Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods See the USA...in a Hemi-Powered Model A.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Aug 4, 2010.

1. t-buckethead

t-buckethead
    from texas

WHERE CAN I BUY THE BOOK OR MOVIE,thanks man!!!

2. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Damn thats cool !!!

3. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Simply amazing man......must have been an unreal trip. Glad yer back home safe in the TX.

4. Thought I might put this pic on here,cause goes along with your trip....

[​IMG]

If you look closely,you can see yourself through the window,Bass....

[​IMG]

5. choptvan

choptvan

I agree! That is a good road to take. Drive it at least 2 times a year.

6. WOW, ive been reading this and i must say you have just made me decide on what i will do on our next vacation..

the pics, the words, the whole experiance youve told us has made me want to travel across the states even more than ever...and im from new zealand...

thanks mate....

7. forty1fordpickup

forty1fordpickup

Great write up, Great pictures. Thanks man!

8. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!! I need to take a drive out west some day. Beautiful country. Seriously dude, you didn't bitch about the weather once. It had to be HOT! :cool:

9. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Thanks for taking us along with you on your trip!!And also for taking the time to take some really nice shots of it and sharing them with us.It looked like a lot of fun and also took some balls to make the trip, but it seems you enjoyed it all the same....great job!
    Muncie

10. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

When I grow up, I wanna be just like you.........or a circus midget. Cool ride.

11. Toner283

Toner283

He's not a midget, More like Cousin It's long lost brother. :D

[​IMG]

12. Awesome trip and a big thanks for updating it daily for all the rest of us to follow along with you Bass. One of the best road trip threads I've had the pleasure to read.

13. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Toner283:

That's not me...that's Crackerhead Mike, aka "Dick", aka "the Wolfboy from Warsaw."

14. Thanks.....enjoyed it....

15. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Brian you are my hero seriously, your whole trip has inspired me to get out and explore our own backyard. I will make a trip like your self man. Thanks for the great pictures and the narrative post. Your BAD ASS! Thanks Danny

16. sponge

sponge
    from Austin tx

"Inspirational"

17. Toner283

Toner283

Sorry, my bad. :eek:

Trying to be a smartass & ended up looking like a jackass

18. popsracer

popsracer
    from Sacramento

Wow! Awesome thread. Awesome trip! You are the man!! Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

19. cracker head

cracker head

I'm gonna be famous...

20. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

I will Finish my Rod, I will take a similar trip in Australia, I will post it on the HAMB.

You have inspired me Bass, Awesome Trip & as stated before, thanks for taking us along with you.

21. badgeree

badgeree

Aw come on! You must have had a nap by now. Gas 'er up, pack a tin of wheel bearing grease and head out in the other direction. You arriving home is having the same effect as the last episode of Mash....what am I going to look at tomorrow? What am I gonna read now?
    Thanks for the ride, it was great.(And thanks for the Desktop pictures, they're fantastic.)

22. olds215

olds215
    from C-more, OK

It would have been much easier for you to just make the trip and enjoy it yourself, but you went to the trouble of sharing it with all of us. As others have said, fantastic photos and great writing. A calendar or even a book have been suggested - I hope you did not take those as just compliments. We're serious!
    And if any hot rodder ever needed some motorvation to stop worrying about their ride and just get out there and drive it, your story fills the bill. My attitude toward my own '29 A CCPU has already changed just since this thread started. I don't have the stones to drive it as hard or as far as you, but it will be driven more just because of your thread. Thanks for the ride!

23. Thanks for the inspiration. I can hear the road calling.
    Kinda makes me wanna tell the boss what he can do with his job . . .
    CM

24. Well there was this. :p

25. Tommy R

Tommy R

Brian,

Thanks to you I now have a new goal for my car. Now I want to drive it to Bonneville, race it, and drive it back to Texas. I guess I should read up on the rules for racing on the Flats. :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to chronicle your trip. It truly was inspiring. I now have even more respect for you.

Tommy

26. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Bass, Great trip, thanks for keeping us informed. Glad I got to see you and the car here in Colo. Springs... see ya at the roundup in the spring>>> Nick

Attached Files:

27. SlamIam

SlamIam

Brian, I also want to say thanks for taking us along. Your photography is some of the best I've seen, and your commentary struck a chord with me.

I won't forget your road trip because it has motivated me to get back in the garage with a new determination to get my A running.

28. TexasDart

TexasDart

So do you have any left over SALT for my margarita? Great trip....

Good luck on de-Salting your ride.

29. Labold

Labold

Great post Brian, sounds like an awesome trip.
    ...makes me wanna get out and drive.

30. hotrod-kenny

hotrod-kenny

thanks for this amazing thread! A trip like this has been a dream for me, But it will probably never happen. Now I at least got a taste of what it could be like. thanks for the great photography and observations. Fantastic!

Kenny.