Register now to get rid of these ads!

has any1 ever seen an old sata gun like this????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fletcher62, Aug 25, 2010.

1. fletcher62

fletcher62
    from Kewanee

here are some photos of that my friend has, we went to the local paint shop for a rebuild kit and they didn't know anything about it so they sent it to their headquarters who also didn't know anything about it. SOOOO eager to figure out what this gun is they then sent it to SATA here in the USA and they pretty much blew it off and sent it back. The only thing they did say was that they thought it was made in 1972. they didn't have any other info other than that.

Does any1 know anything about this gun and what it was set up for? the air tip has 2 written on it and the fluid tip has 20 written on it. The gun apparently has sata written on the wrong side and has made in Germany stamped on the other. the only other numbers on it are 350489 maybe its
    the serial number???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 48cad

48cad

Been using SATA's for years, I never saw anything like it. BTT I'm curious, I hope someone has the answer.

3. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Aircraft painting. Used 'em in the Air Force.

4. fasttimes

fasttimes
    from NC

Just going by your pics and description it looks to be a old primer gun from SATA. Other than that sorry I have never seen a SATA like that. If interested in selling PM me I collect old paint guns. Good Luck on info Paul.

5. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

you going to use it or not ? I like .
    primer gun ....

6. custompainter26

custompainter26
    from st louis

That thing looks older than me. does it spray at all?

7. fletcher62

fletcher62
    from Kewanee

Yes we are going to use yes it sprays but it has a small spray pattern we really need new packings for it but so far no luck

8. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

9. fletcher62

fletcher62
    from Kewanee

thanks Merlin we will check it out and low-n-slow54 did you used to use them

10. donzzilla

donzzilla

I worked on a furniture production line for a short while. They had them things all over the place. It was way before gravity feeds came into play in body shops. When I first seen them it was pretty confusing.

I'd check with commercial production division. They have all kinds of special stuff that the body shops never seen. Like the other guy said, they could have made them for the military also.

11. Dad

Dad
    from Lena Ill

I have one I purchased in early 80`s. Mine was set up to spray Dan-am. it was before feather fill. 2 coats of this stuff would fill almost any imperfection.
    Gene

12. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Yep. We would use those for small detail work like stenciling the Aicraft numbers, warnings, and servicing locations on airplanes. Also used them to paint actuators, landing gear and brake housings.