Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage All timers Gathering Haverhill MA.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodroadster32, Aug 18, 2010.

1. hotrodroadster32

hotrodroadster32
    from Mass

Is anyone going to this All Timers deal on monday in Haverhill Ma,never been before might go.

2. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

3. dentisaurus

dentisaurus
    from Boston

If I can get out of work early enough I might have a look

4. I was scheduled to attend this year but didn't realize it was the weekend before Woodward and Scalz' No Coast Panel Jam in Fort Wayne IN.Guess I'm going to miss another one:(.

The idea behind the Monday venue is that the old Ty-Rods get together was on a Monday and for many years the Monday after Labor Day was a hot rodder's holiday.The concept worked amazingly well and undoubtedly pissed off a lot of employers:D.

To those who are going;have a great time!

5. In my opinion, this is one if the best, if not the best, show of the year. Especially if you're a kustoms or traditional rod guy. No scene BS, just cool cars.

& the show is rain or shine. We'll be there!

6. In my opinion, this is one if the best, if not the best, show of the year. Especially if you're a kustoms or traditional rod guy. No scene BS, just cool cars.

& the show is rain or shine. We'll be there!

7. nailhead ed

nailhead ed

can you give some details on when and where for this show? thanks

8. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I went for the first time last year and it was a great show. I cant make it this year but this is the info I have
    All-Timers Gearhead Gathering
    [/B]1pm-8pm
    American Legion
    Post 4, rt. 121 Haverhill, MA
    info: gearheadgathering

9. nailhead ed

nailhead ed

is it today from 1-8?

10. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

11. nailhead ed

nailhead ed

thanks bcchopit

12. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Just got word the show is cancelled due to weather

13. Not for nothin, but why in the HELL would they put "RAIN OR SHINE" in HUGE letters on the front of their show flyer only to cancel it in this shit. A lot of people took the day off or called in sick (myself included) today just for this show. To have them call it an hour before the "rain or shine" show starts is pretty shitty. Especially since it's HARDLY raining out. It's less than drizzle. Yeah, the weather is lousy, but there are a whole lotta rodders out there that aren't scared of a little mist. I'm just sayin.

OK, I'm done bitchin for now.

14. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Ok so it is cancelled. Is there a rain date ??????

15. 32 hudson

32 hudson

16. the last Rebel

the last Rebel
    from Hell

Ya that was some bullshit! Rain or shine my ass. Took the day off drove all the way there only to find a sign saying show cancelled see you next year. That is was ridiculous. Not cool on there part. Very bad choice.Dont put rain or shine put weather permitting.Cost allot of people allot of money for a little mist. Real Hot rodders are not afraid of mist!

17. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

NEXT YEAR..... what the f**k

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

I don't see any photos yet.

19. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Ummm, I missied it cause I didn't know about it..Haverhill is north of Boston, around Lowel/Lawrence?

21. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

ummmm you missed it cuz it was canceled "due to weather" (even though the flyer says RAIN OR SHINE). haverhill borders plaistow n.h.

i think it's pretty weak cancelling a show without a rain date especially when it's on a monday afternoon. see you next year? how's about see you next monday? or the next sunny day?

here's the only pic from the 2010 all-timers gathering. pretty much says it all...

[​IMG]

that sign should read "show cancelled due to a fine on & off mist in the air"

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  22. Fenders

Fenders

Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these courageous couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds...
    unless they are running a hot rod car show..

23. I wouldnt mind so much about the show being cancelled, except for the whole "rain or shine" thing on the flyer... Cost me a days pay for NOTHING. Bastids

OR, maybe it's because this is pretty much the best show of the year. ...Usually

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  24. Maybe it was misting where you live but where I live (20 minutes North of Boston on a small mountain) the wind was blowing over anything not screwed down and the rain was kinda intense.
    Cut the guys a break.....they'll hopefully reschedule it another month from now.

W.T.F.......I'm getting too old and cranky to drive topless, no fenders and no wipers on crappy bias ply in a mild hurricane anyhow!

25. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Sunday we got almost 4 inches of rain. The fields would most likely be a real mess that is fine... but not do the show this year that is just gay...

26. the last Rebel

the last Rebel
    from Hell

Well two miles North of the show it never even misted or rained a drop all day. We were at the field and it was nearly dry. So any one from the North that came to the show drove there in the dry. Hot rodders live North too! Plus it said RAIN OR SHINE. We would maybee cut them a break if they didnt put rain or shine on the flier.Again a stones throw North it was not even damp out. Screwed everyone from ME, NH, VT.Then to boot the only way to know it was canceled was to drive there and have a sign give you the big F.U. Oh ya the sigh also said see you next year not next week or next month.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010