Register now to get rid of these ads!

crosley hot rod pix please...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atch, Jan 29, 2005.

1. 40Tudor

40Tudor

Sorry, that's the only picture I took. What's your time line like? I'll probably see it around this summer :).

FWIW, it's pretty much the car that Tingler suggested above on this thread.

2. 40Tudor

40Tudor

...nevermind...

3. atch

atch

timeline is that this car is only a body out behind the barn, a pile of leftover parts from current project, a line on a drivetrain from a friend, and a dream. i'd appreciate it if you marked this thread and post pix to it if you see the car again this summer.

4. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

I saw a crossley in Spokane a couple of yrs ago that was on a Honda civic chassis the guy said he had to slice the body length wise and widen it about 4 inches to fit. It was pretty cool seeing him smoke the front tires

5. Muttley

Muttley

Thats the first and hopefully last time I ever read that on the HAMB.

6. atch

atch

AMEN! preach on brutha...

7. 40Tudor

40Tudor

Consider it done:cool:

8. 26-T

26-T

Mike look at the photos in your MIND!Do it!!! Your Mexican eating Bud.26-T

9. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

This is from HAMB drags 1. The kid driving this car (Luke) was only 13 or 14 at the time. He ran about a 12.2 or so, if I'm not mistaken.

Attached Files:

10. atch

atch

one last time back to the top in hopes that someone has pix of jim lytle's 389 crosley.

and i didn't realize that the crosley with the model a fenders belonged to dave lucari (sp?). there are some people who would kill for his ardun flatmotor. i prolly wouldn't kill anyone for it, but i would consider trading my left nut for it.

11. atch

atch

thanx, 40.

for everyone else, see reply # 23.

my apologies to dave for butchering his last name (see reply #41).

and did anyone ever find a pic of jim lytle's 389 crosley?

12. 22dodge

22dodge
    from Nevada

I can't tell if these cars have been shown before, I don't see any pictures on "AHOTRODS" posts.
    Yellow wagon at the Antique Nationals 4 years ago.
    The stock "race car hauler" is at the Justice Bros. museum. '22

Attached Files:

13. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this guy passed us on the 101 fwy going to paso.

14. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

does anyone know who owns this one above?

15. Hell yes!

16. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

There was a lot of speed equipment made for the little CIBA SOHC factory Crosley 4banger engine by BRAJE. And many one-offs were made in school shop classes over the years. Cam covers, water jacket plates, oil pans, intakes...lots of melted aluminum.
    The engines were highly competitive in drag racing, boat racing, small car racing, AND were used for many years after the cars were discontinued by the US Armed Services and trucking/ railroad industries as generators, welding machines, refrigeration power plants. The last hurrah was their use by the Boston Whaler Boat COmpany as the "Bearcat" engine. HP was raised to 75 with a 85 or 95 HP unit in development when the engine plant burned in the late 70s, bringing the end of a well desgned and universal engine.

The transmissions continued in life as used in garden tractors(Kuboda) and small runabouts like Cushman trucksters. The truckster also used the Crosley rearend through end of production

17. nexxussian

nexxussian

I have some pics in my laptop of a Crosley hotshot with a V8-60 in it from Goodguys Spokane, 2006. If anyone's interested I can post them, when I get home. I know it's not realy on topic, but it's a Crosley

18. john56h

john56h

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Custom Crosley built in the 50's and recently found & restored by the original builder's son & grandson.

19. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    I built this trike with a crosley engine

20. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Theres a guy in Milford (Cincinnati) Ohio building a gasser Crosley. His name is Dennis, Its being Built at Jim Richmonds shop... of RICHCRAFT fame.. Its gonna be neat. Straight axle, spindle mounts, pie crust slicks, bomber seats. They widened it four inches down the middle... Really Helped it! I don't post pics on here.,.. You cincinnati guys.. Get on it.. After all, that is "Crosley" town..

Crosleys came from there, now REPRESENT!
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

21. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

22. john56h

john56h

You guys do know the difference between a Crosley and Morris-Minor....right?

23. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

my thoughts exactly:D

24. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I didn't care for the head light swap on the Minir woody.

25. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Dave still has the Crosley..he said he was collecting parts for a new motor to put in it as the original is in the roadster.

CC

Attached Files:

26. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Here's a Crosley from 1959 running a 292 Y Block.
    From the March 1959 Car Craft magazine.

Attached Files:

27. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

This is from a factory rep at a new tractor dealership The Power King/Economy King garden tractors also used Crosley Clutches ,Transmissions,and rear end center sections along with the Crosley Steering boxes.It seems that these little tractors got so popular that when Crosely ceased production the manufacturer of these components kept supplying the tractor manufacturer.I think the rep said Spicer was the supplier to Crosely