Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why would you want to "show" a newer car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrayne

rrayne

For all those who say stay the fuck home. SHUT THE FUCK UP.
    If he doesnt like what he sees he has the right to say something about it
    If some faggot hippy moved next door to you, your going to bitch about it.
    He is going to look at you and say if you dont like FUCKING MOVE.
    Then again you have the right to tell him stay the fuck home, just like I have the right to tell you to shut the fuck up.

I ALSO HATE the fact that my KLUV oldies station plays 80's and 90's music. I cant do shit about it but I can bitch about it.

If you do not see where he is coming from then you are a tard. A car show turns away classics because they are filled with 20 of the same fucking car that can be seen at a car lot.
    Whats the point. Its stupid.

Car show people get the hint. Because the time may come when Groucho, myself and many other people like us will stay the fuck home. Then you can show all the 2010's all damn day without us talking shit.

Thats all I got for now. Im not pissed I just like talking shit too.

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I dont go to those types of shows..there is a venue i stick with , and i think everyone here knows what that venue is, so I dont have to worry about the 94 vette or the 2010 cramero, or challenger.

now if i slide thru a local grocery store show, than i get what they got, thats pretty much it in a nutshell

3. Tat-2

Tat-2
    from SoCal

Car show people get the hint. Because the time may come when Groucho, myself and many other people like us will stay the fuck home. Then you can show all the 2010's all damn day without us talking shit.

And I am sure it wouldn't bother them in th eleast that you weren't there....

4. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I went to a show a while back and a PT Cruizer club showed up. 200 of the most godded, junked up, crybaby dolls POS's Ive ever seen. Me and "TEAM PERFECT" had a feild day critiquing them.

5. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

my car was new...in 1935....

6. 4406

from Oklahoma

I work at a dealer, and don't care about the new stuff. I see it all day long. I know its their (promoter / car club) to let them in. I guess if I did'nt know how to work on a car i could go buy a new on and hit pep boys for some accessories " for the personal touch"

7. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

Well, some of us Make a REAL MUSCLE CAR out of our cookie cutter new cars.............and my new camaro IS THE SHIT RIGHT NOW. It's 100 degrees out right now and i think i'll turn the a/c on and listen to to oldies on my XM radio and pull some gears and smoke some tires. and yes i have vintage hot rods as well.
    http://s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo210/smokinb35/?action=view&current=MOV00007.flv
    This is the only show i take this car to. because it matches
    [​IMG]

8. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

decafe

9. 61falcon

61falcon

this is one of the many, many reasons i stopped going to judged car shows. i prefer cruise-ins, or events that have an area dedicated for judging.

10. BinderRod

BinderRod

You forgot to mention the matching chairs with the fold over awnings, matching Polo shirts and feather dusters as far as the eye can see.
    Thank god for turn downs on the old truck. I like to give them something to do.

11. This past weekend at the29th annual Spring Water Festival,,3 new Camero's,a new Challenger,a new Mustang and a PT Cruiser,,and they were in the show not selling cars,,

But a open show is a open show and it's a fund raiser and each car equaled 15 bucks,,but I would be embarrassed to show a new car,,of course I don't own a new car.:rolleyes:,, HRP

12. rrayne

rrayne

You right, they would probably want it that way. What Im saying is a lot of car shows are no longer around because they started doing this same shit. Pushing the new cars. Not just showing them but trying to sell them. Accepting anything and now they do not exist. Im not say we are special. Im saying dont fuck up all the cars shows because people will stop coming.

13. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

I like all cars but why bring a 70's rusted Falcon 4 door to a show :eek:

14. UncleJoey

UncleJoey

Its not like the chess club coming out to show their wares. These are "car people" of sorts. So we all don't like the same stuff. I totally agree its the promoters grabbing as much cashola as possible. If it bugs you that much, don't support that show or just walk past them. Man we got enough stuff in this world to worry about than this! Grab a gear and head to a different show!

15. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

This is a entirely different view than what has been expressed ...
    :) :)

These car owners who show up with their new cars and 70 Falcon 4 doors are proud of their vehicle ... just like we are proud of ours. :D :D

Not every one can afford a neat old car ... be it a 32, 40 or 55/57 what ever. Look at all the diverse tastes here ... from Model A's to shoebox Fords, 53/54 Chevies or all the other cool stuff that shows up around here. HAMB guidelines say 1964 and back. But a 1960's car is way,way different than a Ford with wire/spoke wheels from the factory.

I do not really like all the other newer stuff at a cruise in or small show but MAYBE, just MAYBE these same folks who show up with their new or O/T vehicles will get the " old car fever " or get better off financially and get a neat old car ... once they have been exposed to the " old car world "

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  16. Bloodandmotoroil

Bloodandmotoroil
    BANNED

we won't let em in here unless the owner did something truly.. odd with the car.

