Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jamco Suspension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sickboy216, Aug 30, 2010.

1. sickboy216

sickboy216
    from Jax,Fl

Has anybody had problems with them?I've tried calling them several times to find out whats going on with an order(2wks ago) and when I did finally did talk to someone, they said they would send me an email with a tracking #.I have yet to get the email.That was last week, and the last time I talked to somebody.Do they not like answering the phone or there emails?:mad:

2. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

PM Sent. Have been out of the since Thursday for Personal reasons. Will be back in on Tuesday, 08/31/2010. Sorry to all that have been calling or emailing.

3. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

You gotta love it when the first response is from one of the owners! I can tell you this much, you will love whatever you ordered, I used their ball-joint conversion and Volvo steering conversion on a '51 Ford.

4. slammed

slammed

sickboy, do a proper introduction.

5. sickboy216

sickboy216
    from Jax,Fl

THANKS!I completely understand.

6. sickboy216

sickboy216
    from Jax,Fl

What do you want to know? I've raced motocross all my life.Got my pro-am liscense in 93 and raced the outdoor nationals and east coast supercross series.Been into vintage cars early on but didnt have time to do anything with them until around 2002.Bought a 49 chevy fastback in horrible shape and been working/driving it ever since.Just finished bagging the rear!

7. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Now,we can all say:Welcome to the H.A.M.B.!!

8. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Jamco is good stuff! We have used their products on alot of our projects, Their customer service has always been good for us!
    Jimmy White

9. sickboy_13

sickboy_13

Jamco rules....great products and great service. It pays to be patient!

10. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Love Jamco. Standup outfit! The springs work great!

11. Jamco on my 49 Ford, love it !

12. sickboy216

sickboy216
    from Jax,Fl

Thanks!!!Wont be on here much do to the wife always on the computer.I do want to make clear that I have nothing bad to say about Jamco! I did get part of my order and was just having a tuff time getting somebody on the phone to check on the other half of my order.The owner PMed me and let me know what was going on.So if you cant get intouch with a business on the phone or email go to to the H.A.M.B :D.

13. Blackcat333

Blackcat333

I called today and talked to Jim, and he was EXTREMELY helpful...even to a FNG like myself who doesn't know much haha. I can't wait for my order to be ready! Thanks Jim!

14. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

From my experience Jamco is a first-class operation with parts that are well engineered. I will continue to buy from them.

15. Hexadox

Hexadox

Last year I emailed them thinking they carried stuff for my '67 cutlass. Turns out they didn't but somebody called me later that day to let me know and gave me some good advice as well as a recommendation on where to buy what I was looking for. I was pretty damn impressed with their customer service especially considering I wasn't going to be buying anything from them!!

16. NOLUCK13

NOLUCK13

Love Jamco, nothing but good to say about them. Thy've helped me a lot on my 49 ford!

17. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

Jim will bend over backwards to help you out. I had an order that took a little while to get done but Jim was great with the communications and we got it all sorted out and got my bible.

Oh yeah, I love the suspension stuff too. Full Jamco kit front and rear on my 51.

Attached Files:

18. sickboy216

sickboy216
    from Jax,Fl

Jamco you guys rock! Got the springs today.You must have put an overnight shipment on them. Again, thanks!! I will be sending a buddy of mine your way.

19. weez

weez

I've had their stuff on my shoebox since '95 or so- just freshened it up again with their front end rebuild kit (Pretty reasonable too, I thought) and new steering arms that are beefier than their first ones. Still gotta do the sway bar though!

20. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Props to JAMCO. On the advise of one of the people, I bought a spring that was on sale. They called to tell me they made a mistake, the spring wouldn't work, but they said they would make me a spring for the same sale price. OUTSTANDING SERVICE!!!

21. Not so much what he wanted to know, but rather the rules of the joint. Read this http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274 it will make your stay here much more enjoyable. ;)

22. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

another happy customer here!

23. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

Check out the latest World of Rods magazine. The tech article on my 51 is in there. You get to see Jim himself installing a full front kit and a new set of springs for the rear.

24. ss409cid

ss409cid
    from NC

Hey Jamco, tried calling today and the number is disconnected. Please advise me of new number or when you will be open. Thanks...Larry [email protected]

25. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

hey ss409cid, I just tried their number and got recording that they are away from phone and to leave a message-check out reply at top of this thread from HOTTWEELZ from Jamco

26. psyco50

psyco50
    from Pomona,ca

I have a few Jamco products on my 50 ford, I never had any problems with them ordering parts, Their service is excellent, in my opinion.

27. robleticia

robleticia

Great products and GREAT customer service! JC is a great guy and very helpful. It is well worth the wait for the quality parts! I would use them again any day!

28. Sick Six Cylinder

Sick Six Cylinder
    from New Jersey

I waited over 2 months to get my springs, shocks and blocks. I tried every way possible to get in touch and didn't hear a word for almost 2 months. On the other hand, the quality is great. The springs lowered my front 3" and blocks brought my rear down 2". I'm real happy with the product but don't expect good customer service. I also never received my t-shirt from my order. I would still proudly wear it even with all the hassle and waiting.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  29. robleticia

robleticia

put my ride on the ground! Thanks JC!

Attached Files:

30. zeropercrandc

zeropercrandc

seems like there is always that one guy that gets the shaft lol i been waiting on some springs for a month.... but on the other hand i got the word from jim they messed first set up in the spring rate testing and second set should ship monday morning hope its worth the wait....