Register now to get rid of these ads!

L.A. Roadster t-shirt... best school clothes!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BCR, Aug 24, 2010.

1. BCR

BCR

Well, it is that time of the year again... back to school. In the old tradition of wearing your best school clothes the first day back.
    When my wife asked my son what new "school clothes" he wanted to wear the first day, I sure was proud of the choice!

[​IMG]

He wanted all his buddys to know he rode to the Roadster show with dad in our hot rod! :)

It was one hell of a struggle to get the cars built and get there....but the memories are worth it. Mike

In case you missed the thread about the trip. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484684

2. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

forget i said anything

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  3. BCR

BCR

What is off topic about driving a 30 Model a roadster to the L.A. roadster show and being proud of the fact that it is a great memory for my son?

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

little do you know how ON topic that is. Mike your trip was one he will never forget.

5. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

forget i said anything

6. BCR

BCR

Guess I was proud of the fact I have created a little "traditional hot rodder"

7. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

forget i said anything.

8. BCR

BCR

[​IMG]

Report the post to the moderators and have them take it down.

Have a good night Jessie!

9. uncle buck

uncle buck

Mike, forget whatever Jesse had to say. The LARS is a dream destination that many here hope to attend, and never actually do. I know how proud you are to have made the trip in your roadster , as I have also made the trip. It is even neater that you have a son so enthused about it has his age. Stand tall and proud of him for showing the importance of wearing his souvineer t-shirt, after all he is the future in our hobby/sport/ business or whatever you choose to call it. Dave

10. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

what he said

11. BCR

BCR

Jessie has the right to his opinion that my kid in a t-shirt is off topic.

If I would have posted a pic without the background story it would be way off topic.

I used the "traditional tag" because we did drive (1000 miles before it broke down) in a hot rod.

It says right at the top of the page "Spreading the gospel" and I was just proud that I am doing my part!

So is it off topic? I guess it depends on your point of view.

Sure must have been for Jessie.

I sure didn't want to start any drama and I don't want this thread to be about Jessie cause I don't even know the guy.

(Just looked at Jessie's profile, he does some nice work.)

Mike

12. I have a friend whose grandson won't even ride in his '32 roadster. If it's not a video game, the boy wants nothing to do with it. You have a right to be very proud of your son and his interest in hot rods. I sure as hell would be. And your post is very ON topic!!

13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hooray for your son!!!---This shows good character for later decisions in his life!!

Pix of my son at 8 yrs. old helping me building my '32 roadster.

At 14, he rode the rumble seat to Tulsa Nats & back, confirming his love for open cars!

Later, when he was 24, we built his own '29 hiboy (Father/ son), that he shared with his family for many years.

Now at 52 yrs. of age, he has had the "Hot Rod spirit" instilled in his life!!!---------Don:D:D

Attached Files:

14. Not O/T And way cool!! And forget Jessie said anything.......

15. :cool::cool:Drew pegged the "Too Cool For School" apparel...!

"Right On" Hot Rod Drew...!
    :cool::cool:

I've been to that show a few times but never with a car and My dream has been to drive one of my Roadsters to that show... glad to see that this was a dream come true for your whole family!

I'm going to marry into a family where there's a 15 year old that ignores everything in life but his Video games and the 17 year old that looks at my Hot Rod photo's and tells me that he misses the Hot Rod!

Goes to show that we can't impress all the youth but it's all worth it when we reach one!
    :cool:

16. poor kid, you gave him an incurable disease, you should be ashamed of yourself....
    i hope my kids are similarly afflicted ...... hahaha

17. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Times have changed. I remember getting suspended from school for wearing a Lions jacket.
    Nothing w/ printing was allowed- except letterman jackets.

18. And I bet the Doctors still can't remove that smile off his face!!!:eek:

19. Special Ed

Special Ed

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. I can see his classmates staring at that shirt and saying "cool!", as your son beams....:)

20. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

WOW...what a great family....all of you are just terrific and a real tribute to the hobby. :)

21. wizzard23

wizzard23

This thread is cool and I enjoyed the one about your trip as well. Hope to meet you someday. Saw your roadster in Salina, but too much to do, so little time.

22. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

That kid looks just like you Mike. It's like you were cloned or something.

23. BCR

BCR

Hey, thanks for the support guys! Looks like from the replys, some of the guys (legends) that were actually there and lived it realize the importance of our youth being excited about this hobby.

Paul, everytime he rides in the roadster he says "If you get on it dad, I promise I won't tell mom" Ha Ha.

Worst problem is, my daughter likes speed and cars more than even Drew, she ask me one day if that was all the faster my car would go....High 11's in the 1/4 and it ain't enough for her.

Wife is a car nut also, I am truly blessed!!

I am kinda proud of the fact that someone will want all this Hot Rod junk I have struggled to put together!

Mike

24. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

That is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!

25. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

Much better than the usual sports or team jersey!

26. I'm surprised you would send a child to school dressed like that. What a disruption in class that probably caused. Was he suspended? LOL

27. BCR

BCR

Not yet!

28. hemi

hemi

Cool! What a great experience for him, too.

My kids proudly wear their Goodguys clothes all the time.

When I was in high school, I did my school shopping in the VW magazines. I ordered T-shirts from any advertiser who had one. Saved my mother a ton of shopping, and every day I ran to the mailbox.

29. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

i miss going to the roadster show with my dad

keep it up these car shows with the meaningless trophys is what makes memmories that will last forever

30. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Good looking kids. My daughters grew up in the rumble seat. Keep that fun button pushed down, but don't forget the sunscreen (Lesson One from the roadster Dad's training manual....).