Register now to get rid of these ads!

almost done with my 65 chevy pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by matthewsuckerpunch, Aug 20, 2010.

1. matthewsuckerpunch

matthewsuckerpunch
    from Austin TX

just about finished with my truck. when i got it, it had alot of cancer and surface rust. one of the mirrors needed to be shaved, some of the post holes in the bed needed to be filled it needed alot of body work. it isnt finished but it is driving. i have alot of detail work left to do and my brakes need some work still. i got it to this point then drove from nw arkansas to austin in it and she did great. got a couple runs that need to be sanded out because i painted it but im no painter haha. im happy with the way it turned out and will be finishing it up as i have time to do so.

when i picked it up
    [​IMG]

as it sits today
    [​IMG]

still need to find an original rear bumper and put some bed liner in the bed... it has the drop gate on it now but not in the picture. still need to paint the wheels also. they will be the maroon color. sorry for the crappy cellphone pix.

2. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

chop looks perfect on it how much?
    really balances out the profile...

3. Mattilac

Mattilac

That's cool truck! But in my opinion it would look a bit better if it were lowered more, considering the chop. :)

4. matthewsuckerpunch

matthewsuckerpunch
    from Austin TX

idk the chop on it, a friend did it in the 80s. truck went missing for years and years then just showed up at his shop about a year ago and i picked it up. i cant find where its been chopped but i know it has haha. my biggest plan is to lower it, theres another similar truck in town that is almost on the ground and im jealous. thanks for the kind words, it isnt perfect but im happy with it for sure. alot of hard work put into it.

5. Mattilac

Mattilac

That's probably a good sign.. the chop looks great. Rad truck either way. Sounds like you are going to lower it more, which will be awesome.

6. likaroc13

likaroc13

looking good...it'll be even better once you drop it a bit...if you can find out, i'm also curious how much it was chopped...my dad has a '66 cab that he had chopped 3" in the 90's....i'm contemplating using it

7. matthewsuckerpunch

matthewsuckerpunch
    from Austin TX

im gonna say around 3 inches because i had to make one off wiper arms and they were cut 3 inches so it sounds right to me