Register now to get rid of these ads!

Remote oil filter question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Chev, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Deuce Chev

Deuce Chev
    from Pacific NW

So I'm working on installing a new engine in my 48 Crosley (link) and I am going to run a remote oil filter on the engine since it never came with one. My question is, does the height of where it's mounted make that much difference? There is some room on the firewall and it would make the filter bracket about cam height (overhead cam) or a bit higher. Any thoughts? There is almost no room to conveniently mount it lower.

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  2. Wooly

Wooly

See my post on your other thread about fitting oil filter. There is a pad on the side of the crankcase that I have attached the oil filter bracket to.
    Also I works if you use a small diameter oil filter.

Dodge

3. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Mine is pretty high. Seems to work fine.

4. If possible, mount it it such a way that the hoses have some "fall" to them. That way they will drain when you change the filter. I have often thought of the dirty oil still in the lines when changing my oil and wished for a way to purge them (O/T stock Chevy truck).

5. After you mount the adapter............DONT USE THE "ORANGE" FILTER!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: