Register now to get rid of these ads!

66 thunderbird HELP!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loaded dice speed shop, Aug 25, 2010.

1. loaded dice speed shop

loaded dice speed shop

I am working on a 66 thunderbird conv windows have no power to them and do not roll up and down . does anyone know a good spot to get a wiring diagram for this car , all fuses and relays good. thanks

2. 61TBird

61TBird

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

My first guess would be that the window switches are corroded, a common thing in old convertibles. You can (carefully) take them apart and clean the contacts. Have you tried checking things with a test light?

4. thunderbirdreg

thunderbirdreg
    from Toronto

The power window relay is on the firewall on the top about the middle, did you check that one?

5. loaded dice speed shop

loaded dice speed shop

thanks , I will check the relay , already check sw with a test probe no power to them I will let u guys know what i find . Thankyou for input!

6. Joe Johnston

Joe Johnston
    from Ohio

The best advice is to join VTCI and then you can get all the manuals at a reasonable price. Please get all the convertible manuals too, you will need them!!!! (don't ask how I know)

7. jetmek

jetmek

X 2..been there done that!