso Robles is dead as far as the HAMB is concerned. who cares what they do now?

20. Get a straw hat,Hawaiin shirt and go start a fight! hahaha! Make sure you have a belly full of wine first!

21. Moondog13

Moondog13

Hahahah! :D

22. E St Nene

E St Nene
    from Oxnard, CA

Paso blows, its just like tinguy said “Paso is the typical corrupt small town run by a group of candy ass losers” I’m glad that it moved down to Santa Maria where they know how to appreciate a good car show. :cool:

23. Finished, Insured classic cars... What the fuck was that? Damn.. We all must be a bunch of low life hoodlums. I think the most obvious change in the show will be... 200 boring ass cars..

That clip was an insult to all of us. Good family show? Seems to me.. When I was in Paso with my wife, kids and grandkids.. we were family. My grandkids were playing with other kids.. Other peoples family..

Narrow minded gold chain attitude.. I hope they enjoy the show. Assholes belong with assholes...

24. Moondog13

Moondog13

Don't forget "mixed crowds", what does that even mean???? :confused:

25. Those people suck...This would never happen at The Roundup.

26. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

The new show looks just like what the city wants. Older responsible people that will show up early, set up their chairs and "time out" dolls, and leave before the sun goes down.
    Because they are on a fixed income, they won't be spending any money. Good luck. Rows and rows of PT snoozers!!!! Sounds shitty to me.

27. surfcaliforniasurf

surfcaliforniasurf

funny I saw that on the news and here it is being talked about...

28. All of the car people that went to the "WEST COAST KUSTOMS" car show put "paso" on the map.
    Legends like Ed Roth, Larry Watson, Dick Dean,Neil Emery, Joe Bailon, Gene Winfield, Bill Hines, Frank DeRosa, and the list goes on and on.
    The local merchants welcomed us with open arms and didn't want us to leave. It was the new city council members that pushed us out. And it was the locals that caused the problems. Not US.

29. What really sucked, is that the merchants never had a chance to fight to keep the show. The Politicians basically closed the door on WCK without alerting those merchants. By the time the bad news got to those merchants it was too late. Anyway long live Santa Maria. They truly appreciate our presence;). And we appreciate their hospitality

30. OK, just watched the video. I have a couple observations/comments.
    1-I saw about a dozen cars at the new show, but LOTS of grass......AWESOME
    2-How do I remove puke from my keyboard?