Register now to get rid of these ads!

Things to do & places to Visit in Florida & Texas...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DementedStefan, Aug 28, 2010.

1. DementedStefan

DementedStefan

Me and my girlfriend are going to visit Florida in October. Do you guys got any adresses to cool places we need to visit? Car shows, junk yards, shops etc etc. We've already been to New York, Vegas, Grand Canyon, LA, San Fran & a whole lotta smaller towns in between so we thought it was time to hit Florida. We're also visiting Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana & Texas. It's gonna be awesome!

Thanks/Stefan, Stockholm, Sweden

2. George

George

The the Navy's Naval Air Museum in Pensacola @ the Navy base(sounds like your using I-10), the Garlits Museum in Ocala. USS Alabama battleship in Mobile, Al.

3. DementedStefan

DementedStefan

Excellent, we're staying one night in Mobile and now we got a cool museum to visit. We're staying for over one week in Florida so i'll definitely take a look at the Garlits Museum. Thanks for the tips. Keep em coming:)

4. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

If you're going to be here towards the end of the month, here's a couple of cool events for ya:
    [​IMG]

5. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Don't forget to give "fantasy of flight" a look.............just down the road from Disney..it's worth the trip.

Mark

6. DementedStefan

DementedStefan

adjustablejohnsons: We're arriving to Florida 19th October so we're gonna miss www.cruisethecoast.com

hotrod mike: We're definitely gonna attend the Billetproof Drags:)

texoutsider: Awesome!

7. 53ash

53ash
    from Plano, TX

Give us a shout if your coming to Dallas / Ft.Worth Texas area. We can show you around or give you some directions here. Sounds like a great trip.

8. imnezrider

imnezrider

9. 59 brook

59 brook

mobile has the U.S.S. Alabama and the submarine U.S.S. drum i think the name was . it is awesome and unbelievable to walk thru and see how they lived while on board. my hat is def off to those that served

10. 59 brook

59 brook

fla is a huge state to travel in what areas are you gonna be in may help or you can go to flacarshows.com

11. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

There is a world war 2 airplane museum in Galveston,TX. Its super cool and free, they except donations.

12. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

13. Judd

Judd

14. Slow55

Slow55

15. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

16. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

The air museum in pensacola was awesome. been ther twice and never gets old ,also free to get in! they got alot of vintage airplane engines,even cutaways of some to see all the internal stuff.

17. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Hell, i live on i-10 before you get to beaumont tx..swing by and have a Lone Star!!!!:D

18. OLDCARDON53

OLDCARDON53

garlits is a must see

19. DementedStefan

DementedStefan

53>> I will, sir:)

Imnezrider>> Perfect, thanks.

59brook>> Miami, Fort Lauderdale & Orlando are the places we've booked hotels at.

Sam Navarro>> Awesome, we love museums!

Saxon>> Thanks, my girlfriend's gonna love that.

Judd>> Thanks!

Slow55>> We arrive October 19th:(

str8 6 str8 edge>> Awesome:)

matthew mcglothin>> Sounds great!

OLDCARDON53>> Yep, i'm definitely gonna visit that place.

20. pdq67

pdq67

Texas, depending where, but please see the "Cadillac Ranch" west of Amerillo just off Rte 66 in a farmers field on the south side of the old hwy.

There's a gate to walk to the old planted Cads!!

The interstate parallel's Rte 66 along here so it's been turned into an acess road.

pdq67

21. George

George

As someone said there's also the WWII submarine "Drum", plus airplanes & tanks @ the USS Alabama. It's just off I-10 on the Causeway. However Mobile is a rough town, it was the last stop on the Power Tour this year & quite a few booked rooms on the east shore, Spanish Fort or Daphne. People who stayed @ the Marriot downtown didn't have any reported problems. One Tour guy was shot at after chasing a guy who did a hit n run accident.

22. 59 brook

59 brook

yes we did the power tour and mobile was definately the roughest spot we stopped in

23. 59 brook

59 brook

fort lauderdale on a friday nite there is a cruise at a place called the tower shoppes a few hundred cars everything from army trucks to musclecars,hot rods, lambo's,jeep's etc couple of restuarants in the same plaza
    saturday night in orlando there is an old car cruise at a place called old town right outside of disney on I-92
    i think it is the week before garits/billetproof, there is a show in lakeland which also draws some incredible cars everything from a copy of the original mercedes shipped over from the factory to don garlits dragster's. i think this year the chairperson is lynn st james
    if you need anymore on any of these 3 let me know

24. zzford

zzford

If you make it to Loxahatchee when in Florida, be sure to catch some of our cultural events. Just a few examples: dog fights, bear baiting, mud wrestling (after the mud bog), and the midget toss exstravaganza.

25. gmartin73

gmartin73

ya if you want to see the REAL florida take in a few of the mud bogs that are all over the place. that'll be a culture shock

26. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

oct 30 the worlds largest cocktail party in jacksonville

27. DementedStefan

DementedStefan

pdq67>> The Cadillac Ranch is a must:)

George>> We're only staying in Mobile a couple of hours for food & sleep.

59brook>> I'm gonna have to take a look on our schedule to see which dates we're in Florida. It sounds like there's a lot going on though.

gmartin73>> Sounds like a blast:)

I SMELL SMOKE>> We're in texas by then.

Some guys are telling me that we must visit Austin while in Texas. If anyone got some cool ideas of what to do there we would appreciate it alot:)

28. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

there is great hunting in texas and BBQ

29. mrrocket

mrrocket

I recomend driving up Hwy A1A while in South Floirda or driving down to the keys, if nothing else to get that feeling of being at the END of the country...pretty cool.
    Stop in on Palm Beach...very pretty and you can stop by our store, too...lol.
    Palm Beach is pretty, DelRay is really cool and should be stopped in if you in South Florida...Atlantic Avenue had great food and the like.