Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Picked up a couple trucks for a song this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mac_55, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Mac_55

Mac_55

Was working up north of town on an old country dead end road , after 2 weeks of working there , on the last day i was pulling out and glanced to the end of the road and sw the glint of alot of grille stainless through some pine trees. After tracking down the owner of the ground , he returned my call about 2 weeks after i found them and i went and loaded them yesterday .
    The first is a 47 Binder, the very first hotrod i was ever a part of was a 47 international that me , my dad and my brother built when i was around 10 years old so ive always had a soft spot for them. Body is super nice on this one and it wont take a whole bunch to make a slick hot rod out of it.

The second one is a 52 f4. Has a really really solid body amd the 215 is said to run smooth , just needs a water pump and a battery. I plan on selling the f4 so someone else can have a hot rod project , just ad a frame and a bed . But i think im going to rathole the binder for a future project for one of my sons. Gave a grand for the pair of them so i think i came out smellin like a rose.

I was thinking maybe a possible gasser theme with it , never seen an international gasser , i was running through possible names earlier being an international with a farming heritage , it opens a whole bunch of possibilities lol. " Crop Duster" , " Mind Binder" instead of mind bender. "Corn Fed" ... lots of options.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Toner283

Toner283

Holy crap. you made out like a bandit. that binder looks like it has been well looked after for most of its life.

3. Mac_55

Mac_55

Someone actually re did it on the ton and a half frame at one time . The frame has been blasted , primed and painted along with the trans and the motor . The cab was done in that burgundy and clear coated but the clear has removed itself in most places. The fella i bought them from said he ran a heavy truck sales buisness for alot of year and he always had a soft spot for binders. Said he has a few more at his house he plans on keeping .

4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Nice find! I'll work up Gasser photoshop for your Binder.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010

5. jscoma47

jscoma47

Thats a heck of a score! Congrats!

6. Mac_55

Mac_55

Hey thatd be great!! Ive never seen a binder in true gasser fashion with the right stance etc. IMO they are one of the best looking trucks that were ever built but the following just isnt there . Ive always expected to see a big 13 letter explosion on these kb trucks but it has just never happened.

7. ironpile

ironpile

Was the owner an Altsheimer victim? If not you stole them.

8. skoh73

skoh73

Nice haul, man! Couple of beauties!

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I can picture that Binder with a short stake rack and if the engine isn't up to par I'd do a SBC/automatic and have a really cool hauler. The Ford could have similar possibilities. Whatever you decide share the project with us.

Frank

10. blt2go

blt2go

sniff, sniff. yes that's rose dipped in rose. lucky s.o.... good luck with the build and keep us posted.

11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

[​IMG]
    Here you go. I'm thinking 460 Ford, toploader, nine inch. I never really thought about these trucks as Gassers, but I see what you mean about looks.
    [/IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  12. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Run on ethanol and call it "Corn Hauler"

13. 21tat

21tat

Nice trucks!

14. Mac_55

Mac_55

Hey thanks man , I really like it . with a healthy set of fenders out back a guy could really shoe horn in alot of tire. you might have just made up my mind for me !!

15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

You're welcome. I got the bed off of a real '47 International and it appears to be the original type fenders on it. Couple other pics had the same type. The more I look at the front end I realize how much more aerodynamic your truck is than the Fords or Chevys of the same period. Yeah, I can see this coming off the line with the front tires a coupla feet in the air! :eek: :D

16. rocknrollratfink

rocknrollratfink
    from LA

How bout Corn Rocket?

17. oil'n'rust

oil'n'rust
    from NewZealand

can I have singing leasons?

18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

lol To quote myself "Yeah, I can see this coming off the line with the front tires a coupla feet in the air!"
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  19. Bart Simpson was right after all ....

The good finds are made by those guys over in Shelbyville.......

Jim:cool:

20. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I like the red one ;)

Nice score!

21. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

Nice score. I really need to head west to find another car/truck. Crap is too much $$$ on this coast. Good luck. The Gasser PS looks great esp the last where the truck is hooking!

22. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thanks. Too bad there are none over here in Hawaii. I'd love to build one like this myself. It would definitely stand out in a crowd of Willys and tri five Chevy Gassers. No offense Mac 55! :D