Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Some might not likey my 50!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50Delux, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Wolfie

Wolfie

The only person that you need to impress is YOU! If you dig it.....that's all that matters! I ALWAYS build my cars and trucks for ME.........That way there's no complaints!

Wolf

2. 50Delux

50Delux
    from Michigan

I finished up the clear coat,(14 coats) and took the tape off. I was so gitty I pulled it outside and the sun went behind the clouds and never came back out!!! Im glad I pulled the tape off because I had a spot were the base color found its way on to the white. I will touch that up then do my wet sanding. Today was a wasted day,I mounted the rear bumper then I uhh, oh yea I took a nap! Its hard to say no when my 4 year old asks me to lay down with him while he takes his nap!!:D I really appricate the feed back as thats what keeps my ass motivated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Looking good. Doing a 52 Buick 4 dr myself. I like the 4 drs. It's good to be different.

4. mt94ss

mt94ss

Looks like you are doing a great job! Keep it going!

Mike

5. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

I'm diggin' the flake! Looking great! Can't wait for the next update!

6. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

get a load of those tail lights!! im loving the car!

7. erlomd

erlomd

8. 52kiwi

52kiwi

Hi Deluxe ,good looking car ,only got 4 door 49-54 Chevys over here so had no choise but too have one.

9. rocknrollratfink

rocknrollratfink
    from LA

I love me some Flakes. Corn flakes and Metalflakes I could do without flakey people though.. Regardless.. Great Work!

10. 52kiwi

52kiwi

pics

Attached Files:

11. 50Delux

50Delux
    from Michigan

My Sunday was a pretty good day- the kids were at the inlaws so I got to sleep in,woke up and went in the garage to finish up my cheap sand blast cabinet. Then back in for lunch and a nap followed up by working on the 50. We got the old axle out and started to mock up for the air bags. Heres a few pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like the looks of that blast cabinet. The Chevy is coming along great too.

13. The_Monster

The_Monster

really coming along nice!

14. bigbadad

bigbadad

That looks sweet man, good job on the flake. Love the Caddy caps they look right at home there. Do they fit right on or did you have to mod them to fit? Good work.

15. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

4 door?? Oh shit i didnt notice, all i saw was a bad ass 50 Chevy! Awesome score bro your car is looking awesome!

16. gearheadwelder

gearheadwelder
    from CT.

17. 50Delux

50Delux
    from Michigan

No mods to do to them they poped right on. Thanks for all the kind words

18. Rod Zombie

Rod Zombie
    from Florida

Kool...................

19. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

again, i love it. i really dig those tail lights. you ought to do a tech on how you built that sand blast cabinet!

20. SoCalChevy54

SoCalChevy54

very slick ride...

21. SoCalChevy54

SoCalChevy54

4-doors look bad-ass to, keep it up bro...

Attached Files:

22. 38standard

38standard
    from il.

Nice job, love the flake.

23. teddyp

teddyp

i started a post for 4 door cars and got a ton of posts just to show you that 4 doors are cool a real custom is built the way you like it be it a 2 door, 4 door, a long roof or a truck it,s style and class that matter and your chevy has it keep the good work up and enjoy

24. 50Delux

50Delux
    from Michigan

Back in the garage tonight,we tried to cut out as little as we could for the notch. The problem is if I try to piece it back together I think it will look like hell so we decided a new floor with some nice bead rolled lines would look alot better. So out with fuel tank and the floor. Now the canvas is open. The car has a whole new look with it lowered down and its still 6" away from laying out. Next comes the notch!:eek:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My friend whos helping me do the suspension work does alot of rock crawlers, he just finished up a frame for a customer so I had to get a picture of it. Not my cup of tea but true workmanship.
    [​IMG]

25. 50Delux

50Delux
    from Michigan

Back in the garage today, havent been able to get to my friends shop latley. He just got called back to Ford and is on afternoons. So we managed to get a little done today. This is my first air ride im doing and damn every 1/2" lower we go something else needs to be cut out!!:eek:
    Setting up the notch
    [​IMG]
    Welded in
    [​IMG]
    Time to cut the frame out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Once we got the notchs in and lower it down the tires were hitting the top of the wheel well. More shit to cut out! I was only able to get one side out for now.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  26. The_Monster

The_Monster

wow dude, this is very inspiring! Great thread and pics! Keep it coming, and nice job so far! And nice looking welds too! ;)

27. inlinr6

inlinr6

We just finished my buddies 53 4 door,corvette grill,Pontiac trim,louvered skirts,and a conti-kit.nothing wrong with 4 doors,be cooler with6 doors!

28. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

Nice work keep pictures coming

29. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

I think it looks great 4 doors or not.
    I would like to comment on your rear notch, you will get alot more drop if you dont put the bags ontop of the axle. I know alot of people do it that way, but they lose about 3 to 4 inches ( height of the compressed bag and brackets and mounts, you would be better off mounting the bags behind the rear axle, you have the space now with the tank and spare tire well gone, dropping the bag mounts will help keep the floor of the trunk flatter and also allow the axle to go higher into that deep notch you built.
    The Only draw backs to getting that low, as you found out inner tire clearance and drive shaft tunnel will have to be raised.

Also to keep the front floor boards intack, you could run the lower links forward and not hit the floorboards and the upper link to the rear for your 4 link set up with a panhard bar then make you trunk floor match the contour of the upper link bars.

Just my .02 cents. you can see what i mean at this thred page 2, i opted to mount the bags infront of the axle and keep leaf springs, the notch is next.

Keep up the good work and pics
    MrC

http://www.killbillet.com/showthread.php?t=24522

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  30. 50Delux

50Delux
    from Michigan

As far as the bags go we were thinking of doing them behind the axle. I know there is more cutting than what i thought there would be,but thats alright I've got a welder!:D