Register now to get rid of these ads!

Geezer Drags at Mid America Motorplex

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by savoy_man, Aug 30, 2010.

1. savoy_man

savoy_man

I snapped close to 100 pictures before the batteries died. Here are some of them. I will post more if anyone wants to see them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. savoy_man

savoy_man

Here are some action shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Wow! Some very cool cars and racing action. Where is this dragstrip? I noticed a sign that says Omaha, so, somewhere in Nebraska or Iowa?

4. savoy_man

savoy_man

It's in Pacific Junction Iowa. It is right off the interstate (I-29) just about 15 miles south of Council Bluff/Omaha. It's only an 1/8th mile track but it has some good action. The White Trash funny car was there but I didn't get pictures of it because of the stupid batteries. I also missed out on a bunch of front engine dragsters making passes. I guess I'll bring more batteries next time.

BTW...they have this event every year.

5. HotRod55

HotRod55
    from Omaha,NE

Great pics, looking forward to attending/participating next year!

6. Big Dad

Big Dad

Great pics, I guess I missed the announcement again this year that they were having this event !!

7. friskyspatula

friskyspatula

Geezer Drags were great this year, I am lucky to live less than 2 miles from the track so I could hear the fuelers running saturday morning... But Sunday was even better. Not only were the Geezer Gassers, Top Fuel Funny Car "White Trash", Fuel FED's, but they also had a group of Nostalgia Super Stocks that were just amazing. They really put on a good show. Here are some of my photos:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

9. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Geezer Gassers is a club, isn't it? They've got some great looking cars. And regarding eighth mile drag racing, it's every bit as fun as quarter mile racing. Most of the spectators are near the starting line anyway, and eighth mile is much easier on your engine. Looks like a fun event.

10. savoy_man

savoy_man

I love the 1/8th mile. The only issue is with some of the real fast cars. They have to shut down before the finish line.

Hey friskyspatula if you have any more pics I would love to see them. I have a 63 Plymouth and I am building a 64 Dodge gasser for a guy so needless to say I love your pics. Hopefully we'll be running the 64 out there next year.

11. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

There was a jet powered car at that track a few years ago that went 198. was there both days in the car display. Sunday was much much better.

12. easyrider47

easyrider47

At the car show on Sunday, there was a black 29 roadster, fenderless with a flathead in it parked beside a very low 27 roadster behind the bleachers. It had a 32 gas tank out behind on it and a "Rebels", Omaha car plaque on it. Does anyone know who owns this car?

13. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Great shots guys, thanks for posting. Missed it this year. Gary

14. 65 impala

65 impala

would have been a blast to see them run

15. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Pete Smock

16. cornpatch

cornpatch

I was glad we stayed for Sunday. Saturday was good but Sunday was top notch. Being a Mopar fan, I was thrilled to see all the Early Mopar Super Stocks. They are a group that race together and had been at the 1/8 track in Osborne Mo. the night before. Great bunch of folks. Frisky, post the rest of your pics here and I will forward the link to the 62-65 Moparornocar guys.
    I hope to have my 64 Dodge B body 4 speed on that track before I get to old to shift it!.............MO

17. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Thanks for posting pics. So there's a road course running a race right next to the strip? I like the extended catwalk off the timing tower too. Cool little track.

18. cornpatch

cornpatch

Yes, they had it laid out as the short course, so we could see them at the end corner. First race for a new class. Any car you want that can be bought for no more than $500 purchase price. Not including safety equipment. Two days ( I think 12 hours total) several drivers allowed. Most laps at end of time period wins. Instead of LeManns , they call this "Lemons" racing. :) Looked to be a lot of fun ................MO

19. savoy_man

savoy_man

MO,

I'd love to see pics of your 64. Here are a couple pics of the 64 Dodge gasser I am building for my friend. 318 poly with 3 dueces. I'm in the process of building the fender exit headers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Abomination

Abomination

I was just gonna ask, "Was there anybody running a 318 Poly?"

Ha ha.

I recognize ya from the 318 Poly Yahoo group. :D

~Jason

21. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you take any photos of the blue Austin behind the blue and white Thames Trouble Truck?

22. friskyspatula

friskyspatula

Couple of more photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The '63 (last 2 photos) was actually an original racer with the original 413. He unfortunately didn't run as the head cracked from racing the night before.

23. savoy_man

savoy_man

This is the only one that I got.

[​IMG]

24. savoy_man

savoy_man

Man I wish I had been there on Sunday. We had another car show that we were entered in. Had I known all those Mopars were going to be there I would have skipped the car show and gone to the drags.

Thanks for posting those pics friskyspatula!

25. cornpatch

cornpatch

Savoy, I guess since this is your thread, we can get off topic! I really like what you are doing with that 64 Dodge. I have some "friends" that every time they see my Dodge. They want to unbolt the K member and do a front axel and headers like yours. Except they want to move the rear axel up too! I don't dare leave them in my shop alone :)

I have a good friend from Omaha who is running a Poly 318 with two Eddys in his 64 Dodge white 4 door. races at P.J. --Geezer drags.

Also an aquaintence in Calif who has done some wild things with a 318 Poly.

I have a 1964 318 poly complete except for timing chain cover and cam. Supposed to be a good engine. Sell cheap or trade for parts? ..........................MO

I will attempt to e-mail you a link showing my project

26. savoy_man

savoy_man

Cornpatch,

I know the guy you are talking about. He was a neighbor of a good friend of mine. He is on here HotRod55. I talk to your friend every once in a while down at our Wednesday night car shows.

With this 64 we left the K member in when we put in the straight axle. We have flattened the firewal and removed the shock towers and flattened the inner fenders. It is going to be painted candy striped similar to the Ramchargers car.

27. HotRod55

HotRod55
    from Omaha,NE

You "Moper" guys!! I wish we had gone to the drags in hindsight too! Car show was ok, but I would have rather RACED! ;-)

The 64 is looking good and Todd does great work, he helped me build and install the 351C in my 55 too. Now if we can get HIS cars on the road!!!

28. violet springs

violet springs

Thanks for posting the pics. If you have more you would like to share, I would like to see them.

29. cornpatch

cornpatch

Thanks Frisky for posting the last pics. I will try to send a link to the 62-65 mopar-or-nocar guys.

If anyone is interested, I have a friend in Omaha that has a Thames delivery wagon like the one in pictures above . It is street legal with a Toyota? engine. And it is for sale................................MO

30. savoy_man

savoy_man

Violet Springs,

I love the name. Stay away from Munn's Root Beer. I'll post some more pics in a few minutes.