Register now to get rid of these ads!

Satin's 58 Impala project update (Metalflake)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Satinblack, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Satinblack

Satinblack

Ok well I been working on this baby every morning before work, definetly got the bug again and while I have the energy I keep attacking it. Some of you know me to do all my own work which has always been my philosophy from birth. Good or bad, I attempt anything :)

Anyway woke up one morning last week and said to myself WTH, time to try shooting some flake, never done it before so heck why not. So this is my first flake job and was my original plan for the 58. Black on top of the dash, gold mini flake on the bottom section and rear deck. Not perfect, but I did it myself. Oh some of pics here also show the wiring I have strung out right now with Ron Francis mounted in the glovebox. I also have a guage pod that i liked that sits in the front speaker spot. Also hard to see but i have a few flakes in the black paint as well, very suttle. I will say its hard to take a pic when this is in the sun, stuff reflects like crazy...........all i can say is DAMN.

Excuse the mess in back ground I have crap everywhere ....time to clean up and get regrouped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Nice job! I love the "I'll attempt anything" philosophy. I do the same!

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool! Which technique did you use to shoot it? Mixing it into the Clear/mid coat and shooting, or lay down a clear coat and shake it on?

4. Satinblack

Satinblack

Oops forgot to mention that.
    Black base coat, then midcoat I added the flake, then a clear top coat

5. Want2GoFaster

Want2GoFaster

Looks damn good, first try or not! Love to see more of the paint & the rest of the car

6. Satinblack

Satinblack

If u want to see more just do a search on satin impala, should see a few different posts.

Just got back from parts place was able to pick up actual terminal connectors for wiring to fit right back into the stock plugs, so now im back to wiring, have fun.

7. Want2GoFaster

Want2GoFaster

Looks great. I dig the tail light choice.

8. peav34

peav34
    from webb city

It looks good, but i have always loved flake keep up the good work

9. Looks great. But I'm NOT "feelin" the gauges up there like a periscope. Bad idea I think

10. Satinblack

Satinblack

Well to each their own, I didnt want the cluttersome stuff hanging under the dash since I have other plans down there :)

I personally liked the idea and since it matched the hump where the speedo is, it seemed the thing to do

11. I really love this color combination, looks good in the pics, I bet your glad you had a go at it.

12. The paint looks great.

I like the gauges on the dash. Puts them at eye level.

13. Satinblack

Satinblack

Binga- yes it was fun to shoot, always fun to try something new

FFR- Yes that was another reason for sure to keep the gauges at eye level