Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Sand Draggin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shonky, Jul 25, 2010.

1. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

Just got back from the Supernat's in the UK and wondered if any of you guy's can shed some light on this beast.
    I'm guessin it's some kind of Roth inspired 60's show car ?
    so what the hell is it doin in a field in the middle of the UK :eek:
    discuss

Attached Files:

2. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

http://www.nsra.org.uk/newforum/showthread.php?t=41374

3. edweird

edweird

i had a model kit of it when i was a kid.

4. edweird

edweird

found this.

Attached Files:

5. edweird

edweird

i cant believe you havnt gotten any replys.

6. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Bob Reisner (California Show Cars) built it in about '68. Oldsmobile donated the Toronado drive train used. Ed Newton did the design, Stan Nystrom constructed the body. Reisner previously won two Oakland Roadster Shows back to back with his twin engine "Invader".

7. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Anyone know anything about this thing?:eek: How did it end up in the U.K.?

Attached Files:

8. Pro 300e

Pro 300e

Hi , Just to help out on this thread about Sand Draggin.. It is currently owned by Gary hillman from Kent Uk, and has recently undergone a rebuild by my friend Dave Woodfield here in the Uk. I was approached by Dave to see if i could help out and rebuild the front suspension as at some point before Gary owned it , it had been up on its back wheels and slammed down , resulting in a lot of damage as you could imagine!!! so while Dave had some new wheels and hubs custom made, I straightened and remade parts for the front end , had it all rechromed and installed it with all new fixings and rose joints. While I was working on this, dave had also been trying to source parts for the Jackson intake set up which was siezed due to being left open to the eliments!!, So my next project was to modify it to take the 4 weber down draughts you see today , makeing the linkage up to all work on one pull of a cable was sure a challenge .. but a fun challenge.
    If you check out this link.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ_AuwsPN1Y you can see a video my son put together from the photos and videos I took during its time at Dave's place.
    On a final note.., the paint and pin strippin on the car is the original from the 60's, Gary was insistant that it should stay on as its a major part of the cars history, although a bit tatty in places , it still catches the show car era of the time.
    Hope this has been of some help. Jon

9. i think after the way he was giving it some when the show was packing up you`ll be working on the front end again lol...it spent a lot of the time in mid air......

10. bbb

bbb

Tim, are you still planning a visit to see him?

11. yup...i leave all the sorting out to our public relations officer paul....nick check your pms

12. Pro 300e

Pro 300e

Hi , Just to help out on this thread about "Sand Draggin".. Originally built in the late 60's by Bob Reisner under the "California Show Car" banner, it toured the USA , had many mag features and models reproduced of it.. it ended up being sold off and bought by a music producer in france.. It is currently owned by Gary hillman from Kent Uk, and has recently undergone a rebuild by my friend Dave Woodfield here in the Uk. Having been stored fore countless years in an underground garage , everything was in a sorry state and pretty seized up. I was approached by Dave to see if i could help out and rebuild the front suspension as at some point before Gary owned it , it had been up on its back wheels and slammed down , resulting in a lot of damage as you could imagine!!! so while Dave had some new wheels and hubs custom made, I straightened and remade parts for the front end , had it all rechromed and installed it with all new fixings and rose joints. While I was working on this, dave had also been trying to source parts for the Jackson intake set up which was siezed due to being left open to the eliments!!, So my next project was to modify it to take the 4 weber down draughts you see today , makeing the linkage up to all work on one pull of a cable was sure a challenge .. but a fun challenge.
    If you check out this link.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ_AuwsPN1Y you can see a video my son put together from the photos and videos I took during its time at Dave's place.
    On a final note.., the paint and pin strippin on the car is the original from the 60's, Gary was insistant that it should stay on as its a major part of the cars history, although a bit tatty in places , it still catches the show car era of the time.
    Hope this has been of some help. Jon
    <!-- / message -->