Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gennie shifter going out of buisiness?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tulfabrication, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. im not taking sides or anything, i just wanted to see if anyone else heard this. Bout shit my pants when he said who the employer was.

heres the link, skip to about 16:20 ;http://www.khow.com/cc-common/media...i.com/18227/podcast/DENVER-CO/KHOW-AM/martino 8-30-10 2pm.mp3?CPROG=PCAST?CCOMRRMID&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=DENVER-CO&NG_FORMAT=&NG_ID=&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=&SERVER_NAME=www.khow.com&SITE_ID=636&STATION_ID=KHOW-AM&TRACK=

2. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

with their business practices,what did you expect?

RIP ED

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  3. haha, what do you mean, i'm guessing you know something i don't?

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I think they had a way of ignoring their patrons

and in this day and economy, you just cant float that way..i dont think this happened overnight, but thats just my 2 cents

5. Joe G

Joe G
    from Minnesota

This might be a better link to that podcast:
    (click hither)

Sounds like they are not only going out of business, but they are fucking their employees over in the process...at least according to this one caller on a radio talk show. It would be interesting to hear the other side of the story.

6. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

I saw this coming. Great product, poor management.

7. Wow... That is some crazy shit!

8. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Too bad they screwed up from what it sounds...I liked their shifters!

9. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

this has been an ongoing thing.
    you need to pay your suppliers as well.
    The same goes for Streamline,Denver deuce(rod bods) and Vintage auto parts.
    Karma is a bitch!!

RIP ED

10. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

I remember them bouncing pay checks when I worked there,so it is not a new thing.

RIP ED

11. Hot Rod Dirty's

Hot Rod Dirty's
    from KY

Anyone know if they are selling off inventory? I like their shifters better than the lokar, guess I better stock up on a few.

12. Car-Ma;)

13. bobscogin

bobscogin

If they haven't been paying in payroll taxes the IRS will put a lien on whatever assets they have. This could include patents, trademarks, tooling, etc. Could be an opportunity for someone who actually has some business acumen to step in and bring the product back to market.

Bob

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I haven't used the phrase "that sucks" in quite a while but it sure fits this situation. After using every shifter on the market Gennie remains my favorite. My wife bought me the one that's in my '32 2dr. the first year they were in business. It's worked flawlessly for over 60,000 miles and i'm expecting at least another 60,000.
    Roadstar, on here has a son that was running Gennie at one time so I hope he comes on and brings some information that has some substance to it.

Frank

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Never had one. Bought some Offy heads from Eric when he was at Streamline. He got screwed. That was the least time I dealt with them. I hope Race makes it out ok.

16. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

So,you don,t believe the rest of us?
    As for Race,He don,t work there anymore

RIP ED

17. reads like an opportunity

not sure what patents or other IP they had, but if they're not going to be in the business, perhaps someone here will pick up where they left off - only better.

??

18. It's sad, Gennie and their e-brake is the best I've ever used. But you're all correct, in this economic climate poor service won't get it.

19. ems customer service

ems customer service

we're intrested

20. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

I'll be looking to buy a back up shifter as well. The tailshaft mounted unit I have couldn't be better. I beefed up the threaded rod to the tranny to take any flex out and found it to be perfect then. No complaints. I'd buy a back up just to continue having the success.

21. bobscogin

bobscogin

Lien procedures can vary by state. In Louisiana liens are recorded in the Clerk Of Courts office, and it's public record. I'd think it's that way in other states. The IRS lien trumps all other liens, so Gennie's vendors have to get in line behind them in a bankruptcy.

Bob

22. thats true, i have a gennie in my current project truck, and it's by far one of my best purchases. it's a bummer all this is happening but from what im hearing now it doesn't seem like a lot of people are surprised.

23. Me, too... :D

24. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

So I expect my warranty is no good. What have you guys heard about Hot Rod Air??

25. After the B.S. excuse for customer service I got from LOKAR, I hope Gennie dont go out of business. Any AMERICAN business for that matter.

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

And if they start playing the same game as Gennie..(because thats what it sounds like) than they wont live long either..sometimes its a hard lesson to learn ..

I hope someone picks up where Gennie left off, competition is a good thing, and maybe some fresh ideas are in order.

Make it a US company too:cool:..with a better idea, and better customer service..one door closes, another opens, lets hope

27. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

that explains why they never coughed up the shifter I won from Alex at Gambino Kustoms!! Bummer!

28. colorado51

colorado51

If you want to get in the business and play in the big leagues, you can't be an amateur.

The owners are amateurs......

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  29. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Maybe they should be in the alternator business?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.