Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pix of '55-'57 Ford Gassers - the "other" Tri-Fives

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Just Jones, Jun 25, 2010.

1. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

lol No doubt!

2. Just Jones

Just Jones

I don't think I have posted pix of this car yet . . .

Kind of has the old "Street Beast" vibe from the '70s, except it is so clean

Attached Files:

3. Posting this again for the guys that couldn't see it the first time around (still don't know why).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  4. Just Jones

Just Jones

^^^ I would love to see and hear that wagon run!

5. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

i'm going to be starting on mine soon no straight axle just a lift kit

6. Just Jones

Just Jones

That's the direction I am heading with mine. Post some pictures when you get going on the car, ok? It would be great to hear the details you have planned for the car.

7. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:eek::eek::eek:

8. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are you the current owner of the "The Whale"? Love the early picture of it.

9. Just Jones

Just Jones

more

Anyone else out there in HAMBland have something to contribute?

Attached Files:

10. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

Nahh, not me, wish I was! There was an article in "Kustoms Illustrated" Vol. 1, No. 2 about it (2004)...at the time it was owned by Robbie LaCroix of Enfield,New Hampshire, it was for sale at that time. The drag version was powered by an injected Lincoln 430 backed by a 4 speed and a 3/4 ton banjo style rearend from a Ford truck (!) The car ran in the B/G class, around '64 or '65 is when it was modified from a street custom to a gasser. In it's earlier incarnation (custom) it was said to be running a stock mill with a McCullough supercharger installed.

11. pinstriper ny

pinstriper ny

very nice yellow 57 well done.

12. Just Jones

Just Jones

Damn, I would love to see that article. Better yet, I'd love to see that car!

13. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Timmy and I were good friends and Kelsey Martin and I spent many hours with him before he passed away fighting cancer( fought hard for 18 months). There were so many great stories he told ,not only of that car but many others. He was a wealth of knowledge on the 50's-60's Hot Rodding scene here in the New England area. We'd watch slides at his house and he would know the history of "who built this car, this sold to so and so, this ran at Sanford, where the car was today, etc".
    I do know he would be thrilled to see the pictures of this car on this site. Thanks for the info and I will see if I can locate a copy "Kustoms Illustrated". :)

14. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

I don't know if it'll help (not sure if they have that back issue) but here's some contact info:

Web site: http://kustomsillustrated.com/Home Page 06.htm

Email: [email protected]

Mailing address: KUSTOMS Illustrated
    P.O. Box 2236
    Ashford, Conneticut 06278

Good luck !!:D

15. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

Here's the issue you're looking for:
    [​IMG]

16. Just Jones

Just Jones

17. RAY With

RAY With

A lot of great old cars here and many I never saw before. Thanks to all who posted the pictures for us. This was back in my hay day and use to love to go to the drag strip on the weekends just to see the many different set ups and get some ideas and go home and start building..

18. National Trail Raceway will be having a Y block and 57 Ford shootout as part of the NMCA /NMRA race Laborday weekend.Plans are in the works for my car to be there.Hope'n for good weather.

19. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks a lot!

20. ive been there the last couple years debating on going up there or not this year
    the only real reason to go is for the y-blocks the swap and most of the racecars and showcars are 90 and newer mustangs .....BORING

21. True enough with the Mustang deal,but I'm a drag racer at heart.It'll cost me a bunch but I haven't been out in a while.

22. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

23. Just Jones

Just Jones

Anyone else have something to contribute? I know some of you guys are building ford gassers out there - show us your projects!

24. 54Mercruiser

54Mercruiser

This is an awesome thread, kind of inspiring, may take the parts car Merc from "parts" to "starts" status! I have a running 256 y-block if anyone is interested, should have it at the swap meet in Arlington, TX at the Ballpark.

Kind of off the topic, but not quite, do any of the guys from the D/FW area remember the "Jolly Green Giant" Edsel? I remember seeing it at Green Valley when I was a kid (towards the end of Green Valley's life) and at Texas Raceway in Kennedale. then it disappeared. It was sweet!

25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Cool idea for your Merc. Post a pic and I'll Photoshop it into Gasser mode.

26. 69Rebel

69Rebel
    from Kelso, WA

I'll use my first post here to say "Hey! I know that car!" It belongs to friend of mine here in Kelso. Not the original, but a very, very cool car. Al (the owner) is a member here too, I see. Maybe he'll notice this and fill in the details

27. Just Jones

Just Jones

Mine - in progress. Still needs to come up about 3-4 inches in the front, radius the rear wheel wells, and do interior and body. Hope to have it done by next April for - a Viva Las Vegas 14 debut. Our club - The Defenders - is planning on bringing at least 3 -4 gassers next year.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  28. Just Jones

Just Jones

Evidently a recent find from last winter. Looks like it's had a few "updates". Anyone know the history of this one?

Attached Files:

29. Just Jones

Just Jones

This 56 (with a 55 grill) has evidently been around for quite some time. Again, anyone know details on this one? I believe it is an East Coast car.

Attached Files:

30. Just Jones

Just Jones

Different pix of a car I posted earlier. This this is so bad-ass. If I understand correctly, that is a steel tilt front.

Attached Files: