Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods what's a good under floor pedal/master cylinder setup for a '32 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TREE, Aug 27, 2010.

1. TREE

TREE
    from Piqua,OH

I want to use a under floor brake pedal with a drum drum master cylinder setup on the '32 with the original K-member....whats a good setup? Does not matter if its early ford or after market.

Thanks alot for any info..Phil

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  2. TREE

TREE
    from Piqua,OH

3. junkmonger

junkmonger

A '39 Ford pedal assembly is the traditional choice. See Bishop and Tardel's book 'How To Build a Traditional Ford Hot Rod'.

4. Dr. Frankensickle

Dr. Frankensickle
    from Kansas

go to ebay ,type in 1939 ford pedal,there are 4 on there right now

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I once tried to use a 39 pedal assembly in a 32. You will have to cut up the K member pretty good to make it fit. Possible I guess but not for me. It's more suited for the 35 up frame IMHO

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I used the original 32 pedals. The M/cyl mount is a piece of angle iron bolted to the K member in the stock pedal mount holes. It looks like it is hanging down a lot but the K member is much lower in the center. I wish I could remember where I got the lever. It is a Ford part cut off the mechanical system I think. It looks original.

[​IMG]

This can be confusing at first. It shows the clutch linkage at the top but the lever below that is actually welded to the original brake pedal with a rod going back to the M/cyl. Step on the pedal and the rod pushes in the M/cyl.

6. 38standard

38standard
    from il.

I used a 1970 maverick drum drum master cylinder, you dont want one with a built in residual valve.

7. TREE

TREE
    from Piqua,OH

What was your pedal setup?