Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Second, First Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotrod95, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Thats a 52. And nah, they make bold on brakets that go off the original motor mounts.

2. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

3. smarg

smarg

4. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Haha. Thats the first one I showed her! She thought it was kool. Didnt want one thou. This is the site I showed her.

http://www.kikker5150.com/indexb.html

Not sure about the brakets.

5. smarg

smarg

They are all the same brand, just distributed in different places.

6. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

7. Look's Cool, gotta love a old ford truck. Here is a model I built of one..

[​IMG]

8. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Would you be looking to sell that?

9. Um...I don't know. You could build one just like it...it's painted Krylon Kackhe (TAN)...and just lowered.

10. historynw

historynw

Make a good Fred G. Sanford truck

11. Is their another 48 sitting next to it in the pic???? Thought I saw one.

12. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Yes there is.

13. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Haha. they dont sell that year of model around me.

14. Oh...you could order one.

15. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Haha! True man. I like your ford. 60? Manual?

16. Speaking of the Sanfords.. When you see the truck, from the inside of the living rooms P.O.V, they removed the windshield.. So you couldn't see the reflection of whats goin' on behind the scenes. Thats one flat windshield!

17. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

We might be getting the truck later tonight

18. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

We got the truck. Its pretty solid. A good ol' farm truck. Im gunna pull the seat this weekend and get the passager door unlocked since it didnt come with a key.. But thats all part of the fun.

19. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Pictures later. This will now become my build thread. I have a couple questions. 1.I got the passanger side door to open from the inside. But I cant figure out how the handel works from the outside. Help? 2. What all would I need to buy/do to get this truck to a 12 volt system? Thanks guys!

20. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Bump. I need help

21. the lights

the lights

if you cannot open the door from the outside the inside lever could be in the locked position or worn out. if its worn out you could take the whole assembly out and possible weld it. for 12v you should need a 12v alternator, new bulbs, voltage reducers for the gauges that drop 12v to 6v found at your local radio shack, and new coil and wires.

22. Cool truck! My Grandfather had one of those sitting in a field about 30 years ago. He gave it to my cousin and he got it running. It had the V8 in it and he would drive it around burnning oil like mad! I mean just a BIG blue cloud behind it. Well, he finely drove it to my house for a engine rebuild and we found the problem, a mouse nest in the lifterr valley! The mice had pulled the stuffing out of the seat, went down into the motor and made a nest. When the engine pumped the oil up into the motor, it could not drain back down. I guess with all the oil pumped up under the valves, some would get sucked past the intake stem. Some things you never forget!

23. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Thanks!

Haha. Man, gotta love hearin' storys like that! Thanks for sharein'!:D

24. Cool truck, love the old fords.

25. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

#1 good steering, #2 brakes (all new stuff).#3 get that old motor running and drive it!
    oh yea, have fun.

26. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

Fix the obvious first like , new brakes, tyres, exhaust, sloppy steering etc , your life and others are worth more than a few bucks worth of repairs you'll spend jus to make it roadworthy.

27. hihorse

hihorse
    from Orting, WA

First make sure the gas tank and lines are not ruined by old gas sitting in it for 30 years. Drain away what is left over and dispose safely, then you can inspect it. If there are no leaks, lucky you, you might be able to save the old fuel tank with an Eastwood tank coating. If not check a repair shop or see if a repop is made for your truck. Meanwhile if you need to bypass the gas tank, run a fuel line to the carb from a jeep can full of new gas. Clean out the carb before you run the new gas. Be verrry careful with that open gas can, a spark or spill will ruin you, your day, and your truck. Always disconnect the battery and keep a good fire extingusher around when working on it.

Make friends with a guy who welds, have them show you how. Don't bother to weld a leaky gas tank, it isn't safe.

You will probably find the floor is rusted through, so start practicing your welding skills on that. Then you should replace the front and rear window rubber so you don't leak rain water and rust the floor out again.

Joining a group like this and your local car club will help you with fixes, finding parts, and even give you a club member discount on insurance.