Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stranded, screwed and nobody stopped! - with pix!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Weasel, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I'm glad to hear that you and the missus' are Ok; it could have turned out much worse!
    That club would NEVER see my arse again; I find it hard to believe that none of them stopped. I couldn't do it, just drive by a fellow Rodder in trouble?? The trail of oil is a bit of a giveaway that something is going on!!
    I don't have much of a conscience but leaving another Rodder like that would be troubling me!
    Look on the bright side, the Willys was not the car hit by the boulder.

Doc.

2. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

well hopefully the insurance company declares act of god and you get a new truck.

3. What Lefty said.....

Must have been str**t rodders....

Glad it wasn't worse.

4. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

oh man that sucks. Imagine if you had been driving the willys!

I woulda stopped and helped out.

5. all that aside, nice looking willys.

6. KARMA ?? WTF :eek:

7. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If the club has a website/forum go to it and thank them for their help.

8. I stop for just about anyone. One week ago i stopped for a shit box magna and let the guy use my phone to call a tow. It's just the right thing to do.

9. Crappy, just crappy. Someone should have stopped just to see what the deal was and arranged you a tow for the rig and get the Willys to a safe place.

Bob

10. It has been said but i would defiantly post the name of the club and the names of all them "Buddy's" that passed you by. That is just plain bullshit!!!

11. Special Ed

Special Ed

Clubs typically consist of a bunch of like-minded individuals. But I wouldn't hold anything against the club itself (perhaps there are actually some decent members that did not even attend the event), but the morons that make up it's membership.
    Regardless, that was uncouth to not even stop for you....:(

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  12. Although I do screen hitchhiker's these days after giving this guy a lift for 40 miles, turns out he was packing a bottle of vodka (which he drank half) and he had been in jail for murder!!!

13. that sucks dude! i would defineatly contact the club the guys that didn't stop so their members knew if they had issues be prepared to not have help from these fellow assholes! plus letting other members to let them fend for themselves if they have issues along the hiway.

14. dragster dude

dragster dude

to all those that dont stop to try and help just remember what goes around comes around

15. I'm gonna play devils advocate here,,,coming around that curve and seeing that good looking red car I don't think I would have noticed the drive shaft in the road,,I would have been eye ballin' the car.

Probably a car broke down but there is a truck and trailer that has already loaded it up.

None the less,,You should go to the club meeting if nothing more to express your feelings and displeasure with their lack of concern for a potential member or just the fact that a old car is sitting on the side of road that may be going to their show.

What's the rest of the story?

Rollback?,,drive the Willys?,,inquiring minds want to know.HRP

16. mrrocket

mrrocket

It is FAR more dangerous to UNLOAD a trailered car on an uphill, from a truck with only a parking brake (no PARK since no driveshaft), with one person holding the brake and one backing off a trailer than to have someone (girl or not) walk to get cell range.

To be honest, the attitude of "well it WAS on a trailer", or any other "why should they stop/care/be concerned" in some of the post here is telling. Talk about Karma.

17. Lild

Lild

I dont give a shit what the car is on the trailer or what theyre towing it with. I wouldve at least stopped to see if they needed something. So you didnt see parts in the road? Maybe they threw a belt or popped a hose. You could take em to the nearest town to get the parts. What if they had kids with that needed super vision while parents fix or get help. You dont know unless you at least stop to ask if they need something. Just being a half way caring person goes a long way in my book

18. brad chevy

brad chevy

Dang ,dude bad luck but it looks like all these posters with excuses are club members to,At least no one was hurt but go to their next meeting and tell them just what you think of them.But as said earlier,what comes around goes around.

19. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Anyone driving by that would know there was a problem; a truck with a car on a trailer stopped on an uphill curve? come on. I stop for anyone who doesn't have anyone else stopped, and if it's safe I'll stop even f there's another car stopped already, I just might have the tool or knowhow they need to get going. A few years ago at the Kalamazoo Street Rod Nats i was having the typical SBC starter issues. Sometimes it would start right up and other times no so much. I got the car started for the trip home and told my wife I wouldn't shut it off till we got home four hours later. On the expressway home we saw another street rod die an coast to the side of the road. I was pulling a big popup camper with my '46 chevy and hit the brakes hard and got stopped just ahead of the stranded car and looked at my wife and told her we gotta help and I shut the car off.....We got the other car started (electrical prob) and watched as about 30 Street rods drove by. As I was walking to my car a guy in a low bucks T bucket stopped and asked if all was well. I told him we got the other guy started but asked if he'd stick around to see if my '46 would start. It did start, barely, and we went on our way. I really lost a lot of faith in the street rod guys that day. One thing, most of the cars that passed us were high dollar cars and maybe the owners didn't have the knowhow or tools to help. I'd have stopped in a heart beat for that truck and trailer on the mountain, even if i had to park 100 yards away and walk back....

20. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

I can't BELIEVE that fellow rodders didn't at least stop to ask if you needed a hand/had everything under control. That's just mind boggling. Is it one of those car clubs that cares about trophies? If so, then I fully understand why they didn't stop. :mad:

Glad to hear you folks weren't injured.

And I recommend you look to join a different car club (or remain a lone wolf). Obviously, this one has some issues.

21. gearheadwelder

gearheadwelder
    from CT.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with your truck. I think its been said already, you don't need to join that club. Club or not , someone should have stopped to help, its just the right thing to do. This is a lesson to all the drive byes, make sure you stop when someone is in trouble.

22. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

How do you screen a hitchhiker? Run a credit report on the shoulder of the road?

23. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

The first thing I would have done was unload the car. The truck still had the E-brake and front driveshaft. The truck would have been rolled off the road onto the shoulder out of traffic. There is a big ass shoulder right where you stopped. What help would you need to do that?
    Drive the damn car far enough to make the call. Drive the damn car, Jeez.:rolleyes:

24. slickschoppers

slickschoppers
    from Iowa

wow.. unbelievable.....

I gotta say,, here in the midwest you would have had alot of people stop. or at least that has been my experience.

I was going to a bike show 2 years ago and there was a custom broke down about 20 miles before the show. I stopped and he was just out crusin,, didn't even know there was a show that day. 6 hours of driving him from shop to shop later we had his bike fixed and made it to the last hour of the show....

I don't regret missin the show at all....... helping him turned into a adventure I'll likley never forget and some HILLARIOUS stories.

I stop for EVERYONE,, bikers, streetrods, little old ladies, ect.... I think from the photo's it is OBVIOUS that you are broke down,,,,,

SAD day when the club guys didn't stop, I'd tell em to shove it up there ass and make a point of letting them know it.

25. slickschoppers

slickschoppers
    from Iowa

on a second note...

"And not that it should matter , But ... ( and yes I know you said bite me )
    having your rod on a trailer fixes a picture or attitude from those not releasing why you are trailering your pride and joy ....;)"

funny,,,, I thought that the screw 'em, they can take care of themselves was the attitude that guys WITH trailers were suppose to have?

the funny thing is.... I see alot of guys that become complete assholes the minute they see a car on a trailer... which again, to me is funny because they end up acting like the trailer queens that they pick on so much. they call the guys with trailers, spoiled, stuck up, and would never stop....

but some of the same guys that say that suddenly won't stop to help someone with a trailer....

I know that probably wasn't the case,, but i've seen it happen,, and at the end of the day,,,,,,, you have a guy "claiming" to be a true hot rodder that is just a sad person hung up on an "image" that won't stop and help someone because they may have, Money, or a trailer queen........

SAD!!!

26. I picked up a hitch hiker one time and when he opened the door I asked him if he was an escaped serial killer. When he replied "no" I said good....only one allowed in the car at a time.The look on his face was priceless. Other than that sweet Willys,sorry about your luck and also only assholes don't stop to offer help to stranded people regardless of who they are.

27. dagenesta

dagenesta

God bless off-roaders.

28. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

What a bunch of tools! While heading to a local cruise night my bro's ride made a "POP". We pulled over to check it out. We already had my car, my dad's car, and his on the side of the road and at lease 4 more people stopped and asked if we needed anything. I thought it was pretty cool to see so many people willing to drop what they were doing and try to lend a hand. I always try to stop and help if I can, especially for women. I always think "What if that was my mother or wife stuck on the side of the road?"

29. lorodz

lorodz

wow that sucks man ..i was driving home after dinner out one night and as i came around a bend i seen 2 cars in the middle of the road where there is heavy traffic area so i slowed down to find a older women in her just restored 70 chevelle and her husband sitting behind her in his newer truck with the flashers on in the middle of the road ..so i pulled over to ask what the problem was ( battery dead )..so i told her to put it in neutral and i ran behind the car and pushed it to the side of the road by myself her husband was a great big old fat guy..he looked as if he walked he would be outta breath ( lol) anyway after i got them outta harms way i said good luck started top walk away and the guy was yelling for me to come back so i ran back ovr and he was tring to give me 50 bucks ..so i gave it back to him and said have a nice night and get home safe...im a car guy i would never take money from someone who was stranded ..told him thanks but nop thanks ya know it just made me feel good to stop and help out ..the car was beautiful they just picked it up from beeing restored 20 mins before ...the car wasnt charging and the battery died ...

30. Glad you folks were ok! That is the main thing but damn, it had to be scarry as hell! I can't imagine what was going thru your mind in those seconds leading up to the actual impact!?! Great thing is again you are okay and you had insurance. As for the others folks, apparently no HAMB members there, you must write the club and spread the gospel of Ryan, the book of HAMB must be adminstered to the heathens that drove by. I can bet you a fist full of dollars that won't be the case tommorow going to the HAMB Drags! Break down on this journey and you will come away with new friends! Do you here me heathens!?!?!......
    Calm breathing exercises here.... ... chrommee.... ... chrooooommmeee.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.