17. subdajj

subdajj

Its spelled PT Cruiser but pronounced PT Looser

18. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I don't see the point in it either but I don't get pissy about it either. If you don't like someone's ride walk on past! At lease they are wanting to be car guys and not trying to support crushing old cars, emissions for all, or some other cause that would like to shut us all down! WTF some of these members are getting as bad as "Vette" owners.
    "Don't park me next to him, his car is too new!" "Yeah, it's nicely built but it has fuel injection!" I didn't realize so many people were becoming "traditional" snobs!

19. Bloodandmotoroil

Bloodandmotoroil
    BANNED

we don't let vetts in ither, they park like assholes. only reason. lol

that's why we rent the place we have a cruise in so we can say " hey! fuckshit, get that car outta here now! or it gets towed!" DONT NEED NO DODGE NEON IN MY PARKIN SPACE.

20. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

this year was the fewest cruises i've attended in a long time for the same reason. i got alot of work done around the house. i took alot of rides in one of my old cars to parks or just to get ice cream. next year i will plan better to attend shows that are suited for my taste such as good guys, kkoa ect. there's not much we can say about unristricted shows.

21. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Great way of putting it.

22. rrayne

rrayne

WELL, IN MY AREA WE ONLY HAVE TWO CARS SHOWS and they are now rice burner and mini truck shows with ONE FUCKING HOTROD. I cant just walk on by my house and move to where they have a few good cars shows. THATS WHY IM PISSED ABOUT IT. Lately because of the HAMB they have been putting some new shows together that I will be going to.

I do walk right by them. I walk past them to the FUCKING PARKING LOT and look at a few classic hotrods n customs that stuck around even though they could not make it into the show because it was already filled with NEW CARS.

I own a 2006 Z06 Vette. 25 miles to the gallon, fast as fuck, gets me laid, still has 50,000 miles on the warranty. You wont see it at the car show setting beside a 50's hotrod.

YOU PEOPLE DONT GET IT. Its not just this one show. Its many shows. I feel I should speak my mind I dont want the real car shows to all go away.

If we just keep walking and turn our heads and not look what is happening we are giving up on what we believe in.
    Next thing you know we will be over ran by illegals. OH WAIT. LOL

23. roddinron

roddinron

Maybe they just need a wake up call. There used to be a guy around here who would go around and drop a little ticket in the windows of new cars/ trucks, that read "This is not a show car, you're taking up valuable space." I don't know if he's still around, but I thought it was a pretty cool idea.

24. I dont like NEW cars at shows either. I can tolerate them because they have classes for them. What I really cant stand is the nose in the air attitude these people have, like nobody else can afford a NEW car. I really believe these people have no clue how much money you can put in an old vehicle to make it stand out. Usually lots more $$$ than any NEW car! I guess if I didnt do warrenty work on these NEW cars and know what cheap crap they really are, I would be more impressed. When I see any NEW car at a show it just looks like work to me. Sorry about the rant. I just really prefer older more stylish vehicles.

25. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Car show? What's a car show? Yawn. Zzzzz.

26. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

I hear ya. You know what you really gotta do, right? Start up your own show/cruise-in/whatever you want to call it. And make up YOUR own rules: pre-64 cars only, or whatever works. Turn away the folks in their check-book new muscle cars. That's the only way you're going to effect change/create a show of trad rods. Do it man! If I lived near ya, I'd drive my truck-rod to your show (no worries, it's not a RR! :D).

27. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Luckily for me all the local car shows I have been to have a lot of 50s and earlier cars. Those old beast usually out number the late model stuff 10 to 1. I wouldn't have such an issue with new cars if it they had some interesting modifications that took a lot of skill to execute but seeing a late model car at a show that looks like it just smashed into a JC Whitney warehouse is pretty lame

28. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I think of the retro cars like this ,1.They cant build them like we do and they just want to fit in .I do mean the people ,You have to admit The challenger is a nice car .They got that one pretty right .Ill never own one It will be worth less in 5 years ,My next car payment will be a streetrod ,But by then they will be done .

29. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Great suggestion, get out and change it if you do not like what you see.

30. Yeah Ive seen the same thing here with new cars and if thats what they like cool,but dont look for a lot of praise over a grocery getter.but when the new crap keeps out cars guys have put real blood and sweat into then I got a problem with them.If Im in a asshole mood (yeah it happens) I talk to them and then while they are telling me about their 2009 zzchallenette I ask them "so wheres your REAL car" and try and look like I am intrested,then again I was at a famous drive in in so cal recently and a guy in a SHAY replica modelA tried to tell me it was a "real" model A..........yeah OK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.