Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 47 plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joel torres, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Hey Joel.....I think you left your lights on.:D:D:eek:

2. joel torres

joel torres

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/148727008486317" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/148727008486317" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

3. 6berry

6berry

good to see some updates from u. i havent been able to update lately but maybe i will now so i can prove ur not too far ahead of me haha

4. joel torres

joel torres

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/149248961767455" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/149248961767455" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

5. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

AAAAHHHHH, I"M BLIND, I CAN"T SEE! oh wait, that's from something else....nice job Senor Torres

6. joel torres

joel torres

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/149547765070908" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/149547765070908" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

7. joel torres

joel torres

does anyone have one of these forsale i have been waiting for my buddy to replace the one he broke on my cherry picker for months now and i want to lift my body off the chassis i am trying to be the bigger man
    so id rather buy one and drop him as a friend for good then beat him to a pulp and get in trouble
    [​IMG]

8. ChryslerRodder

ChryslerRodder

:DYou may be able to get a new hydraulic cylinder at Harbor Freight.

9. joel torres

joel torres

yeah thats what i figured but i will try to give the money here first if not then il buy from the store
    nice avatar are you making a build page for yours?

10. joel torres

joel torres

the idiot hasn't replaced it yet so im itching to knock him out so if i disappear for a little its cause im in the big house
    tomorrow im going to borrow one from a buddy and remove the body one last time
    i plan to degrease, replace gaskets, plug harness in and run motor without body, work on the drive shaft, and finalize the chassis

11. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. JoelOkie

JoelOkie
    from Oklahoma

Joel, here is a driveshaft measurement link website, if it helps. Great job on your lights. Looks like you are making progress. I'd buy the jack ram the guy broke and didn't replace, and hit him in the teeth with it before you install it:rolleyes: Joel

http://www.iedls.com/Education-Zone.asp?CID=6

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  13. joel torres

joel torres

14. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. joel torres

joel torres

good news my buddy saved himself from getting a knuckle sandwich and delivered a brand spanking new one from jegs to my house he was scared to get out the car he has known me many years and knows i was a bruiser back in the day i was ready for a sob story and pow right in the kisser but he handed it to me and said sorry
    body will take lift off tomorrow morning

16. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Sometimes a REP is gold mi amigo, glad you got what was needed...at mi casa it is yes tio, no tio, when I am pissed.
    Of course I did wed Martinez 32 years ago:)

17. joel torres

joel torres

houston lift off was a success
    i pulled the chassis out again and will start cleaning and finishing it up starting tomorrow
    note to self: when pulling chassis by myself dont forget to spray wd-40 on the front brakes :(

18. koolkemp

koolkemp

Make sure you post some pics eh Joel!!

19. ChryslerRodder

ChryslerRodder

Hi Joel,
    I like what you have done so far, great work. When I get going on this I will start a project album. I have mostly been accumulating parts and lately dealing with some health issues so it will sit one more winter then it will start. I got lucky with mine, almost no serious rust! I am going more with a restorod approach. Upgrade drive line, brakes and interior. Make it a dependable driver. Keep posting your work, its a positive influence.:D

20. joel torres

joel torres

the new baby is on the way :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  21. joel torres

joel torres

REAR BRAKES ARE PRETTY MUCH DONE oops holes are drilled for all the grade 8 bolts $36 worth i had to leave as i didn't bring that much :( car running better but still need a new battery found a mystery vacuum line that havn't a clue where it goes i'l figure that later
    i want to degrease a little more maybe remove all wires and paint the block i guess
    just running thru the list hope everyone is having a good loonnngg weekend

22. 6berry

6berry

hey joel do u have a front splash pan from your parts car that i could buy off u?? also im looking for both bumpers

23. joel torres

joel torres

i dont think i have an extra front one and i just crashed into the rear one last night as i was pissed to high hell and pulled into the driveway and rammed the chassis with my jeep so do you have a rear one :) lol

24. 6berry

6berry

that sucks!! i dont even have a back one for me. maybe u should learn how to drive before u get the plymouth finished:rolleyes:

25. joel torres

joel torres

got a visit and a ride from a buddy of mine
    he's a friend who has a unbelievable collection
    57 chevy convert
    49 merc convert
    every other 57 chevy made including all the wagon models
    the rest i forget
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. joel torres

joel torres

have most of the chassis pressure washed, primed and painted. im going to remove all the wires from the motor and degrease and paint next
    i have to study some body patching photo's like kool kemp and stuff cause its really bothering me that i don't feel the confiedence in patching the body right now it's like i have a mental block so il keep plugging away till it smacks me in the face then all hell is going to break loose

27. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Way to go Pape! I hqve 3 senoritas/daughters myself...I married a Martinez:)they are grown and have given Esmey and myself 15 grandbabies!!:D

28. joel torres

joel torres

wow that must be fun you can spoil them and then they go home :) my mom is excited hopefully more on the way later

29. joel torres

joel torres

ok i did my first body patch it looks horrible i have to get this idea out of my head that im going to fill it in with this perfect looking square and after sanding it wont need bondo but in the real world this is as good as it gets until i get a little better this was me just playing around without any effort
    do you spray the epoxy primer first then body work ontop of primer cause i might not do the body work i might just smarten up and let someone else do the headache
    [​IMG]

30. koolkemp

koolkemp

Doesnt look that bad Joel ! The biggest thing to keep in mind is to try not to leave any pinholes in the weld seams, and its pretty much imperative to cover , paint , seamseal the backside of the weld , it will start to rust there first if you dont treat it ! I am doing most of the mud work on my 47 over the epoxy if you can keep the moisture away from the backside of the bondo you should be able to keep it rust free. Shoot me a PM anytime if you have any questions about any of the stuff you have seen on my thread!