Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 Nostalgia drags Australia

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by OBFB HA/GR, Aug 19, 2010.

1. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Just a couple of pics from last weekend . The 6 of us had a ball racing over the 2 days . Jeremy flew up from Sydney for the weekend to 'JUST WATCH' .The Danglemeir boys towed his car up for him and he ended up the winner with local 'HOON' Ted in the 4 banger being runner up .
    The OBFB car has some engine damage , so when I have her pulled down I'll post more pics.:)

Attached Files:

2. bobw

bobw

Looks like you had nice weather for the meet. Nice to see pics of 6 HA/GR's in one place.

3. hotrodmatt

hotrodmatt

Hope the engine damage isn't too bad Nigel.
    Thanks for sharing the pics.

4. HAMBsterLady

HAMBsterLady

Nigel,
    Certainly hope the mean green machine engine is not too badly injured.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    Dick and the Barn Job are off to Bakersfield in the morning. I follow on Saturday. Hopefully, we break nothing and Dick gets some good runs in.
    Looks like we will have 5 running Hambsters for the weekend. Should be
    a good time.
    Again, hope your engine is not badly damaged.
    Kay
    Hambster Lady

5. Living Hamb

Living Hamb

Sure was great to see a six car field and congrats to all for putting on a great show. Well done to Jeremy on the win and to Ted for coming so close. Jeff was very consistent over the weekend but just missed the final because of his 13.49 on 13.50 dial in break out in round 2. So big thanks to the Black Knight racing for towing 3 cars up from Sydney...these guys along with Nigel and Ted are keeping the bracket alive. Great bunch of guys and can't wait to join the ranks real soon.......

6. Four Banger

Four Banger

Question: The light green car with yellow wire wheels, looks like it has a laid-over four cylinder engine. Peugeot???? How quick and fast is this car? It says he was runner up....

7. teda265

teda265

First of all I would just like to congratulate jeremy on the win and also everyone for a great weekend.
    To answer Four Bangers question yes it is powered by a Peugeot XC series motor with 99ci capacity.
    The best times i've achieved so far with it are 1.98 sec 60ft , 10.20 1/8 & 16.36 1/4 mile.

8. Four Banger

Four Banger

Not meaning to be a pain, but tell me more! What modifications have been done to the little Peugeot? What was it's stock horsepower rating? What does your car weigh (without driver)? I'm very intrigued with the small engine/light weight concept. I really like your car!

9. teda265

teda265

Hi Four Banger the only mods on the Pugster so far are a mild cam,shaved Head & Zoomies headers,i'm still running the stock single barrel Solex carby on it.
    These motors produce about 76-80HP SAE and come standard with double valve springs ,dual row timing chain and a forged steel crank.
    They'll rev to 7000rpm without much modifications ,but i've been limiting mine to about 6000rpm till I fit my twin SU carby setup.
    It's race weight without driver is just under 1200lb's,but with driver please add 270lb's:eek:

10. hi guys i wish i was there at willowbank, but still rebuilding my slant 6 engine after it split 4 bores and spun evrything it possible could spin
    congrats to ted for some brightware in the cabinet well done
    wot a lifestyle for bosko "fly in" win "fly out" too kool

11. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

thought i would add some more photos off the weekend, Jeff and myself would like to thank everyone for thanking us for towing Bosko's car up to Qld, we would do it for any Hambster that wants to come racing with us anytime, Any track, any where :D

Attached Files:

12. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

couple of more photos

Attached Files:

13. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Did you happen to video Bosko's speech . I bet it was a beauty. Well done to all concerned.Just gotta get the Flattie fixed and we'll be back out there.

14. QQMOON

QQMOON

You Guys are LEGENDS good on ya all and to Bosko for Bringing home the HAMB(Bacon)

QQ

15. 60chev

60chev
    from Australia

watch those red lights mate a good day was had by all bring back the flat head

16. Joe Roseberry

Joe Roseberry

Great photos, I haven't been on line lately so I fallen behind on what has been happening. I met several groups of travelers from down under at the Famoso ANRA event in Aug. and was impressed by the really friendly and cordial people who are involved in our sport. Joe Roseberry HA/GR #48

17. tmf

tmf

Hi Joe

Thanks for the Tshirt and your Hospitality.

Troy

18. vwv8

vwv8
    from Australia

Hi all, would anyone know if Hamster racing has a Victorian ( Australia ) club

regards
    Kev