Register now to get rid of these ads!

60s Vans making come back?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

rich i went to high school with the guy who owns the dodge he bought it new @ 78 or 79 had the paint job applied not long after ,very low mileage van, his older brother long time member of hanover street rods has a model a panel lettered up with barney's rugs on the side, they both lay carpet for a living ,the inside of the van is real cool also !

2. chuckbob

chuckbob

Holy Dog Sh#t. I remember that one from when it was new. NIce to see it still looks good. (I use to be a Boot Hill Trucker from Maryland). :cool:

3. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I never had a custom van back then but had several friends who did. Those Vanners were some party animals! Cheech and Chong had nothing on them! I wouldn't be surprised if some of our younger HAMBers were conceived in a custom van. :D

4. monsterflake

monsterflake

now this is a van!

[​IMG]

5. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

As Rick James said, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug!"

6. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

As Rick James said, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug!"

7. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Like Rick James said, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug!"

8. PLEASE keep the photos coming. This is the only thread I check daily for updates. I'm looking hard for a mid 70's, shorty, Dodge B100. LOTS of options but just not the right one yet.

9. DJKY

DJKY

Dude, I love your van! My buddy Del posted up a pic just the other day with this van beside his bagged obs crew, black with a red flake top at your alls hotel during a monsoon it looked like. lol Again, your van is bad ass.

10. DougHH

DougHH

sometimes i find it ironic that people get grilled for talking about a car that was made after 64 but we got 33 pages of this.
    Whatever floats yer boat and all, merely an observation in passing.

11. codeblu

codeblu

Came across a 68 Chevy van in Dahlonega yesterday, long wheel base, windows on the passenger side, no windows on the driverside. Called and left a message, haven't heard back yet. Van looks pretty good, wouldn't having it to haul stuff around in.

12. might have something to do with the body style being damn near the same till 70-72 depending on the make,kinda like early 50s chevy trucks always got into pre 48 events as 48 chevy trucks............:D:rolleyes: my 64/6/9/

Attached Files:

13. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Dude I got a 67 chevy van for sale in the classified section here on the hamb if you want to take a look

15. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  16. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Never was a fan of vans, but I did have an '64 Econoline PU truck, and wish I'd never sold it!

17. selohssa

selohssa

That is BADDD ASS!

18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Now thats cool! What drivetrain in it?

19. fitzee

fitzee

Now I had to see that van doing a wheelie didn`t I? I know where a early 60`s chevy van is!! Oh my......Get....it ....out....of .......my ....head!!

20. 4406

from Oklahoma

richards69impala thats bad ass !!

21. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

22. I dont know any thing about the van found the pics of it on layitlow.com!

23. StinkBug

StinkBug
    from San Diego

I've got a 62 Ford Falcon Econoline sitting in my back yard right now. A couple friends and I bought it and got it running for the Rental Car Rally - LA to Tombstone a couple months ago. Drove it 700 miles in about 17 hours only stopping for check points, gas, and to add oil. Oh, and to mess with the other competitors of course. Came in 4th overall.

Unfortunately we lost the clutch on the way home, but right now it's gettin a good goin through. We made it road worthy before the trip, now we're fixing all the oil leaks, new head gasket, cleaning everything up, etc. It'll be for sale in the next few weeks.

Attached Files:

24. BajaCharlie

BajaCharlie

Hey guys got a bitchen van event for ya DAZED AND CONFUSED#7 SEPT.17-19 campin out,big raffle,crazy games,van/truck/auto show,tattoo artists,and loud ROCK N ROLL.All vehicles are welcome.This is a Vanner event so dont come if ya cant handle a nonstop party.FOR MORE INFO HIT OUR WEBSITE WWW.WHEELS-OF-CONFUSION.COM and for a ton of van pics check out www.myspace.com/wheelsofconfusionvanclub Oh and let me throw out that we arent makin a comeback we never left.

25. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Vans are making a come back here in Denver.There was a bunch of them in the rod and custom show, rat rod section. Most were rough around the edges.Seems old fads come back to haunt us,Like Bell bottoms LOL.

26. RodStRace

RodStRace

Good to see you over here, Baja Charlie!
    Careful, they tend to eat the young!

27. BajaCharlie

BajaCharlie

I'm not new I've been on here officially for over a year but I spend more time in or under my hotrods than I do in front of my keyboard.

28. BajaCharlie

BajaCharlie

Im damn proud of that lowass post number!!

29. A Model Man

A Model Man
    from S.Carolina

i been on that bandwagon for awhile with my 69 chevy 108 van with open sidepipes 10" bias plys stickin out hte back

Attached Files:

30. scrubba

scrubba

O K , heres mine , a 53 Ford Panel wit a 8-B A 100 horse flathead . If anyone here is from tecas , Lousiania , Missisippi, Oaklahoma , Alabama or even Floridia you may recall a crazy guy sellin van accessories by the name of Scrubba . guess, what Children, I'm still around , barely but I'm about . I'm in Richmond Virginia and I would love it for any of the Old Southern Van Council Members to e-mail me as to what they are doing . I still have many of the origional patterns I used for doing van accessories too. Hey , I never stopped vannin, sorry about the rest of you :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ed Shaver/scrubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.